Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: The OFFICIAL Ravens-Lions MNF Prediction Thread

Wow! Lots of Debbie downers. I think this group of Ravens is about to find it's mojo and put an end to their road woes. Elam gets his first pick, Jimmy Smith has his way with megatron, and Rice goes on a tear. We win this one. 30-20
    "Screw it, let's ride"!

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Wow! Lots of Debbie downers. I think this group of Ravens is about to find it's mojo and put an end to their road woes. Elam gets his first pick, Jimmy Smith has his way with megatron, and Rice goes on a tear. We win this one. 30-20
    Considering none of the above has happened yet this year other than smith tightening down on recievers I have a hard time going with this. If Joe has a playoff type appearance we have a better than 50-50 chance.

The road record is what it is. Detroit is loud & proud up there. Tough to beat in that dome. Megatron put on a big show and we barely escaped with a win. This is gonna be another roller coaster ride.

I haven't picked against the Ravens all year but I see the Lions taking this by at least 3, which is essentially the built in home field advantage. (Ravenswintitle can explain better than I).
    I want a Flacco jersey! Johnny Bench wore #5

Ravens grab a nice lead early after a few Stafford turnovers, but in the 4th quarter, the Lions score every time they touch the ball, as our defense, once agian, can't stop anyone in the 4th quarter.

Lions 31 Ravens 20

Blog Entries

Ravens up 23 - 20 in 4th qtr, drive down to Lions 2 yd line, but can't punch it in to seal victory. Tuck kicks FG, Lions get into Ravens territory (just to give us heart attacks), but fail to get into end-zone. Final = Ravens 26 - Lions 20... Bc

Blog Entries

Ravens 23-17. No particular reason.

Ravens 24
    Lions 21

I understand the pessimism BUT..

Stafford makes Stafford-like decisions and struggles with accuracy.

Ravens 17-14

Bad matchup on the road.

30-20 Detroit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Lmao at the picks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

I benched Brady in favor of Flacco in my fantasy round one playoffs....

Why?

Because I think Flacco has his best statistical game all season. The conditions (deep threats are now for real with Pitta back, the dome, and Detroits suspect DB's) are prime for the deep ball.

Ravens win 38-31

If we score 30, I say we have a 90% chance of winning.

This one will come down to our offense. It starts playing well, or we lose. Because the defense won't keep Detroit to 20 points.

Hopefully Bush and Stafford get fumblitis. We will need all he help we can get in this one.

For me, these are the critical issues for this game:

1) Can the OL protect Flacco?
    This group has been pass-blocking much better lately, and Ziggy Ansah is banged up and might not even play.

2) Will the Ravens commit to the passing game and stop trying to stubbornly establish the run in spite of all evidence that it's not going to work?
    With Pitta back, the Ravens now have a full arsenal of receiving weapons available. Combine that with the fact that they're playing in a dome, that Detroit has a pretty poor pass defense, and that Flacco always seems to play his best games with his back up against the wall, and I think the Ravens will have their best offensive output of the year provided that they don't continually run into a brick wall.

3) Can the defense actually create some turnovers?
    I lost count of how many interceptions the Ravens had their hands on and couldn't reel in last week. Detroit coughs up the ball a lot, in spite of the fact that their OL generally protects Stafford pretty well (he's only been sacked 15 times). Depending on Dumervil's condition, we may not get to the QB very much, but we may not have to in order to create turnovers. The D will need to capitalize on their opportunities.

All in all, I think the Ravens win this one in a closely-fought shootout. Detroit is going to make some big plays and will probably put up a decent number of points, but the Ravens offense will keep pace and the D will do just enough to give us an edge. The fact that this game is on the road worries me quite a bit, but the Ravens are battle-tested and have a lot of experience winning these types of games. The Lions, on the other hand, are on a 7 game losing streak in December and January.

Ravens 30
    Detroit 27

I'm not sold on our ability to protect Flacco or get creative enough on offense to confuse the Lions defense. On defense, we can't seem to get to the QB anymore and we still give up late drives for scores. Lastly, we stink on the road now.

Lions 30 Ravens 16

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I'm not sold on our ability to protect Flacco or get creative enough on offense to confuse the Lions defense. On defense, we can't seem to get to the QB anymore and we still give up late drives for scores. Lastly, we stink on the road now.
    Lions 30 Ravens 16
    You're right. This team is a Disaster Area. Call in FEMA. That's why the Ravens are fighting with the Texans, Falcons, and Vikings for the first pick in the 2014 NFL draft... Bc