Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: ESPN shows highlights of PI, uses last SF play of SB

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Fucking HOF post!
    Agreed. Well put together post Igots.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

One of the benefits of watching the game at the water hole with your pals is you can't hear the sound. :)

Blog Entries

This ESPN montage was blatant. This is something you would see only on a fan website. What are they suggesting with that, that the Ravens organization is paying off the referees to win games? All teams are the recipients of bad calls, you either highlight all or none. They devalue their own product with this kind of amateurish reporting.

My issue is his. Surely they had to have this montage pre prepared and at the ready to go, as if to diss the ravens by saying we shouldn't have the record we have? They couldn't just have scrapped that together after the pi incident, there wasn't enough time.

They IMO, were going to show that clip in some way shape or form from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    My issue is his. Surely they had to have this montage pre prepared and at the ready to go, as if to diss the ravens by saying we shouldn't have the record we have? They couldn't just have scrapped that together after the pi incident, there wasn't enough time.

They IMO, were going to show that clip in some way shape or form from the get go.
    Yes, this. It was in meetings and in the broadcast rundown, I can almost promise you that (last season, I might have been able to get a copy of the show rundown, if I called a buddy of mine soon enough. But, now he's quit ESPN and works for TNT).

Neither Gruden nor Tirico just launched into any tirade - they were cued to launch by a voice in an ear piece that "we're going straight from replay (of the Webb non-call) into the Ravens' PI package, guys", and Tirico knows to talk the replay of the current play into the prepared package. It's the MNF producers, IMO, more so than Gruden, that I'm narrowing my eyes at.

Also other than the Webb play from last night the other two examples weren't even pass interference. You are allowed to face guard Graham didn't touch Sanders until the ball got there, and Crabtree ran into Smith, not the other way around in the SB?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post
    Did they make a big deal when Flacco took a helmet to the knee for no call? nope.
    What's interesting is that no flag was a big topic all day on SiriusXM NFL Radio. The general consensus was that it wasn't intentional and shouldn't have been flagged and that Joe Flacco is one tough dude shrugging a hit like that off.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What's interesting is that no flag was a big topic all day on SiriusXM NFL Radio. The general consensus was that it wasn't intentional and shouldn't have been flagged and that Joe Flacco is one tough dude shrugging a hit like that off.
    And usually those dudes are pretty fair and balanced from when I have listened in. Interesting.

Either way he is on tough SOB!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What does intent have to do with it? I am sure that when Suggs tried to bat down Kerry Collins' pass in 2008, he didn't intentionally mean to hit is head (which in that case was his shoulder), nor did he intend to hit Brady below the knee (which in that case was a brush to his thigh) in 2009. A foul is a foul.

While I am ranting...I was listening to the 105.7 show this morning, and they again repeated the "no-call" on the "foul" at the end of the Pittsburgh game. Why do they keep including this play when no contact was made?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    What does intent have to do with it? I am sure that when Suggs tried to bat down Kerry Collins' pass in 2008, he didn't intentionally mean to hit is head (which in that case was his shoulder), nor did he intend to hit Brady below the knee (which in that case was a brush to his thigh) in 2009. A foul is a foul.

While I am ranting...I was listening to the 105.7 show this morning, and they again repeated the "no-call" on the "foul" at the end of the Pittsburgh game. Why do they keep including this play when no contact was made?
    There's yer problem right there.....;)
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

By only showing the Ravens, your average Joe schmo MNF watcher comes away with the impression that the Ravens are where they are because of fortunate bad calls that went our way. It is like a police line up that makes the criminal abundantly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    There's yer problem right there.....;)
    I hear ya...unfortunately, I am in a carpool and the driver "has the con" on the radio.