Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Torrey Smith has Sucked

I wouldn't say he has sucked but it has been slightly disappointing. We can see why he was a second round pick... not a good route runner and somewhat questionable hands. He also has trouble releasing off jams. But lets not go overboard on the criticism, he has progressed from being a one trick pony, and is obviously working hard at his craft to become a great overall receiver. Hopefully he'll achieve this.

One thing, I've never seen Torrey run is a stop and go. This would be nice if he gets singled up.

2. Re: Torrey Smith has Sucked

I've been shitted on for saying that Torrey isn't a "true #1" wr but he just isn't. On the other hand, the coaches need to draw up more plays for him running more underneath routes instead of sending him deep like 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by PainServer52 View Post
    I've been shitted on for saying that Torrey isn't a "true #1" wr but he just isn't. On the other hand, the coaches need to draw up more plays for him running more underneath routes instead of sending him deep like 90% of the time.
    Marlon could end up being the #1.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Marlon could end up being the #1.
    I don't know if you listened to the 98 rock broadcast , I did & turned down the ESPN sound. Q was on the sidelines. He said twice late in the game that Brown was open deep if Flacco had a spilt sec longer to throw. Late in the game Joe was being blitzed it would have been nice to get Torry a slant or another underneath play. Marlon is a steal

Quote Originally Posted by PainServer52 View Post
    Wow. 4 catches for 69 yards tonight... two of them across the middle where he got popped pretty good for his efforts and he held on to the ball. Relax man, the Northern Neck kid's got skills; he'll be there in the playoffs and beyond.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I agree. We should cut him
    :grbac:

No, trade him to SF for Boldin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mac in Va View Post
    Wow. 4 catches for 69 yards tonight... two of them across the middle where he got popped pretty good for his efforts and he held on to the ball. Relax man, the Northern Neck kid's got skills; he'll be there in the playoffs and beyond.
    Ditto.

Even when he doesn't catch anything he makes things happen for the other receivers like JJ tonight. He still requires their best cover guys so somebody should get open and JJ did. Also Marlon on a 44 yarder from Joe.

In the SB he made Pitta's TD happen by going to the corner of the end zone with their 2 best guys covering. JJ was going in the other corner with their next 2 best guys covering and then there was Boldin with 2 guys covering so that left the middle wide open for Pitta.

Torrey makes things happen just being there.

Blog Entries

I absolutely love Torrey, by the way. He's in a funk. Hopefully he snaps out next week against New England.

He's not the most consistent of recievers, but does make some big plays. Like others have said, I'd like to see a bit more creativity drawn up to get him the ball quickly as he has terrific after the catch ability.

4 for 69's not too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Ditto.

Even when he doesn't catch anything he makes things happen for the other receivers like JJ tonight. He still requires their best cover guys so somebody should get open and JJ did. Also Marlon on a 44 yarder from Joe.

In the SB he made Pitta's TD happen by going to the corner of the end zone with their 2 best guys covering. JJ was going in the other corner with their next 2 best guys covering and then there was Boldin with 2 guys covering so that left the middle wide open for Pitta.

Torrey makes things happen just being there.
    I love Torrey as well. he's a stand up guy and he's becoming a quiet leader on the offense. I'd just like to see used more on passes that can use his speed more

Blog Entries

Smith is averaging 17.5 yards per catch which is very near the top pf the league for a receiver who has caught more than 50 balls. I think only Josh Gordon and Calvin Johnson have done better in that category. In most offenses that really big yards per catch guy is your 3rd receiver like Kenny Still with the Saints or Riley Cooper with the Eagles. The Ravens seem to use Torrey deep or not at all which is unusual for a #1. I'd like to see them mix it up a little more but we're going to have to wait for a different OC before that happens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Smith is averaging 17.5 yards per catch which is very near the top pf the league for a receiver who has caught more than 50 balls. I think only Josh Gordon and Calvin Johnson have done better in that category. In most offenses that really big yards per catch guy is your 3rd receiver like Kenny Still with the Saints or Riley Cooper with the Eagles. The Ravens seem to use Torrey deep or not at all which is unusual for a #1. I'd like to see them mix it up a little more but we're going to have to wait for a different OC before that happens.
    :word

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.