Page 1 of 18 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Dalton can make some believers tonight

Cincy can effectively lock up the AFCN with a win in PITT tonight. Can Dalton carry his team to victory?

Dalton first 5 games against PITT (1-4 record):
    89/168 (53%), 968 yards (193.6/game), 5 TD, 5 INT

Flacco was slightly better in his first 5 games (2-3 record):
    87/156 (56%), 1018 yards (203.6/game), 5 TD, 4 INT

With the caveat that the PITT D Flacco played from '08-10 is likely superior to the PITT D of the last few years ('11-13).
    Last edited by bt12483; 12-15-2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: corrected record

Re: Dalton can make some believers tonight

The Bengals have to exorcize a few demons; beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh and win a playoff game. They have a good chance to do both this year because this is the best team they've had. They've improved steadily since posting a 4-12 record in 2010. I'd be happy to see them lose against the Steelers, but I won't bet on it.

Dalton has played in Pittsburgh exactly two times. And he won one of them, last year 13-10 (with a 58.8 QB Rating for the game). He is also 2-3 against Pitt, not 1-4.

Dalton has much to prove. I don't believe beating Pittsburgh will mean anything more than providing him and the team with a psychological boost for the end of the year and the playoffs. I really do feel bad for him; he is so up and down and has some of the worst showings in the league at least once a year. I was rooting for him in the last playoff run they had. I think Bob Costas did a great interview with him. He was really personable, humble, and had a great attitude.

Conversely, I think a loss will have an adverse effect psychologically on him and the team. He needs to do well, I feel the Bengals are a team that will live or die by Dalton's performance. I am looking forward to the game tonight, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Dalton has played in Pittsburgh exactly two times. And he won one of them, last year 13-10 (with a 58.8 QB Rating for the game). He is also 2-3 against Pitt, not 1-4.
    I didn't check that. The Bengals are a much better team right now.

Blog Entries

Andy Dalton's upside is Alex Smith IMO. No offense to cincy cat, or any Bengal fans, but Dalton isn't good enough to ever carry his team with even good talent, he's always going to need a very talented team to be effective. AJ Green, a top 5 offensive line, and a top 10 defense is what he's had in every year he's been in the league, and IMO, he's under achieved with what he's had to work with. Now he has two pretty decent TEs, and some talented receivers to compliment AJ, and of course an explosive running game. He really has all the ingredients to win a play off game this season, and there really aren't any excuses at all if he fails to win the AFCN.

7. Re: Dalton can make some believers tonight

^sounds like Matt Schaub and the Texans.

With apologies to CincyCat, I hope Dalton does NOT find his mojo against Pitt. tonight. With still an outside shot at a division title, I will be a shameless stiller fan tonight (as hard as that is to say).
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    With apologies to CincyCat, I hope Dalton does NOT find his mojo against Pitt. tonight. With still an outside shot at a division title, I will be a shameless stiller fan tonight (as hard as that is to say).
    Finding his mojo by completing a deep pass without floating it lol

Andy Dalton is not winning big games by himself. His defense will have to carry him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Dalton is 1-4 against PITT. He has never won in PITT.
    Incorrect. Dalton is 2-3 vs. Steelers. 1-1 in Pitt.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

I think the Bengals will mainly try to run the ball tonight, which should be fine.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