Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens control destiny to win the DIVISION

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I have to think if the Ravens beat the Lions, then they win out.
    Wha ? So, are you saying that if the Ravens win Monday night, we will "automatically" beat the Patriots and Bengals? While I hope we do win out, I don't understand what your post actually means (?) ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Wha ? So, are you saying that if the Ravens win Monday night, we will "automatically" beat the Patriots and Bengals? While I hope we do win out, I don't understand what your post actually means (?) ... Bc
    He's saying that he thinks the Lions are better than the Patriots and Bengals. I agree.

There is no doubt the Ravens can beat the Lions, Patriots, and Bengals. The question is if they're up to the challenge. Since the Lions are the best of those three teams, it suggests that if the Ravens win they ARE up to the challenge.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    The hardest part of winning out is a few hours from now in Detroit. If they can do it, they should be able to win the next two games. They will very likely have to win out to make the playoffs, division title or not. Miami is probably not losing any more games.
    I got bad news for you buddy but the game is 19 hours from now, now a few!

Yes. We would have beat them twice. Surprised you dont know this. ..
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Still doesn't work.

We win out and we are tied with the Bengals, assuming they win out except for us.

Then it's down to scenarios. Do we hold a tie break over them?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Calvert View Post
    The lesser known thing is that if this result holds and both the Ravens and Dolphins win out the Bengals miss the playoffs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    How funny is that! But the Ravens needs a win in Detroit. If they do I have a feeling they are going to get a little nervous in Cinci.

The Lions game is for the season, too many other teams involved with playoff aspirations to expect to recover from a loss here. They know this and will need to be up for this game and the next 2, they have to play with a sense of urgency. We have yet to see a complete game all year yet they have managed to stay in contention. There's another level of play they need to find.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunday View Post
    Perhaps the OP meant that the Ravens control their destiny in the AFCN, and that, with help, they could host a playoff game.

BS
    Actually, we control our own destiny to win the division AND host a playoff game, with the possibility of a bye with NE losing out and us winning out, along with Indy dropping one along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Still doesn't work.

We win out and we are tied with the Bengals, assuming they win out except for us.

Then it's down to scenarios. Do we hold a tie break over them?
    Yes, it does work. We win out and we would have swept Cincy and thus hold the tiebreaker. Win out and the AFCN title, and a home playoff game, is ours.

We would only need help to get a first round bye.

Tonight's game in Detroit is, in my opinion, the hardest left. If we win this, I really like our chances. The Pats aren't that good, and Cincy doesn't scare me at this point.
    Last edited by Losac; 12-16-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    He's saying that he thinks the Lions are better than the Patriots and Bengals. I agree.

There is no doubt the Ravens can beat the Lions, Patriots, and Bengals. The question is if they're up to the challenge. Since the Lions are the best of those three teams, it suggests that if the Ravens win they ARE up to the challenge.
    Exactly. I think the Detroit game is by far the hardest of the three. If they win that, they will be energized and roll the Patriots, who look like a pretty weak team right now without Gronk. Their defense is pretty bad too.

The Bengals still haven't proven they can beat the Ravens or Steelers when it matters. I don't see that changing. I wouldn't also rule out the Bengals losing to Minny next week either.

Blog Entries

We saw a bunch of teams this weekend handed opportunities and then blow them when they played their games. The Ravens just better make sure they don't follow in the footsteps of the Cowboys and Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    We saw a bunch of teams this weekend handed opportunities and then blow them when they played their games. The Ravens just better make sure they don't follow in the footsteps of the Cowboys and Bengals.
    We'll see...but playing Detroit in Detroit on MNF is a far harder "opportunity" than those faced by the Bengals and Cowboys.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I know what you mean, but I wouldn't put the Cowboys and Bengals in the same "blown opportunity" basket. The Bengals were down 24 - 0 in the 2nd qtr, so they really had a very slim chance of winning. OTOH the Cowboys were up 26 - 3 at the half. Now they really blew the game with the Packers, and hurt their playoff chances... Bc