Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries

Re: Would Ravens be interested in Towson St RB Terrence West - 356 yds, 5 TDs last night

I do like the way he cuts. Pretty efficient at getting upfield. Seems to have enough speed to be a decent NFL back, but I don't see a big breakaway threat like he was in college. Not especially powerful for his size, it doesn't appear, but I didn't see a lot of highlights that involve him running head on into tacklers to see whether he gets any push or can keep the legs moving,etc. Would be interesting to see more on him than just highlights.

Blog Entries

Re: Would Ravens be interested in Towson St RB Terrence West - 356 yds, 5 TDs last night

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I actually just read a report recently about how a significant number of D-1 athletes can't read at higher than an 8th grade level. One guy at UNC was caught taking "fake" classes to pad his grades...

Scary, huh?

So, yea...I doubt the SAT scores were the real reason that Clemson backed off of Terrence West.
    It wasn't "one guy" it was like.... a hundred guys. It's just that only one guy has been brought up on criminal charges for it (a "professor" who took pay for a fake class he never taught).

At UNC it is a major scandal, and everybody has just swept it under the rug. The NCAA saw nothing wrong... even though it was a clear cut case of widespread, institutionally authorized academic fraud. Don't even get me started..... how that school is still fielding D-1 teams in any sport right now is a mystery... oh wait.. its because the TV money is too big to allow any program to get a death penalty. Too hard for the other schools to make up the lost revenue, and the TV contracts would be torn up if the Tar Holes were cut out of the ACC for a couple of years. And probably ESPN's basketball contract and CBS's March Madness contract. What's a little academic fraud (or a whole gigantic assload of it....) when there are billions of dollars involved in these TV deals?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    At UNC it is a major scandal, and everybody has just swept it under the rug. The NCAA saw nothing wrong... even though it was a clear cut case of widespread, institutionally authorized academic fraud. Don't even get me started..... how that school is still fielding D-1 teams in any sport right now is a mystery... oh wait.. its because the TV money is too big to allow any program to get a death penalty. Too hard for the other schools to make up the lost revenue, and the TV contracts would be torn up if the Tar Holes were cut out of the ACC for a couple of years. And probably ESPN's basketball contract and CBS's March Madness contract. What's a little academic fraud (or a whole gigantic assload of it....) when there are billions of dollars involved in these TV deals?
    :word

I find this funny too because didnt the ACC tell West Virginia a few years ago to get lost because their academic standards were lower than what the ACC "required"?

Give me a break!
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

My gut says that if he is undrafted he is contacted to sign here. We have location advantage and former team-mate (Sheppard) and we do tend to float RBs a little.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Ditto.

That's my thinking. As someone posted, don't use a pick on him and let him try out. Ravens know about him,
    that's for sure. Priest Holmes was an undrafted RB and he turned out to be one of the greatest.