Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Should we be looking RB in this draft?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    ... Ok, I'd like him as a 5th rounder...
    We traded our 4th and 5th round picks for Eugene Monroe. Of course we may have a comp pick in those rounds, but our "normal" choices are gone... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    We traded our 4th and 5th round picks for Eugene Monroe. Of course we may have a comp pick in those rounds, but our "normal" choices are gone... Bc
    We will most likely get a conditional pick in that rd.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Good post. I definitely agree; RB is a need, and preferably a shifty Darren Sproles type of guy who can be a threat in the passing game. Ka'Deem Carey is definitely a good player, although taking a RB in the 3rd might make me a little squeamish, what with all of our other needs.

Another guy to look at is Dri Archer. 5'8, about 180lbs, runs the 40 in the mid 4.2's. Absurdly fast, the guy is basically Tavon Austin playing for a worse team. You talk about guys having a 2nd gear... this guy has a THIRD gear. He's so fast to the hole, but he hits 2nd gear in the open field, and then he's got ANOTHER burst of speed to separate from the 2nd level. Pretty crazy. I would grab him in the 5th round if we have a compensatory pick there... check this video out.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I like the idea of Dri Archer as a mid round pick.

Again though, I just feel like the Ravens (right now) don't have a damn clue on how to use someone like Archer.
    I love Dri Archer although I think he will be overdrafted and like wicked said, I doubt we'd use him properly.

He looks like Darren Sproles.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

We should, but not sure if the evaluations would lead to us drafting one. Not a great RB draft in terms of quality or depth. (Next year will be absolutely stacked, though).

I like De'Anthony Thomas in mid-late rounds. He can add a dimension to the return game if we part with Jacoby and excels as a receiver.

Carey, Seastrunk, and Williams would all be solid 3rd round picks, but I kind of doubt the FO will go the RB route that early, unless Pierce is traded.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    We should, but not sure if the evaluations would lead to us drafting one. Not a great RB draft in terms of quality or depth. (Next year will be absolutely stacked, though).

I like De'Anthony Thomas in mid-late rounds. He can add a dimension to the return game if we part with Jacoby and excels as a receiver.

Carey, Seastrunk, and Williams would all be solid 3rd round picks, but I kind of doubt the FO will go the RB route that early, unless Pierce is traded.
    I could see Seastrunk going in the 2nd round.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I could see Seastrunk going in the 2nd round.
    Agreed, but given the other team needs and how this draft's depth falls out, I don't think he'd be a good 2nd rounder for the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Oh, I don't either. I could just see a team like Jacksonville or Miami looking hard at him in the 2nd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

How about in the 3rd? I think folk are somewhat forgetting about our miserable run game this year, its a real serious issue that needs to be fixed. If our run game was half decent, the passing game would look a lot better. The running game needs more work than the passing game IMO, hence why we should invest in the Oline, but I think a new explosive back in a committee type approach with Rice and Pierce is in order next season. Rice is essentially going the way of Ahmed Bradshaw, and Pierce hasn't looked good at all tbh. If a back like Seastunk falls to the 3rd, I'd take him any day over a more pressing need. The reality is, if you take a 3rd rd WR, or OT, there is probably around a 80 % chance he wont be starting in his rookie year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post

Thomas is going higher than that...he's going to be overdrafted because he's going to destroy the combine workouts.

Some teams are going to fall in love with him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Marion Grice is a nice back to look at in round...4.

Given that there will be a few good running backs in the mid to late rounds I see no reason to target one in day 2 of the draft.

Blog Entries

The kid from Boston College might be a possibility as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk