Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Rooting for the Ravens is like losing your wallet and then finding it...EVERY WEEK!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    I did that this past Monday night for the Lions game and now I hate myself for it. I can't miss another Ravens game; win or lose. I don't even feel comfortable celebrating the wins if I don't watch them in real time.

Gotta take the bitter with the sweet!
    We are honestly such a lucky fanbase.

I work with a variety of people who are fans of various teams (Eagles, Redskins, Chiefs, Jets) and all of them are jealous of what is going on in Baltimore.

This year...like every year...has been a journey. Each week is it's own story and the last couple of weeks have been heartstopping amazing cinema.

What a ride...

Blog Entries

Re: Rooting for the Ravens is like losing your wallet and then finding it...EVERY WEEK!

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    For me, it's kind of like watching an Indiana Jones movie, and never being sure if Indy is going to get the treasure, or a poison dart in the neck.
    In other words, it's nothing like an Indiana Jones movie at all. Since those movies do everything they possibly can to remove any trace of suspense or actual danger whatsoever, since dozens of guys routinely shoot machine guns from 20 feet and miss every shot. And Indiana Jones always has time to make quirky little one-liners or retrieve his hat while he's supposedly about to "die." Or he can climb in a refrigerator to juke out a nuclear bomb.

Death is an absurdist concept in those movies.

EDIT: Egg on my face. I just remembered that in the movie, Spielberg zoomed in on the title "LED" as he climbed into the fridge. As you know, led blocks gamma rays. So he would have actually been totally completely safe and wouldn't have broken every bone in his body or anything like that, or been incinerated regardless since gamma rays only make up one lethal aspect of nuclear warheads. So yes, Indiana would get to spend a cutesy moment with an awful CGI squirrel.

Blog Entries

Thank God I'm young and healthy. I did, however, feel compelled to call my old man Monday night after the game to make sure he was still alive.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

After the 10th game,I decided that if they win,it would be like christmas. You know,an unexpected gift. Really thought they would maybe win 2 or 3 games at most and be happy for that.A rebuilding year after losing 8 players,but still the SB champion. It's been crazy and fans are loving it. Shame Flacco took that hit, but his toughness is a factor that makes him a top 5 QB. Didn't surprise me about the hit, detroit players have that history on defense. Yea,it was an uneccessary hit,no way geno pushes him that far, hell ,geno has very little push going forward. Next game will tell how the Ravens finish, win and they go to cincinati in control. Flacco normaly does well in those type of games. If defense holds their own,watch out.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

JBK-
    Point well-taken! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Thank God I'm young and healthy. I did, however, feel compelled to call my old man Monday night after the game to make sure he was still alive.
    For the last couple of weeks, I have called my old man as well after these games and his speech is noticeably slurred with F-bombs used sporadically in between each sentence.

This football team does this to us.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    After the 10th game,I decided that if they win,it would be like christmas. You know,an unexpected gift. Really thought they would maybe win 2 or 3 games at most and be happy for that.A rebuilding year after losing 8 players,but still the SB champion. It's been crazy and fans are loving it.
    That's exactly how I feel. I keep thinking we are about done, and I'm relatively okay with it since we did just win the SB. But then they keep on making stuff happen, refusing to die. This whole season is lagniappe.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    ... I keep thinking we are about done, and I'm relatively okay with it since we did just win the SB. But then they keep on making stuff happen, refusing to die. This whole season is lagniappe.
    LOL at the "lagniappe"...ya know Tucker's kick is like a microcosm of the Ravens season. Every time you think we're dead, someone says, "Don't sign that death certificate yet."
    ... Bc