Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: The OFFICIAL Ravens - Patriots Game Prediction Thread

I think we can win this game. We are at home and possibly hitting that late regular season stride. I really hope that the officials keep a watchful eye on the Patriots. No cheap shots on Joe if you get my meaning. I say we win 24-21. Late field goal by Justin Tucker (yeah I know that's easy to call).
    "Old Man my Ass!" - John Malkovich

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Of their final three scheduled games (all against 1st place teams), this one scares me the most. Bellicek and Brady are looking for a measure of revenge, they seldom lose consecutive games, and the Ravens were shut out of the endzone in Detroit (against a dubious defense). We cannot possibly expect a similar game on Sunday (winning exclusively on FGs); the Patriots offense will not "throw up on themselves" (per Trent Dilfer) as the Lions did. And Brady does not have to avoid Ed Reed's side of the field anymore.

On the other hand, even in meetings the Patriots have won, Brady has struggled (will Reed's absence change that?). The Ravens own a 2-1 edge in elimination (playoff) games. And is it likely that the Ravens, certainly 'on a roll' emotionally, would see their realistic playoff hopes end at home?

The bottom line (as it was in Detroit): The Patriots can afford to lose this game, the Ravens cannot.

NE 17
    BAL 19

P.S. Flacco wearing a knee brace for the first time is a big concern. As in Chicago, the Ravens running game must 'step up' big time.
    Just wanted to respond to the "Dubious Defense" of Detroit comment... We often got into the red zone against them, and we have scored all but two of our offensive TDs this year from inside the red zone, so we have been a red zone or nothing team this year when it comes to TDs, and Detroit is most certainly not dubious at defending the end zone from the red zone... They actually are the #1 Red Zone Defense in the NFL this year.

Big game that's going to see some unsual weather for this time of the year. They are calling for temps in the mid sixties, 30% chance of rain and winds up to 16 mph.

Much is being made about all the key players the Pats have lost yet they've still won 10 games.

Until I read an article on BR.com I hadn't realized or appreciated how well our OL has been playing. Only 5 sacks yielded in the last 3 games. That's awesome when you consider their struggles in pass protection prior to that. I would like this Sunday to be one that rediscover's the run game. Slowly but surely we are starting to see a few more holes open up. I think it's only a matter of time before our run game bust loose.

Blog Entries

For those of you worried about Flacco wearing a knee brace, just be happy that Tucker isn't... Bc

Blog Entries

Ravens 19
    Patriots 17

I think the Ravens win in a close game. The Ravens seem to play to the level of their competition, which means that almost every game is close no matter who the opponent is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think the Ravens win in a close game. The Ravens seem to play to the level of their competition, which means that almost every game is close no matter who the opponent is.
    This.

16-13 Baltimore

Two first and goal situations turn into FGs.

I can't make any predictions.

I will say last night I dreamt that the Ravens lost in heartbreaking fashion, with Joe throwing a massive Hail Mary as time expired just out of the hands of Jacoby.

But my dreams mean little. Last year before the AFC Championship I dreamt the Ravens won it on a safety.

Don Banks (Sports Illustrated) pix us 24-23.

"They're doing it again, those plucky, resilient Ravens. I'm not sure why any of us ever count them out of the playoff picture, because all they do is make us look like lemmings every time we disbelieve. Baltimore is playing its best ball of the season right now, and it's one of the few teams that to a degree seem to have New England's number. This will be the fourth meeting between the Patriots and Ravens since January 2012, with Baltimore winning the last two games and coming a Lee Evans reception away from taking all three."

R*E*S*P*E*C*T!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...timore-ravens/
    Baltimore Ravens, 2012 NFL Champions!

Blog Entries

Here's a sure prediction :
    I will knock off 1/2 bottle of Jack Daniels during the 2nd half, as I usually do during Ravens nail-biting, heart-pounding, profuse sweating games... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    Don Banks (Sports Illustrated) pix us 24-23.

"They're doing it again, those plucky, resilient Ravens. I'm not sure why any of us ever count them out of the playoff picture, because all they do is make us look like lemmings every time we disbelieve. Baltimore is playing its best ball of the season right now, and it's one of the few teams that to a degree seem to have New England's number. This will be the fourth meeting between the Patriots and Ravens since January 2012, with Baltimore winning the last two games and coming a Lee Evans reception away from taking all three."

R*E*S*P*E*C*T!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...timore-ravens/
    Nice!
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Several things concern me about this game, the first of which, Flacco is not going to be 100%. In addition, the Pats rarely lose consecutive games (although they did last year and we beat them in a similar scenario) and we rarely function well in the role of the favorite.

Blog Entries

I think the only real advantage for Baltimore this game is they're at M&T.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think the only real advantage for Baltimore this game is they're at M&T.
    Are you sure about that? I think we match up really well with offenses like this, you can rarely pick apart this defense at the bank by dink and dunking them. I think this is a very favorable match up for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Several things concern me about this game, the first of which, Flacco is not going to be 100%. In addition, the Pats rarely lose consecutive games (although they did last year and we beat them in a similar scenario) and we rarely function well in the role of the favorite.
    I heard a stat that mentioned the Pats have not lost back to back games in December in 11 years. Wow.
    Either way the Pats will be a tough out even at the bank.