Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Report: RG3 Benched; Kirk Cousins to be Named Starter for This Week

Per reports on NFLN and ESPN.com ....

This tells me a couple of things. One, this tells me that the reports that RG3 is being treated like a king by Snyder is 100% true. Two, Shanny wants to get fired so he can collect the $7 Million he has left on his contract.

What a fuckin' mess. Glad we don't have this kind of drama.

Blog Entries

Re: Report: RG3 Benched; Kirk Cousins to be Named Starter for This Week

All I can do is laugh at this.

Shanny is trying to get the fuck out of there.

RGIII (by all accounts) has a huge ego that has only been placated by an even bigger egomaniac (Snyder).

Over/Under that "leaked info" starts circulating about RGIII demanding a trade before the end of the season?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

In a breaking development, the Washington Redskins announced today that to ongoing criticism that their team name is demeaning and offensive towards Native Americans, they will immediately be changing the team name and logo. Washington owner Daniel Snyder said the new team name will better reflect the legacy and reputation of the long time NFL franchise. He then proceeded to unveil the new logo of the rebranded Washington LOLskins.

Yep HR that's exactly what this is. It was Snyder who pushed for RG3 to start the season even through he wasn't ready. I kind of feel sorry for Shanny. He probably took the job thinking Snyder couldn't be as bad as he heard. Then he has McNabb thrown into his lap. Has to deal with Haynesworth's drama. Forced to mortgage the future for RG3. Forced to play RG3 when he isn't healthily enough to play. Now he sees the writing on the wall...he will be fired or forced to resign. I hope he does get fired so he can collect 7 mil. Although I heard that Snyder has lawyers looking into some loophole to not buy out Shanny's contract.

No wonder Skins fans are jealous of the purple and black.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    RGIII (by all accounts) has a huge ego that has only been placated by an even bigger egomaniac (Snyder).
    This. RG3's ego has always shined through his interviews. Never been a fan of his. The dude came into the league on a high horse and Snyder has only made it worse.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Well at least the LOLskins have the draft to look forw----err, never mind.

I agree that Snyder and RGIII look like idiots in the wake of all this, but let's not absolve Mike Shanahan of all blame. The guy has made enemies literally everywhere he's ever gone and I don't think I have EVER seen a "lame duck" head coach handle his situation as gracelessly as ol' Rat Face has. The guy is basically purposefully sabotaging his team at this point, including leaking tons of information to the press.

If I'm an NFL owner I don't want a guy who would act like that anywhere near my coaching staff. I think this might be the end for Mike Shanahan. I can't see another team hiring him after this, so maybe he just wants to take the money and run.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    This. RG3's ego has always shined through his interviews. Never been a fan of his. The dude came into the league on a high horse and Snyder has only made it worse.
    Last year he made some snide comment on how easy the nfl is. Not so easy now is it rg3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NFLN has added more to the drama.

They're now reporting that RG3 is now INACTIVE and the original RG3, Rex Grossman, will back up Cousins.

This is a shit show.

Where's the popcorn?

Blog Entries

People swore you up and down that Shanahan had complete control, but we all know that Dan Snyder hasn't changed and probably won't change. He's the rich fan that got the chance to own his favorite team and thinks he knows more than everybody else.

It's clear as day now. Shanahan barely wants to draft an RB, what would make you think he'd want to sell his entire future for RGIII? Shanahan wanted Cousins. Snyder wanted RGIII.

And then the worst possible thing that could have happened, believe it or not, was that RGIII's spectacular play helped lead them to their first division title in ages. That sent everybody's ego over the edge.

Snyder pushed for III to play and Shanahan's now pissed that he's catching heat for the fact that it backfired, along with the decision to keep RGIII in the game too long versus Seattle, which Snyder also probably had something to do with.

However, instead of handling it professionally, Shanahan's leaking information, which is nothing new for his reputation as an ego-maniacal snake in the grass.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

My reactions reading about the circus down 95 can only be summed up in GIF form

Last edited by HoustonRaven; 12-11-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Blog Entries

@ESPNNFL: UPDATE: RGIII expected to be deactivated for rest of season, w/Rex Grossman taking over as backup QB. (via @washingtonpost)

All I have to say is LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk