Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Torrey Smith has Sucked

Really, really bad the last few weeks.

He is in a huge funk. He needs to wake the hell up.

I could probably count on one hand the number of genuinely tough catches Torrey has made this season. He is utterly terrible at tracking the ball.

And the lack of effort he showed today was absolutely unacceptable.

I have no idea whether that Flacco pass to him down the sideline in the 4th quarter was possible to catch. But for him to just come to a halt at the ten yard line and watch the ball soar over his head is completely unacceptable.

Who does he think he is? Willie Mays or Ed Reed? Does he think he can look back and in a split second identify for a fact that the ball is completely uncatchable? Because he's proven time and time again that he is terrible at tracking the ball in the air. That's bullshit. He's got to sprint full speed and extend for the ball. If it's out of reach, that's life. But to just stop and not try is bush league.

When Flacco doesn't manage to land the ball right into his chest Torrey rarely catches it. He has regressed. Jacoby Jones is a better receiver at this point.

He needs to wake the hell up for the playoffs because the Ravens need his talents. He usually plays with so much determination. He needs to get back to playing like a Raven.

Re: Torrey Smith has Sucked

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post

I could probably count on one hand the number of genuinely tough catches Torrey has made this season. He is utterly terrible at tracking the ball.

I have no idea whether that Flacco pass to him down the sideline in the 4th quarter was possible to catch. But for him to just come to a halt at the ten yard line and watch the ball soar over his head is completely unacceptable.

Who does he think he is? Willie Mays or Ed Reed? Does he think he can look back and in a split second identify for a fact that the ball is completely uncatchable? Because he's proven time and time again that he is terrible at tracking the ball in the air. That's bullshit. He's got to sprint full speed and extend for the ball. If it's out of reach, that's life. But to just stop and not try is bush league.

When Flacco doesn't manage to land the ball right into his chest Torrey rarely catches it. He has regressed. Jacoby Jones is a better receiver at this point.

He needs to wake the hell up for the playoffs because the Ravens need his talents. He usually plays with so much determination. He needs to get back to playing like a Raven.
    I agree. We should cut him
    :grbac:

Playcalling....

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

It his route running too; do the Ravens know how to run different routes beside the long bomb passes???

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post

Time to pass what your smoking here.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

They are still running the ROUTES of CAM. They are not sharp. They roll them. Now Marlon Brown who was not part of CAM. Runs much harder, cuts in his routes.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

He's dropped a few balls the last few games and I did think the one deep ball earlier in the Lions game was catchable if he had tracked it better. It hit the ground right next to his back should, it just looked like he couldn't get his head around. To say he's sucked is pretty ridiculous though. He did break 1000 yards for the first time tonight.

Our offensive play calling is so unimaginative. I'm more concerned with Flacco's knee at the moment, every ball sailed on him after he got hit.

He does a Houdini act a little too often.

I like Torrey but i said this a few weeks ago.

Sucked seems a bit harsh, but he hasn't played well of late.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Sucked seems a bit harsh, but he hasn't played well of late.
    Well, to clarify, I mean he has sucked compared to what we all know he's capable of.

Jacoby 6rec for 80, Torrey 4 for 69, Marlon 4 for 31, Pitta 2 for 24, Dickson 3 for 10

Flacco likes to spread it around. He doesn't focus in on any receiver. Also, they missed on a lot of deep balls tonight.