Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Brady

Re: Vintage Brady

Brady is arguably one of the best QB's to ever play the game. And certainly one of the best in the last decade by far. It is human nature to attack those who are successful in whatever they do. Being at the top presents a highly visible and easy target for criticism. I personally like watching him play and I believe there many tend to stereotype him negatively due to his success.
    Last edited by Complex; 12-15-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Blog Entries

I don't ever recall the inferiority complex of this board being as high as it's been this year. smh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Lol at this thread. "Very effective running game"? He's had a "decent" running game over the past two seasons, before that, the Patriots could barely run the ball. Brady also won 3 SBs with basically no legit pro bowl type receivers.

Your hatred of Brady is funny, but starting a thread every time he has a bad HALF is a little over kill lol.
    :word
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Even with all this Brady bashing, I doubt a single person here wouldn't take Brady as our starting QB in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbionHero View Post
    Even with all this Brady bashing, I doubt a single person here wouldn't take Brady as our starting QB in a heartbeat.
    Brady today or Brady 7-8 years ago?

Because if you're talking Brady today, I'm just as happy where we are with our own Super Bowl MVP QB.

I don't like his whinning. But he is a damn good QB. To say otherwise is just stupid. Even the whinning makes sense because it works and helps his team.

Blog Entries

I'm not going to slate Brady because his football IQ, to run that offence, must be incredibly high. But as a system to play in it must be advantageous statistically. Tending towards short throws, receivers adjusting routes on the fly to reflect coverage, having those agile short range targets that he has had which fit the system perfectly (Welker, Edelman, Amendola). But then again, I refer to my first sentence, to break down the coverage at the line and work out where your receivers are meant to be going... Must take buttloads of preparation.

Well, let's hope he lucks his way down the field now for the go ahead TD.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    What does BRADY do better than Joe?

BRADY. Not his offense.

Arm strength - Flacco by a mile.

Pocket presence - Flacco by a mile.
    (Brady crumbles and freaks the fuck out any time he actually has to deal with pressure that isn't so pathetic that a simple small sidestep neutralizes.)

Accuracy - Brady is more accurate at 0-10 yard passes because that's what his whole game focuses on. If Flacco had an offense that could be ridiculously explosive just by making primarily a bunch of 3-8 yard throws, he'd have no problem making all the same easy throws just as well.

For throws over 10 yards Flacco is more accurate. Rarely does Brady complete any 10+ yard throw that has true difficulty. If Flacco doesn't consistently make those sorts of high difficulty throws, his offense does nothing.

Going through progressions - it's much easier to go through your progressions when you have several seconds to just stand unbothered in the pocket, and you often find receivers with 2 + yards of seperation. It's much harder when before every play there's a very good chance you'll get hit if you don't get rid of the ball in 2 seconds. Oh, and when your receivers rarely get half a yard of seperation.

Release - Tie. Brady has a quicker release for short passes, but some throws that Brady steps into, Flacco just flicks his wrist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I don't ever recall the inferiority complex of this board being as high as it's been this year. smh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's not enough to some that Joe only get compliments on this board, now I guess he somehow can be elevated even more if other QB's are trashed in some needless relative comparison.
    If there's a need to elevate Joe at another QB's expense, just don't get it being one of the all time best, but whatever.
    I don't like Brady, but damn, the man's resume stands on it's own.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Lol at this thread. "Very effective running game"? He's had a "decent" running game over the past two seasons, before that, the Patriots could barely run the ball. Brady also won 3 SBs with basically no legit pro bowl type receivers.

Your hatred of Brady is funny, but starting a thread every time he has a bad HALF is a little over kill lol.
    Brady won three Super Bowls with an elite defense.

He threw 11 touchdowns and 3 interceptions over a span of three postseasons, while throwing 216 yards a game.

These past three years Flacco has thrown 18 touchdowns and 2 interceptions, while throwing for 251 yards a game.

How exactly is Brady winning three Super Bowls any more special than what Flacco has done these past three years? Again, BRADY. Not his team.

The answer is it's not. Flacco has played at a far greater playoff level than Brady did during his three Super Bowls. Especially considering Flacco's season only ended in 2010 and 2011 because of numerous dropped passes against the Steelers, and a dropped pass and missed chipshot field goal against the Patriots (as opposed to a 40+ yard field goal in a blizzard and two 45+ yard game-winning field goals.)

And since then, Brady has choked in every single playoff appearance.

2005: TERRIBLE against the Broncos
    2006: Awful interception on last drive against Colts
    2007: 14 points. Nuff said. Oh, and he SUCKED against the Chargers.
    2009: One of the worst games in NFL history in the wildcard. People use this game to trash Flacco for going 4 of 10 for 32 yards, but Brady started the game 4-10 for 15 yards, two interceptions, and a fumble.
    2010: Terrible, lifeless against the Jets.
    2011: Terrible interception to give Ravens opportunity for drive.
    2012: Two turnovers, shut out in second half.

Blog Entries

Look at that incredible potential game-winning touchdown pass to Edelman!

Quote Originally Posted by AlbionHero View Post
    I would not take him.

His SB wins are tainted by a covered up (by the commish and the NFL) cheating scandal. He has so much "success" due to the offense being built around him. I don't even want to mention the improbable amount of calls that he lobbies (cries) for and gets every time he is touched.

Joe makes it work with what he is given, Brady is given what it takes to make it work.