Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rooting for the Ravens is like losing your wallet and then finding it...EVERY WEEK!

If you have ever misplaced your wallet, you know what a stressful feeling that is. You turn everything upside down in your house to find it all the while getting more and more anxious and nervous with each passing second. It's a very stressful feeling to say the least! That is until you find it! What a relief that is, eh?

If anyone wants to know what it's like to be a fan of the Ravens in December and January, that sums it up perfectly IMO.

The Broncos playoff game in Jan aged me 5 years. The goal-line stand in the SB almost gave me a heart attack. The Minnesota game put me into a drunken stupor that I still havent recovered from and last week's Lions' game almost killed me.

Anxiety and Ravens football go hand in hand...and I love it! That is unless I never find my wallet.

Re: Rooting for the Ravens is like losing your wallet and then finding it...EVERY WEEK!

For me, it's kind of like watching an Indiana Jones movie, and never being sure if Indy is going to get the treasure, or a poison dart in the neck.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Re: Rooting for the Ravens is like losing your wallet and then finding it...EVERY WEEK!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    If you have ever misplaced your wallet, you know what a stressful feeling that is. You turn everything upside down in your house to find it all the while getting more and more anxious and nervous with each passing second. It's a very stressful feeling to say the least! That is until you find it! What a relief that is, eh?

If anyone wants to know what it's like to be a fan of the Ravens in December and January, that sums it up perfectly IMO.

The Broncos playoff game in Jan aged me 5 years. The goal-line stand in the SB almost gave me a heart attack. The Minnesota game put me into a drunken stupor that I still havent recovered from and last week's Lions' game almost killed me.

Anxiety and Ravens football go hand in hand...and I love it! That is unless I never find my wallet.
    Damn dude, I'm turning 56 next year and wish you had used a different analogy! It's getting better tho 'cause at least now I can't remeber what I lost anymore!

Certainly "enjoying the journey" this season.

Read somewhere that the 2013 Ravens are only one of 4 teams since the AFL/NFL merger to have 9 of their first 14 games decided by 3 pts. or less.

i have yet to recover from all the wild shit i did in the '70's so i am well prepared to be a Ravens Fan.

i find that screaming your brains out and getting everybody else around you to do the same relieves the tension nicely. ;)
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

...and it probably gets worse this weekend with the Pats coming to town. :grbac: The wife allowed me to open one of my gifts early; a hospital grade defibrillator... should come in handy.

Cool Re: Rooting for the Ravens is like losing your wallet and then finding it...EVERY WEEK!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac in Va View Post
    ...and it probably gets worse this weekend with the Pats coming to town. :grbac: The wife allowed me to open one of my gifts early; a hospital grade defibrillator... should come in handy.
    That's why I tape all Ravens games rather than watch them when they occur. I then ask my wife to check online to just tell me if I should watch the game (meaning they won) or not (meaning they lost). If she tells me not to watch, all I do is just erase the game so I do not go through all of the Hell of watching them lose. If she says to watch it, I do not know the final score is but I know that they won so I can enjoy the game without stress but am still in the dark as to what the final score will be.

Believe me, it keeps the blood pressure down that way. However, it leads to me seeing some games very late at night like the Lions game and the SB for example (imagine someone in a house in your neighborhood screaming at the top of their lungs around 3:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. in the morning). If in the future you hear something like that it is either: (1) someone being killed, (2) someone like me doing what I just described, or (3) me screaming so loud from North Carolina that you even heard me in Baltimore!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    That's why I tape all Ravens games rather than watch them when they occur. I then ask my wife to check online to just tell me if I should watch the game (meaning they won) or not (meaning they lost). If she tells me not to watch, all I do is just erase the game so I do not go through all of the Hell of watching them lose. If she says to watch it, I do not know the final score is but I know that they won so I can enjoy the game without stress but am still in the dark as to what the final score will be.

Believe me, it keeps the blood pressure down that way. However, it leads to me seeing some games very late at night like the Lions game and the SB for example (imagine someone in a house in your neighborhood screaming at the top of their lungs around 3:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. in the morning). If in the future you hear something like that it is either: (1) someone being killed, (2) someone like me doing what I just described, or (3) me screaming so loud from North Carolina that you even heard me in Baltimore!
    I did that this past Monday night for the Lions game and now I hate myself for it. I can't miss another Ravens game; win or lose. I don't even feel comfortable celebrating the wins if I don't watch them in real time.

Gotta take the bitter with the sweet!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Mac-
    I'm thinking the anti-Ravens conspiracy is not coming from the eague, but maybe from the nation's cardiologists! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Mac-
    I'm thinking the anti-Ravens conspiracy is not coming from the eague, but maybe from the nation's cardiologists! ;)
    Or the nation's distillers.

I'm already on BP medicine... I'm very confident my dr will be increasing the dosage after my next physical....