Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

"I was going to lead a game-winning drive

But then I took a helmet to the knee.

Oh wait, I'm Joe Flacco. I led the game-winning drive anyways."

EDIT:

So, you guys have never played Skyrim?

That's a shame. It's a masterpiece of a video game on the level of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, The Sun Also Rises, and the White Album.

Look up the meme "I took an arrow to the knee, skyrim" and you'll see what I mean.

This thread had more to do with a perfect excuse to use a 3 year old meme than it does with Joe Flacco.

But it doesn't desensitize anything. I saw that Flacco was still great all season long while lots of you guys for whatever reason thought he sucked because he couldn't put up big stats with a depleted offense and dysfunctional offensive system.

While lots of you guys were seeing Flacco put up bad stats I was seeing how amazing he has gotten at pocket presence and evading the rush. While you guys were seeing picks thrown into tight coverage, I was seeing a quarterback forced to force passes into tight coverage for the offense to ever pick up any yards at all. How else do the Ravens get yards? With a historically bad running game, receivers that rarely get seperation, and nobody getting hardly any YAC at all.

There are so many more examples.

Flacco has played a total of 5 games in his career with an offense in place to help him out remotely close to as much as Peyton and Brady's offenses have helped them out for 80% of their careers. In that 5 games stretch, 13 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.

But that offense completely disintegrated over the offseason. The offense system was complete dysfunction. There was no focus. For some reason, Flacco got most of the blame. Others saw Flacco as inconsistent, not realizing that this offense depends on him consistently making extraordinary plays to have even an above-average statistical game.

I remember over the first half of the season Flacco would get drilled by fans anytime he missed a throw, even though often these were 30 yard throws with about a 2 foot window, while he was about to get hit.

Oh, but Flacco was average all along. He regressed! Or something like that. No, you know who regressed? Harbaugh. He regressed from putting the ball in Flacco's hands in the second half at New England and watching Flacco completely take over that game, to phasing the focus of the team away from Flacco during the offseason.

But it all works out. This season of dysfunction, no matter how it ends, has been a great success and I believe raised Flacco's ceiling even higher. If they do win the Super Bowl, Flacco will likely have had the best season in NFL history.
    Last edited by PurpleApocalypse37; 12-17-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Re: "I was going to lead a game-winning drive

Dude, give it a bit of a rest. I'm a huge Flacco apologist, but your constant threads bigging him up are starting to severely desensitize your point and frankly lead you to not get taken seriously.

Joe had a very good game last night, and showed incredible toughness to stay out there and make big plays to get us in Tucker range, but we can all see that and it's been mentioned many times in the numerous threads since last night.

Joe does deserve some of the credit for getting them there - for getting Tucker close enough to kick it. It does qualify as a game winning drive whether you want to hear it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    Dude, give it a bit of a rest. I'm a huge Flacco apologist, but your constant threads bigging him up are starting to severely desensitize your point and frankly lead you to not get taken seriously.

Joe had a very good game last night, and showed incredible toughness to stay out there and make big plays to get us in Tucker range, but we can all see that and it's been mentioned many times in the numerous threads since last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post

By your logic, all PurpleApocalypse did was continue the trend of praising our tough QB. What's the big deal?

Starting to? He jumped the shark many moons ago. I don't discount his point nearly as much as many others do, but the man crush on joe is so over the top it isn't even comical anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Starting to? He jumped the shark many moons ago. I don't discount his point nearly as much as many others do, but the man crush on joe is so over the top it isn't even comical anymore.
    This.

I have no problem with Flacco getting praise, and he deserved it last night, but it seems like we get several threads started everytime he plays well from the same guy and it basically dilutes his point. And I'm a guy who agrees with him for the most part.

It's been mentioned numerous times in the various threads started since last night, I'm just not certain it required yet another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    Joe does deserve some of the credit for getting them there - for getting Tucker close enough to kick it. It does qualify as a game winning drive whether you want to hear it or not.
    My second paragraph clearly gives all due credit to Joe getting us in range, so not entirely sure where you get the idea I don't want to hear it...

iggyman555 Guest

ps37 is my hero

Blog Entries

So, you guys have never played Skyrim?

That's a shame. It's a masterpiece of a video game on the level of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, The Sun Also Rises, and the White Album.

Look up the meme "I took an arrow to the knee, skyrim" and you'll see what I mean.

This thread had more to do with a perfect excuse to use a 3 year old meme than it does with Joe Flacco.

