Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Would Ravens be interested in Towson St RB Terrence West - 356 yds, 5 TDs last night

Nah. His legs are already worn out!

Blog Entries

Re: Would Ravens be interested in Towson St RB Terrence West - 356 yds, 5 TDs last night

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWedra View Post
    West is a legitimate NFL prospect. I have him ranked as a mid-day three guy, but some see him as a late 3rd ROUND prospect. While I think the 6th round is about right, he may go a bit higher.
    Not saying you're wrong, but here's an annual web-site that rates draft prospects :

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/RB.php

I don't see his name on there. Perhaps they're all seniors? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Just keep in mind that the Ravens do not have 4th or 5th round draft choices (traded for Eugene Monroe), and comp picks cannot be traded. Check out wicked's post #6, which I happen to agree with... Bc
    I don't think we would take West in the fourth or fifth round, anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Not saying you're wrong, but here's an annual web-site that rates draft prospects :

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/RB.php

I don't see his name on there. Perhaps they're all seniors? ... Bc

NFL DRAFT BLITZ.COM ranks him as 26th best RB for 2015 but given his age and legs, Solo is right. He'd better come out early. Tony has used this site in the past.

http://nfldraftblitz.com/rankings-fr.html

Terrance West is a legitimate NFL running back.

He was a originally a Clemson commit out of HS but his academics weren't up to par, he went to JUCO and was set to go to UMD but when Edsall came in they didn't want him anymore.

He is a 5th round pick at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Terrance West is a legitimate NFL running back.

He was a originally a Clemson commit out of HS but his academics weren't up to par, he went to JUCO and was set to go to UMD but when Edsall came in they didn't want him anymore.

He is a 5th round pick at the latest.
    Not entirely true. Maryland wanted him, as did Clemson, but his grades weren't up to par. West had to call Ambrose at Towson to gauge his interest. I doubt he comes out this year. Not many FBS players declare early.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    NFL DRAFT BLITZ.COM ranks him as 26th best RB for 2015 but given his age and legs, Solo is right. He'd better come out early. Tony has used this site in the past.
    http://nfldraftblitz.com/rankings-fr.html
    Thank you, AF. I've added 'nfldraftblitz' to my list of sites... Bc

Blog Entries

You're welcome.

I've been using it for years. I'm no where near Solo on college players and the draft but begin my investigation as soon as the Ravens season ends starting with this site and several others.

Check out their value board - always top notch and they have a ton of mocks. You always know who's coming out and how good they are. They ranked KO pretty high coming out like top 3 OG and I didn't think we'd get him. Ravens won the SB when they moved him to LG and inserted Fat Mac as LT. They completely wiped out their side of Denver's d-line. I still watch the tape - one of greatest games ever for Baltimore.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-14-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Not entirely true. Maryland wanted him, as did Clemson, but his grades weren't up to par. West had to call Ambrose at Towson to gauge his interest. I doubt he comes out this year. Not many FBS players declare early.
    That's going to be even harder for him to get drafted then as a 24 year old power back with a lot of csrries.

Would have loved to see him play for the Terps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That's going to be even harder for him to get drafted then as a 24 year old power back with a lot of csrries.

Edsall has done a pretty good job at signing decent running backs. As for West, if he gets a look I think it will be via the undrafted route.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan_Jones

Taiwan Jones was an FCS player who left school early to enter the draft. He was taken in the 4th round. Now you can say that he was only taken that high because he ran a 4.3 and the Raiders are obsessed with speed but either way it isn't unheard of.

West is better than Jones was.

Towson is extremely lucky to even get this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Towson is arguably better than the Terps. Towson beat Uconn 33-18 (West rushed for 156 yards)Maryland beat UConn 32-21. Eastern Illinois the team Towson beat last night beat San Diego State 40-9 and lost to Northern Illinois who was ranked in the top 15 most of the year and had Heisman Finalist Jordan Lynch 43-39. That was their only loss going into last night. Don't forget David Meggett who had a great 10 year NFL career was a fifth round running back selection out of Towson played in two Pro Bowls and won a couple of Super Bowls with the Giants.