Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: OT - RG3 Gets Shut Down For Season - WTF??

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I agree with this for the most part, however, there are many players around the league who would not want to risk career ending injuries if the coach decides that their starting QB is being "shut down" because only he is too valuable to risk injury. It's no different than preseason games. If the games don't matter why not shut down all your starters and let the back ups play?

The bigger issue here IMO, is the potential impact this could have on the playoff picture and the Redskin's position in the 2014 draft. How would we feel if Tomlin decided to shut down big Jen against Cincy just because they are out of the playoffs?
    Shanny shutting down RG3 is a fuck you to him and Snyder, not because he's trying to save him for next season. Shanny won't even be there next season.

He's doing this because he's tired of RG3 going over his head to Snyder and Snyder showing RG3 special treatment.

There's no real impact in next years draft either. They traded their first round pick to the Rams to get RG3.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Is Michael Irvin implying that Mike Shanahan is a racist? That RG III was only benched because he is not white?

Edit: To clarify I am listening to NFLN Live and happened to hear some incredible comments.
    I heard Irvin talk about it too and I think he was implying that. However, in Shanahan's case, there's a history. The way his camp leaked out that Donavan McNabb couldn't remember the plays and needed a wristband and so forth. The whole way he played the McNabb/Grossman situation, claiming that Grossman could run the offense better and understood it better. It made no logically sense other than what Irvin eluded to in his own way. Other players have had their own thoughts about Shanahan. He has a rep and a history.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I heard Irvin talk about it too and I think he was implying that. However, in Shanahan's case, there's a history. The way his camp leaked out that Donavan McNabb couldn't remember the plays and needed a wristband and so forth. The whole way he played the McNabb/Grossman situation, claiming that Grossman could run the offense better and understood it better. It made no logically sense other than what Irvin eluded to in his own way. Other players have had their own thoughts about Shanahan. He has a rep and a history.
    He also used Albert Haynesworth in his analogy, which immediately took away any sense or logic. Haynesworthless stepped on a guys head without a helmet on. He was a maggot.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    History? What history?

Like sticking with a broken down Terrell Davis for three years after his prime? Or being the one who worked the McNabb deal in the first place?

And you got the wristband story wrong. McNabb was screwing up plays for weeks when Shanny went to him, asking him to wear the wrist band. He refused.

Blog Entries

I heard Shannon Sharpe talking about playing for Shanny. He said he's a tough coach to play for, always focuses on the negatives and things you did wrong, never giving any credit. Really keeps his thumb on guys. Looking back, Shanny said it helped him a lot but was tough at the time.

I get the sense RG3 doesn't like this type of treatment

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Maybe the real point of this is to shop Cousins for a first round pick;

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...d-firstrounder

This whole thing reeks of unnecessary drama. There's so much more wrong with that team and it doesn't get fixed by shuttering the starting QB for the last three weeks of the season. Crazy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mac in Va View Post
    Maybe the real point of this is to shop Cousins for a first round pick;

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...d-firstrounder

This whole thing reeks of unnecessary drama. There's so much more wrong with that team and it doesn't get fixed by shuttering the starting QB for the last three weeks of the season. Crazy.
    There's no doubt that's part of the plan. If they can just get ONE team to overpay, they can get some picks back.

Sadly for them, their pick this year will be very high - #2 or could even be the top pick... but the Rams own it

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    History? What history?

Like sticking with a broken down Terrell Davis for three years after his prime? Or being the one who worked the McNabb deal in the first place?

And you got the wristband story wrong. McNabb was screwing up plays for weeks when Shanny went to him, asking him to wear the wrist band. He refused.
    I should have clarified. He has a history of having these type of issues with players. Not necessarily racial prejudice. Honestly, I believe Snyder pulled the move for McNabb. It's the exact type of move Snyder would pull, it's clear now that Snyder hasn't changed his ways and that Shanahan has not been running the show as much as originally believed, and Shanahan does also have a history of leaking information. I do agree with CincyCat, in that Haynesworth is a bad example on Irvin's part.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Kudos to Shannon Sharpe for essentially calling out Irvin by saying "Race had nothing to do with Shanahan's decision". Shannon has known Shanahan for a long long time.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Unrelated to RG3/Cousins...but I'm starting to get a feeling Shanahan might still be coaching in 2014 with Washington...

1. Snyder knows he can't get his firing with cause
    2. Snyder doesn't want to pay 7 mil dollars owed
    3. Shanahan isn't stupid, he's not going to quit
    4. There's reports that Kyle has decided the baggage is not worth working for his father, so he's going to leave for other opportunities.

I see the perfect storm which might, MIGHT, create Snyder and Shanahan extending their stalemate into a lame duck season, with a new OC to usurp Shanahan's power. If so, next year is going to be REAL interesting in D.C. Could be a reality show.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!