Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens control destiny to win the DIVISION

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I know what you mean, but I wouldn't put the Cowboys and Bengals in the same "blown opportunity" basket. The Bengals were down 24 - 0 in the 2nd qtr, so they really had a very slim chance of winning. OTOH the Cowboys were up 26 - 3 at the half. Now they really blew the game with the Packers, and hurt their playoff chances... Bc
    The Bengals went into that game with the Patriots losing. The Bengals had a shot at that #2 seed. You could even throw the Patriots into that group because they had an opportunity to move up with the Broncos losing on Thursday. I know the games are hard because every team short of the Texans have been showing up to play this past month. Good teams though find a way to win when they have to. The NFL doesn't seem to have too many good teams this year. The Seahawks might be the only one.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts....

There is only one game that matters right now, and that is tonight. Ravens can't look past it, can't look at division scenarios and seeding scenarios. Just focus on two teams - Ravens and Lions.

That's the Ravens and Lions job is to be concerned about tonight, our job is to look at all the other stuff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Bengals went into that game with the Patriots losing. The Bengals had a shot at that #2 seed. You could even throw the Patriots into that group because they had an opportunity to move up with the Broncos losing on Thursday. I know the games are hard because every team short of the Texans have been showing up to play this past month. Good teams though find a way to win when they have to. The NFL doesn't seem to have too many good teams this year. The Seahawks might be the only one.
    I know what you're trying to say, Gman...BTW if you saw the end of the 'Boys - Pack game they showed Dez going into the locker room before the game was officially over. Check these out :
    (1) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-game-is-over/

(2) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...re-game-ended/

... Bc

Blog Entries

I know what you're trying to say, Gman...BTW if you saw the end of the 'Boys - Pack game they showed Dez going into the locker room before the game was officially over. Check these out :

... Bc
    I think the league should fine players who do this. Immature and disrespectful. Unless you're going in to get an xray or have an injury looked at you should stay out there, congratulate the other team and win or lose with dignity IMO
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think the league should fine players who do this. Immature and disrespectful. Unless you're going in to get an xray or have an injury looked at you should stay out there, congratulate the other team and win or lose with dignity IMO
    I believe the Cowboys should levy a heavy fine to Dez for obvious reasons. BTW, does this spell the end of Jason Garrett as Dallas HC? For those who've complained about Harbaugh (I know that's another thread)... I feel the Ravens were lucky to have JG turn down our offer... Bc

I believe the Cowboys should levy a heavy fine to Dez for obvious reasons. BTW, does this spell the end of Jason Garrett as Dallas HC? For those who've complained about Harbaugh (I know that's another thread)... I feel the Ravens were lucky to have JG turn down our offer... Bc
    Bc, was wondering about Garrett's future myself. If they end up losing to Philly in the season finale, and thus get shut out of the playoffs, it might be curtains for him. Jerry Jones wouldn't think twice (or maybe not even once) about doing an about-face in spite of his apparent support for Garrett.

Blog Entries

... Bc
    I was watching it when it happened. You would think Dez never saw Romo throw a late game losing interception the way he acted

My point is before the game was played the Cowboys knew that a win would give them a huge edge in the division. It doesn't matter who you are playing. What matters is taking advantage of the opportunity that you are being given.

Everything has fallen into place for the Ravens. Now it's up to them to make it happen. The Dolphins and Bengals can only wish that they were in that situation.
    Last edited by GOTA; 12-16-2013 at 02:02 PM.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

If ever there was a time to bring back "Festivus", this is it. For those who don't remember, Festivus came about because Billick banned even using the word Playo**s in the the locker. There is so much that could happen that I don't feel confortable even mentionning the P word. We could still technically be ther #2 seed or we could finish 3rd in our division out of the playoffs entirely. There is still to much football to be played.

I hope we beat Detroit tonight. That is about as far ahead as I can think right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Bc, was wondering about Garrett's future myself. If they end up losing to Philly in the season finale, and thus get shut out of the playoffs, it might be curtains for him. Jerry Jones wouldn't think twice (or maybe not even once) about doing an about-face in spite of his apparent support for Garrett.
    Man, I agree. This was a devastating loss, especially at home. IMO if the 'Boys don't make the playoffs, and it sure looks like they won't, JJ will jettison Garrett... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    If they don't make the play-offs, and win at least a game he needs to absolutely lose his job. There's way too much talent out there in the NFL coordinators and NCAA head coach pool to give long tenures to coaches who can't even win play-off games. He's gone 8-8 for three seasons, and it looks like he's threatening to make it a fourth.

Blog Entries

Man, I agree. This was a devastating loss, especially at home. IMO if the 'Boys don't make the playoffs, and it sure looks like they won't, JJ will jettison Garrett... Bc
    WTF was Garrett thinking throwing the ball every play with a lead and clock to kill? I still can't believe how lucky we were when this chump turned the Ravens down on their job offer. Talk about dodging a bullet.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Beat Detroit. That is all that matters right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    WTF was Garrett thinking throwing the ball every play with a lead and clock to kill? I still can't believe how lucky we were when this chump turned the Ravens down on their job offer. Talk about dodging a bullet.
    they just don't know how to win a game. You throw to score you run to win
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

John Harbaugh, "If we win the next two games I'll control the universe!!! Well, the AFC North."
    ... Bc