Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: ESPN shows highlights of PI, uses last SF play of SB

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's a sign of the overall state of officiating, which was a narrative ESPN was discussing all evening. And rightfully so.
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37
    Just admit it. There is no other reason that they'd only focus on the Ravens instead of all the league.
    Umm... we were one of 2 teams on the night's broadcast, and we had just "gotten away with" a PI [non]call?

PS: We WON!!

I just expect more from the league on this. There's no reason to have this kind of inconsistency. None.

It's not just us, it's all over the league. We just happened to get more calls go our way (or should I say, more important calls) the last few weeks or so.
    IMO this is what the league wants, they want more weekends like this past with the most points scored ever in a week, and you get it with the refs throwing flags on the D for everything and anything.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco

uhh, yeah they did. Both of them said that should have been a penalty.
    IMHO they glossed over that pretty quickly for how important that was to the outcome of the game. And that 'break' sure did not go our way.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    So, the Ravens were the only team playing last night? Makes perfect sense now
    This fallacy assumes the Lions have been involved in the same kind of questionable calls.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post
    IMHO they glossed over that pretty quickly for how important that was to the outcome of the game.
    So they should stop game play so the talking heads can give equal *outrage* time?

And that 'break' sure did not go our way.
    Exactly. Which gives credence to their overall narrative that officiating has been inconsistent all year.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

I demand an investigation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

uhh, yeah they did. Both of them said that should have been a penalty.
    No they didn't.

Gruden's never said that. He was silent.

The other guy in the booth said it several times. It was clear he was trying to get Gruden's to admit it, but Gruden refused to.

Then they later tried to say some utter crock about him being pushed into him.

Oh, and they weren't screaming and rag rahing about it.

If you can't identify the difference then you are being incredibly intellectually dishonest.

IMHO they glossed over that pretty quickly for how important that was to the outcome of the game. And that 'break' sure did not go our way.
    Agreed. You didn't see them bring that ex official on screen to talk about whether that should have been called or not.

While I think a lot of the posters are taking way too much personal offense, ESPN could have also showed penalties/non-calls that worked against the Ravens as well. THAT would have made a better case for a discussion of the state of officiating in the NFL. Which we all agree is absolutely terrible this year.

IMHO they glossed over that pretty quickly for how important that was to the outcome of the game.
    So they should stop game play so the talking heads can give equal *outrage* time?

-----

Huh??? They have time to talk about whatever they want. I don't get your logic I guess.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I demand an investigation!
    This is it...this thread is the official inquiry... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    Umm... we were one of 2 teams on the night's broadcast, and we had just "gotten away with" a PI [non]call?

PS: We WON!!
    But I thought ESPN's point was that PI has been called inconsistently throughout the league?

Isn't that what Gruden was supposed to be saying?

So wouldn't it make more sense to show plays from all different teams to make a statement about the NFL?

By just showing Ravens clips its pretty clear the narrative isn't officiating in the NFL. The narrative is about the Ravens getting help from the refs, clear as day.

Stop being intellectually dishonest.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    No they didn't.

Gruden's never said that. He was silent.

The other guy in the booth said it several times. It was clear he was trying to get Gruden's to admit it, but Gruden refused to.

Then they later tried to say some utter crock about him being pushed into him.

Oh, and they weren't screaming and rag rahing about it.

If you can't identify the difference then you are being incredibly intellectually dishonest.
    Exactly??? Not sure what point he is making.

Again, I am not conspiracy Ravens type of fan. What really pissed me off was the Super Bowl crap being brought up.

PI and non call was BS, i feel for the Lions because weve been on the shit end of those calls ourselves, but to single us out as a team thats getting calls is not a narrative to how officiating in general is shitty. Thats pointing to us as getting more than were not and thats not true. Every team, every week gets a few calls for or against them. If thats the story they want to push, dont show a Montage of the Ravens only.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    PI and non call was BS, i feel for the Lions because weve been on the shit end of those calls ourselves, but to single us out as a team thats getting calls is not a narrative to how officiating in general is shitty. Thats pointing to us as getting more than were not and thats not true. Every team, every week gets a few calls for or against them. If thats the story they want to push, dont show a Montage of the Ravens only.
    I agree, they had that montage ready and waiting to be shown too. And showing the Super Bowl?! That was last season!

Also, can someone explain to me how the Chykie Brown play at the end of the Steelers game was PI. HE NEVER EVEN TOUCHED SANDERS. The pass was perfect and Sanders dropped it. I guess that is the definition of PI for a lot of people in the modern NFL.