Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: The Baltimore Ravens should heavily pursue a new OC and DC for 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    That's why the Ravens defense was so successful against Peyton, because Ray and Reed knew it was all bullshit.
    Uh, what? Since when was our defense always successful against Peyton? Last year in the playoffs was the first time we had beaten him since 2001. Peyton has OWNED the Ravens throughout his career.

Blog Entries

... The only 100 yard rusher throughout was Ray Rice and he had to run the ball thirty times to get that.
    Ah, the good old days. I wish RR could pile up 100 yards on 30 carried now... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Uh, what? Since when was our defense always successful against Peyton? Last year in the playoffs was the first time we had beaten him since 2001. Peyton has OWNED the Ravens throughout his career.
    I said defense, as in the defense that held Peyton without a TD in 06', I didn't say wins and losses. I mentioned the specific unit.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Kubiak would salivate with the options we have here. But cry like a lil girl looking at the Oline!

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

Greg Cosell (Within the first minute or so of the clip): Speak! http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=10164823
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Next year, we will have the same OC and DC unless Caldwell gets a HC job. The team is going through a couple years of transition and this is just year one.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    So funny how fickle everyone is. This time last year everything was Cam Cameron's fault and Caldwell was the savior and our offense was going to break records going forward.
    Yep. Caldwell won a Super Bowl and already fans are turning on him. Can you imagine how fast fans would want Kubiak gone if he underperformed? I can't wait for the "Cam-iak" or "Kub-well" nicknames.

I don't think the ravens need to get a new defensive and offensive coordinator . Our defense is performing very well so far this year and our offense may not be good but I think its quite reasonable to understand that most of the problems on offense isn't the fault of the offensive coordinator.

Ravens fans may have a problem with Jim Caldwell because he still running the same system that Cam Cameron ran and that may be true but their play calling is a lot different in my opinion. The philosophy the ravens are running is the air corydell which is a system that favors deep pass but at the same time solid slot receivers and a solid run game are important as well to the system .

The Air Corydell main goal is try to get opposing defenses to cover the whole field which is generally impossible especially when you have solid receivers attacking each part of the field.

Blog Entries

I'm not necessarily saying that Caldwell needs to go, but Cameron's system needs to go and dammit, if the man doesn't grow some balls and tell Harbaugh to let him implement his Indy system, then he might as well get his ass out of here and get somebody in here who will.

Does that explain things?

I'm on record as saying I hate this scheme.

It's basically the Al Davis Raiders offense of the 1970's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'm on record as saying I hate this scheme.

It's basically the Al Davis Raiders offense of the 1970's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Thank you. Why in the world, with a QB of Flacco's caliber, do we have a system, so dependent on a rush offense first? And not that Caldwell's system will be all that 'creative', anything would be an improvement over this one. How in the hell are you going to guarantee an assistant his job after he turns down your offer of making him the OC, before you make Caldwell the OC? What type of shit is that?

I'm not necessarily saying that Caldwell needs to go, but Cameron's system needs to go and dammit, if the man doesn't grow some balls and tell Harbaugh to let him implement his Indy system, then he might as well get his ass out of here and get somebody in here who will.

Does that explain things?
    Caldwell's scheme worked pretty well in the Super Bowl when they had an offensive line that was decent and a RB who wasn't injured/old.

I'm not saying Caldwell is the best coordinator out there but he's shown that if you give him some decent players on the line and some decent receivers (IE a TE that isn't named Dallas Clark) he can be pretty effective.