But it doesn't desensitize anything. I saw that Flacco was still great all season long while lots of you guys for whatever reason thought he sucked because he couldn't put up big stats with a depleted offense and dysfunctional offensive system.

While lots of you guys were seeing Flacco put up bad stats I was seeing how amazing he has gotten at pocket presence and evading the rush. While you guys were seeing picks thrown into tight coverage, I was seeing a quarterback forced to force passes into tight coverage for the offense to ever pick up any yards at all. How else do the Ravens get yards? With a historically bad running game, receivers that rarely get seperation, and nobody getting hardly any YAC at all.

There are so many more examples.

Flacco has played a total of 5 games in his career with an offense in place to help him out remotely close to as much as Peyton and Brady's offenses have helped them out for 80% of their careers. In that 5 games stretch, 13 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.

But that offense completely disintegrated over the offseason. The offense system was complete dysfunction. There was no focus. For some reason, Flacco got most of the blame. Others saw Flacco as inconsistent, not realizing that this offense depends on him consistently making extraordinary plays to have even an above-average statistical game.

I remember over the first half of the season Flacco would get drilled by fans anytime he missed a throw, even though often these were 30 yard throws with about a 2 foot window, while he was about to get hit.

Oh, but Flacco was average all along. He regressed! Or something like that. No, you know who regressed? Harbaugh. He regressed from putting the ball in Flacco's hands in the second half at New England and watching Flacco completely take over that game, to phasing the focus of the team away from Flacco during the offseason.

But it all works out. This season of dysfunction, no matter how it ends, has been a great success and I believe raised Flacco's ceiling even higher. If they do win the Super Bowl, Flacco will likely have had the best season in NFL history.
    Last edited by PurpleApocalypse37; 12-17-2013 at 02:45 PM.

PA
    We get it. Flacco is a great QB and the best one we've had in our short history. But for some reason you feel the need to put him on a pedestal no other QB can reach.
    You even go so far as to starting a thread on a opposing QB to validate you're point given previous QB comparisons. It's overkill quite frankly but sometimes I do find it quite amusing. Carry on. LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    PA
    We get it. Flacco is a great QB and the best one we've had in our short history. But for some reason you feel the need to put him on a pedestal no other QB can reach.
    You even go so far as to starting a thread on a opposing QB to validate you're point given previous QB comparisons. It's overkill quite frankly but sometimes I do find it quite amusing. Carry on. LOL

That's because he is. He has the talent, potential, and focus to be the greatest to ever play.

I said it last year after Cam got canned. I predicted he'd throw 10+ touchdowns in the playoffs and win the Super Bowl, now with Cam no longer holding back.

If Flacco had a scheme and talent like he did last year in the playoffs, he'd have 50+ touchdowns right now and the Ravens would likely be undefeated. Unfortunately Harbaugh decided to do the complete opposite, deciding that 5 games with a modern NFL offensive system for Flacco had been enough. I think Harbaugh is starting to see the error of his ways, so hopefully he will put together a real offensive system and surrounding cast next season so you guys can see what I've seen all along.

But in the meantime, Flacco is playing with house money. Play the greatest season in NFL history and win another Super Bowl, or come up short.

Something tells me Flacco ain't coming up short.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    That's because he is. He has the talent, potential, and focus to be the greatest to ever play.

I said it last year after Cam got canned. I predicted he'd throw 10+ touchdowns in the playoffs and win the Super Bowl, now with Cam no longer holding back.

If Flacco had a scheme and talent like he did last year in the playoffs, he'd have 50+ touchdowns right now and the Ravens would likely be undefeated. Unfortunately Harbaugh decided to do the complete opposite, deciding that 5 games with a modern NFL offensive system for Flacco had been enough. I think Harbaugh is starting to see the error of his ways, so hopefully he will put together a real offensive system and surrounding cast next season so you guys can see what I've seen all along.

But in the meantime, Flacco is playing with house money. Play the greatest season in NFL history and win another Super Bowl, or come up short.

If he had the same talent as last year he still wouldn't be remotely close to 50 TDs and he would have 25INT's also. I'm fine with what they are doing right now. Look I have beat on Joe in the past but he's putting us in position to win. Hell I always say the PI call is our best play and it has been for the last 2 weeks. You gotta chuck it up in the air to get a PI call and we do and it works twice a game so why stop. I like it

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post

I honestly think Flacco can throw for 80 TDs in a season and complete 80% of his passes. That's how good he is. He's better than Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees combined