Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: Lions Forum: What a disgruntled fan base...

Fanatic-
    Just by coincidence, I'm sitting here looking at pro-football-reference.com to see what the contiguous run of playoff appearances is (in seasons) for each team. This source actually shows the Lions at 0-10 since 1958 - lost div in 1970 and '83; lost conf in '91; lost WC in 1982, '93, '94, '95, '97, '99 and 2011. Note: this isn't nfl.com data, so it could be missing some appearances, I'll defer to more knowledgeable sources.

Blog Entries

My 10 year old son is a Lions fan. It's been in the 20s here for a couple of weeks and we've been wearing a lot of layers. He realized that he was wearing the Ravens 2012 Super Bowl Champions t-shirt under his Lions sweatshirt yesterday. This morning he think he jinxed the Lions and won't be wearing that shirt anytime soon.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

GOTA- Ya do yer best to raise the young uns right! ;) Maybe he'll see the "Ravens light" eventually! ;)

Blog Entries

If the Lions and Browns played in a Super Bowl (this is a fantasy post) they would play to a tie after 20 OTs because all players were exhausted and all fans had left the stadium... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    GOTA- Ya do yer best to raise the young uns right! ;) Maybe he'll see the "Ravens light" eventually! ;)
    I'll keep trying but honestly I'm just happy that he's a fan of the game. My 7 year old daughter is obsessed with the Saints and my 3 year old keeps talking about the Giants and Bears. He gets upset when any other team plays. I've had NFL Sunday Ticket since before they were born. It really changed how they'll grow up as sports fans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    My 10 year old son is a Lions fan. It's been in the 20s here for a couple of weeks and we've been wearing a lot of layers. He realized that he was wearing the Ravens 2012 Super Bowl Champions t-shirt under his Lions sweatshirt yesterday. This morning he think he jinxed the Lions and won't be wearing that shirt anytime soon.
    With all due respect, where were you when he was growing up. My brother has lived in Philly for past 27 years and all his kids are Ravens and Os fans. They grew up watching those teams with their dad and two are away at college including Penn State and his son posts Ravens stuff on face book.

BTW, their mom grew up in Philly and her entire family is Eagles and Phillies fans but the kids went with their Dad's teams.

Blog Entries

Stafford = Romo.
    Schwartz = Garrett

It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    If the Lions and Browns played in a Super Bowl (this is a fantasy post) they would play to a tie after 20 OTs because all players were exhausted and all fans had left the stadium... Bc
    Of course the next day the headlines would all be about the flying pigs, the unicorns, and frost warnings in Hell.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

I mean, you could just see it in the faces of the fans. It seemed like everytime they tried to get riled up, the Lions made mistakes that just put them back in their seats.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I was reading some Detroit-based tweets during the 4th quarter and the perspective they have is markedly different than the one Raven fans have. For example, there were multiple tweets commenting on the dumb coaching by Schwartz, and how the Ravens had a real coach who knew what he was doing and the reason the Ravens would eventually win the game is because Harbaugh was a smart strategist and game manager. I sort of chuckled because of the bashing Harbaugh gets in this board so often.

I do actually feel sorry for their fans in a sense. That is a good damn football team there and we needed last second heroics to win it. Stafford is good and young, Megatron still has good years left even though he is "old" and their defense is very good IMO. Detroit fans have nothing to be ashamed of, their team went to the wire with the defending Super Bowl Champs. We (NFL fans) haven't seen the last of these cats IMO.

Disgruntled is an understatement. Could you hear the boos reigning in after the game on he TV? I was really surprised: tough game against the Super Bowl Champs, and those idiots were booing their own team.

I talked to a couple Lions fans at the airport today about he booing, and got the impression that they were had major frustration with the franchise packed with weapons (Bus, Johnson, Suh etc) but may miss payoffs again in a soft division.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).