Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: 66/1 to win the SuperBowl. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Exactly what I'm saying. Based on talent, matchups, coaching etc. They are setting the odds that people will bet on - same with other teams - so no matter what they make money.
    IMO they might well set the initial odds based on the factors you cite, but the lines will move based on where the money's going to ensure that payoff for the betting palaces. IOW we generally agree--win all around. Though I would conjecture that in setting that initial line they also take into account the relative gullibility and affluence of the various fan bases--i.e., how liable they are to overestimate their team's chances & then throw stupid money at it--but that's a minor point.

2. Re: 66/1 to win the SuperBowl. Thoughts?

In my opinion, the AFC is so bad this year that if we make it to the dance we atleast have to have a decent shot. The Bengals last 2 years in the playoffs have looked pathetic on offense, we've beaten the Patriots in Foxburough in the playoffs twice when they had a much better/healthier team in the past 5 years and it should have been 3 (Lee Evans ). Chiefs don't scare me and the Colts team is much worse than last year without Reggie Wayne.

The only thing for me is would we be able to go into Denver and do it again? I don't know if we can but when we played Peyton earlier this year it was a lot warmer outside. I wouldn't rule it completely out.

I'm personally thinking a week at a time but you can't tell me that as long as we get in, we don't have a decent shot to atleast represent the AFC in New York. And imagine if we get there and we're facing the Saints or Seahawks in the freezing cold...gotta think advantage us...no?

I'm probably putting down a super bowl bet myself

I wonder what our odds were this time a year ago?
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

4. Re: 66/1 to win the SuperBowl. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    We had much better odds of winning it, I was about to put some down (I believe it was 30-1).

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I have a bet in at Mandalay Bay for 40-1. Bought the $50 ticket in March.

6. Re: 66/1 to win the SuperBowl. Thoughts?

Try believing and concentrating on a positive outcome for our team this season. Last year we lost Art Modell and won a superbowl with Art cheering for us in heaven, this year we lost Art Donovan so lets repeat while we have (2) Art's cheering for us in heaven. Lightning in Denver, Tornado in Chicago - only wall of a Ravens fan's home in Chicago destroyed by the tornado still standing in the rubble with our Raven Head Logo on it, Whiteout thriller win in M&T. Haven't won in Detroit since 1980 that seems insurmountable too right now, but we do things that no one believes we can year in and year out. Signs are there we just got to believe. Underdogs we are and as underdogs we will overcome. Go Ravens show them we can! WIN ONE GAME AT A TIME - PLAY LIKE RAVENS - EMBRACE THE GRIND - HERE WE ARE
    Another similar fact, in the greatest football game ever played our winning Championship team from Baltimore had a special QB, a Gino on offense & an Art on defense just like we do today. Maybe its time to heal the divide in our city's football legacy and start the new dynasty in Baltimore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RAYVENRAYG View Post
    Another similar fact, in the greatest football game ever played our winning Championship team from Baltimore had a special QB, a Gino on offense & an Art on defense just like we do today.
    Not quite as similar as you claim, friend--the Gino of 1958 was named Marchetti & he played defensive end. (And FTR there were 3 Arts on the '58 roster, two on offense: Art DeCarlo at WR & Art Spinney at OG.) You could look it up. (NB I was alive & old enough to be a dyed-in-the-wool Colts fan when that game was played.)