Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

LOL-Flacco is now policing the locker room?

Looks like Joe is emerging as the new leader in the locker room calling out Elam who said Calvin was "old." Joe said come on, we're smarter than that."

As far as bulletin board material, I always remember what Namath told Weeb when he was worried about him giving the Baltimore Colts material guaranteeing a SB victory.

Namath said if the Colts need bulletin board material to win they're in bad shape. Weeb said, oh yea.

Good for Flacco and So much for the mild mannered Joe Flacco. Nice to see him stepping up but I"m sure Ray will have something to say about it on TV. Stay tuned.

Remember when Flacco’s potential for handing such a job was a hot conversation topic? His low-key personality might hinder him, some thought. Well, forget that. Flacco might not have the DNA to be a fist-pumping rah-rah guy, but in the wake of his Super Bowl triumph, with his big contract in hand and Ray Lewis and Ed Reed gone, he has emerged as a ruling elder in the locker room, his voice and opinions more important and influential than anyone else’s.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...5-0d0f34df4a76
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-15-2013 at 01:48 AM.

Re: LOL-Flacco is now policing the locker room?

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Looks like Joe is emerging as the new leader in the locker room calling out Elam who said Calvin was "old." Joe said come on, we're smarter than that."

As far as bulletin board material, I always remember what Namath told Weeb when he was worried about him giving the Baltimore Colts material guaranteeing a SB victory.

Namath said if the Colts need bulletin board material to win they're in bad shape. Weeb said, oh yea.

Good for Flacco and So much for the mild mannered Joe Flacco. Nice to see him stepping up but I"m sure Ray will have something to say about it on TV. Stay tuned.

Remember when Flacco’s potential for handing such a job was a hot conversation topic? His low-key personality might hinder him, some thought. Well, forget that. Flacco might not have the DNA to be a fist-pumping rah-rah guy, but in the wake of his Super Bowl triumph, with his big contract in hand and Ray Lewis and Ed Reed gone, he has emerged as a ruling elder in the locker room, his voice and opinions more important and influential than anyone else’s.

Maybe this is true and maybe it isn't, but why give a someone any extra incentive to beat you. Since Harbaugh and Flacco both disapproved of it, the bulletin board material thing must have some validity. The week before super bowl 10 Lynn Swan was knocked out by a DB for the Raiders and spent a few days in the hospital. He supposedly wasn't going to play in the super bowl, but one of the Cowboy's DB's ran his mouth about Swan being hit harder if he played against the cowboys. Swan played and was the MVP of the super bowl. Now, there's no telling whether or not Swan would've reallly sat out the super bowl or not, but the comments did seem to give him extra motivation. Then there's Peyton Manning 2 weeks ago. He had a good game in the cold weather, which promted him to tell the people who said he couldn't play in cold weather to stick that where the sun doesn't shine (or something to that effect).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post

I don't think Joe is just stepping up now. I believe he always talks (intelligently) this way.
    As for Ray Lewis : do you think his worst nightmare would be the Ravens winning the Super Bowl without him as their leader? Hmmm... Bc

Ray's in the ROH, so he'd get another ring. Maybe that would help him feel better.

Joe is a quiet leader. He leads by example, not necessarily by words. There's not one player in that locker room who doesn't see Joe as their leader. After some of the heroics he has displayed on the field during his career here, his leadership is unquestionable. The old saying that "actions speak louder than words" fits Joe to a T. It's good to hear though, that he is speaking up when needed.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

People really think Ray would be upset if we win another Super Bowl?

SMDH.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I don't think Joe is just stepping up now. I believe he always talks (intelligently) this way.
    As for Ray Lewis : do you think his worst nightmare would be the Ravens winning the Super Bowl without him as their leader? Hmmm... Bc
    Ummmm. No. Ray doesn't come across as being that petty. And if you think he is, after watching him give blood. sweat and tears for 17 seasons, then you haven't been paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    SMDH.
    Me too!
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

SMDH.
    +1

Blog Entries

SMDH.
    All I did was ask the question (?) Perhaps I could have worded it a little differently. However, since HR, Terpsfan82, lowrider, and BSHU think the question was out-of-line, then
    I must beg your pardons for my written blunder :o ... Bc

Blog Entries

No you don't BC. You were fine.

My comment on Ray had nothing to do the SB but these types of comments. Arty never criticized his old teammates on TV. I don't know what Ray's motives are for this shit. I won't but I could easily call up posts that say they're beginning to dislike Ray on TV. This is why I posted above that Ray will probably have something to say about Joe policing the locker room.

Me too.

Joe fires back.

I just thought of something. Could Ray just be lighting a little fire under Joe's pants. Like the link in the OP said, Joe didn't lead much by words.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...arty-bus-brawl
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-15-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    See my post above. Joe is definitely talking more than before and like I just posted, maybe Ray is just trying to light a fire under his pants. I'm just guessing.

If Ray is jealous of Ravens winning SB again w/o him there is something definitely wrong but I'd bet my SS check that he doesn't give a shit about the SB, until he gets another ring for being in the ROH.