Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 81
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268

    Re: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty



    Nothing in that hate speech screed you just posted has anything to do with A&E's decision to temporarily suspend him from their television program.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty

    They did it because it what's the entire left does. It shuts people up. They don't want an even level playing
    field. They ran Jennifer O'Neil out of town and the duck guy off TV. They shut them up. That's the reality of it.


    BUT THEY DIDN'T SHUT THESE GUYS UP:

    ________________________________________
    By the way, because they are tolerant grown-ups, Morelli and Eaton are not offended. They did however mischaracterize what Robertson said.
    ________________________________________


    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...ce-for-man-ass
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-21-2013 at 07:18 AM.




  3. #18

    Re: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You said it yourself. They had clauses in their contracts prohibiting this type of talk so A&E had the proper protections in place, showing they saw the potential of something like this occurring.

    But I doubt anyone at A&E thought these guys would ever be in the position to discuss the pro and cons of gay marriage. It's a dumb show about duck calls. No way A&E knew it would become popular to the point they'd ever start discussing world affairs.
    Equal Opportunity Employment does not protect Independent Contractors. Otherwise he "MAY" have a case. IF he were a direct employee of A&E, I think it is safe to say that he was canned for his religious beliefs, despite the company using the language that he was suspended for "his opinion". His opinion was very non-confrontational and inoffensive, beyond his relating his religious beliefs. The worst thing he said was that it was a sin, and that he didn't understand it, But he went further to say that it's not his place to judge, but the lord's only, but that he is commanded to love the sinner just the same.
    I think A&E very clearly showed that they are the intolerant ones here, as is often the case with Liberals.

    It appears HR, that you don't watch the show. It's not really about duck calls, per se... well, it obviously is, but its more a statement about family values in a christian family in the bayou. Much more of the show is related to the grandparents watching the grandchildren, and every episode ends with a family meal. Their faith is worn plainly on their sleeve. Being anti-organized religion, I don't find their portrayal of faith to be in any way offensive. They truly appear to be welcoming, salt of the earth individuals that I think I would enjoy greatly spending time with.




  4. #19

    Re: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post

    As to why the duck show is popular, there's millions of right wing Christians that watch it, 2d Amendment types and an older crowd from middle age on up. It's AEs highest rated show and the Christians are supporting him.
    Which is why I also think that A&E made a monumentally STUPID move here...
    A&E's target market for this show almost certainly falls in line with Phil's comments, yet they pander to an extremely small minority group that almost certainly had no interest in the show to begin with.
    I like the show, but don't normally rush off to see it, if it's on, I'll watch it, but maybe not anymore. I like Shipping Wars a bit better, but I can live without watching that as well.
    Had he made truly disparaging comments, I wouldn't even consider joining the boycott, but he made mostly harmless inoffensive comments. The fact that GLAAD calls the comments Vile and evil makes me laugh. If you ask a GLAAD member even he understands a man's desire for Vagina you would almost certainly get a mirror image comment.

    A&E, GLAAD and liberals on this issue are proving that they are only tolerant of people with whom share their views, and they will push whatever button they can until everyone agrees with them, pathetic really.




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty

    Hi jon and thanks.

    BTW, I mentioned that hate piece just to show that bad things are covered by the 1st amendment and the duck guy
    doesn't come under that.

    Other bad things like pornography are also covered by the 1st amendment like the case of the People vs Larry Flint. His entire defense was based on the 1st amendment and he won and is still with us. The case was so big they even made a movie about it starring Woody Harrelson. HEF was also arrested and charged with sending porno thru the mails and he also won with a hung jury. The gov't didnt retry it. It too was based on the 1st amendment.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-21-2013 at 11:14 PM.




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    1,259

    Re: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty

    I love the way that people love to lump all liberals or all conservatives together as if we aren't all individuals...

    I'm extremely liberal and I don't find what he said offensive because he can believe whatever he wants. I think he's an idiot, but I don't watch the show anyway so it's not going to "stop" me from watching the show.

    I find his incapability to understand homosexuality pretty funny actually. The whole notion of "why would you like butthole when the vagina is right there" is pretty idiotic. Personally, I like women because I'm attracted to women, not vaginas. I don't have a hard time being attracted to a woman if I can't see her vagina. If I was attracted to men, it wouldn't be because I was attracted to butthole either. But I have a feeling if one is attracted to men and inspected their anatomy, including the butthole of course, 99%of the time you ain't gonna find a vagina "right there."

    Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty

    I found one last night at the Christmas Party. i didn't even have to see it. She walked up to me and rubbed it vs me. You never forget that warm tingling feeling and that was with her clothes on. Got her back to my place, took her pants off and saw it and looked up at her and said, the duck guy was right. It's right where it's supposed to be. She yelled, just stick it in there damn it.






  8. #23

    Re: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    I love the way that people love to lump all liberals or all conservatives together as if we aren't all individuals...

    I'm extremely liberal and I don't find what he said offensive because he can believe whatever he wants. I think he's an idiot, but I don't watch the show anyway so it's not going to "stop" me from watching the show.

    I find his incapability to understand homosexuality pretty funny actually. The whole notion of "why would you like butthole when the vagina is right there" is pretty idiotic. Personally, I like women because I'm attracted to women, not vaginas. I don't have a hard time being attracted to a woman if I can't see her vagina. If I was attracted to men, it wouldn't be because I was attracted to butthole either. But I have a feeling if one is attracted to men and inspected their anatomy, including the butthole of course, 99%of the time you ain't gonna find a vagina "right there."

    Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
    If you are talking about me lumping all liberals together, I did say liberals on this issue...
    But your point remains correct.
    I also think you are taking Phil's comments a bit too literally.
    He could have been less crass and said that he didn't understand why a man could see another human with a beard attractive...
    In very much the same way, I would imagine that most Gay men would not understand what straight men see as attractive about females and their anatomy.

    I really don't see what he said as being all that offensive. He gave his opinion, much of which is backed by his faith. If one is homosexual, I'm sure they are quite aware that the Christian faith considers them sinners, and by extension should assume a bayou billionaire that wears his bible on the sleeve to feel that way. He didn't make hateful comments about it being gross, or disgusting, or make any mention of wanting to be violent towards them, or even not wanting them around. Simply that they will be judged by their maker, but he will love them as commanded until then.




  9. #24

    Re: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Nothing in that hate speech screed you just posted has anything to do with A&E's decision to temporarily suspend him from their television program.
    Liberals are trying to define what Robertson said as hate speech. GLAAD is even trying to indoctrinate Robertson.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,496

    Re: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Equal Opportunity Employment does not protect Independent Contractors. Otherwise he "MAY" have a case.
    That's not accurate.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    IF he were a direct employee of A&E, I think it is safe to say that he was canned for his religious beliefs, despite the company using the language that he was suspended for "his opinion".
    Bigotry wrapped in "religious belief" is still bigotry. So were the Dixiecrats of the 50's and 60's simply displaying their religious beliefs when they used the Bible as a reason to promote segregation (i.e. mongrel races) or speak out against interracial marriage? Because that was precisely the same argument and they used the exact same Bible verses that people like Uncle Phil used.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I think A&E very clearly showed that they are the intolerant ones here, as is often the case with Liberals.
    Totally odd statement. So A&E is simply a collection of Liberals? Care to back that up? Because when I look at their show lineup, I see a lot of shows that cater to anyone but Liberals.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It appears HR, that you don't watch the show. It's not really about duck calls, per se... well, it obviously is, but its more a statement about family values in a christian family in the bayou. Much more of the show is related to the grandparents watching the grandchildren, and every episode ends with a family meal. Their faith is worn plainly on their sleeve. Being anti-organized religion, I don't find their portrayal of faith to be in any way offensive. They truly appear to be welcoming, salt of the earth individuals that I think I would enjoy greatly spending time with.
    "Salt of the Earth" individuals can be bigots too, as the case with the Robertson clan.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #26

    Re: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty

    Houston, have you even seen the entire interview?

    After the way GLAAD went after him, Phil is coming out of this one of the most popular figures in America exactly because he DIDN'T act like a bigot. GLAAD did.

    bigoted: having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others.

    Phil was asked what he thought was sinful. That's when he said sexual immorality. He also pointed out that it was God's job to judge sinners, not his.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268

    Re: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty

    If I were to make comments of a political or religious nature at work, and doing so reflected on my boss in a way he didn't appreciate, I would be fired.

    So would any of you.

    Why again does Phil deserve treatment any different?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,496

    Re: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Houston, have you even seen the entire interview?

    After the way GLAAD went after him, Phil is coming out of this one of the most popular figures in America exactly because he DIDN'T act like a bigot. GLAAD did.

    bigoted: having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others.

    Phil was asked what he thought was sinful. That's when he said sexual immorality. He also pointed out that it was God's job to judge sinners, not his.
    I've read the transcripts of this interview AND other public comments he's made about gay people in general.

    It's just as you defined it, bigotry, and it's wrapped in the false front of "religious beliefs".

    If you change the object of his words and say black people or hispanics etc., it's evident. But when it's gay people, it's somehow ok? That's the height of hypocrisy.

    He's certainly entitled to his opinion and I will support to the death his right to say what he feels. But nobody is immune to the consequences or the criticism of of his opinion.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,496

    Re: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    If I were to make comments of a political or religious nature at work, and doing so reflected on my boss in a way he didn't appreciate, I would be fired.

    So would any of you.

    Why again does Phil deserve treatment any different?
    Because his religion says so. Apparently.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  15. #30

    Re: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I've read the transcripts of this interview AND other public comments he's made about gay people in general.

    It's just as you defined it, bigotry, and it's wrapped in the false front of "religious beliefs".

    If you change the object of his words and say black people or hispanics etc., it's evident. But when it's gay people, it's somehow ok? That's the height of hypocrisy.

    He's certainly entitled to his opinion and I will support to the death his right to say what he feels. But nobody is immune to the consequences or the criticism of of his opinion.

    Show me where Phil was intolerant of others. He said it's a sin, which is his opinion, and also that he didn't understand the attraction, which is also his opinion. He then said he loves everybody and it's not for him to judge. He never said they shouldn't be allowed to do what they want, which is a far cry from what GLAAD said.

    As for him being free of consequences, you'll never hear an argument from me about that. A person is responsible for their actions. I just don't see where what he said can be considered bigoted. Wrong, sure. But not bigoted.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland