Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Ravens probably won the last Super Bowl for the AFC for a long time

Look at the NFC it's loaded with contenders and potentials that would dominate in the AFC.

Seattle's obvious they've got an excellent young QB and took a bunch of rejects and turned them into one of the best defenses ever.

If Colin Kaepernick can mature as a pocket passer the 49ers can be a Super Bowl contender.

If the Panthers get some help at Wr and the secondary while retaining Greg Hardy they're contenders.

Arizona could've won a division if they were in the AFC and their biggest problem is finding a QB to succeed Carson Palmer.

If Sam Bradford can stay healthy and play at a consistent level the Rams can be a contender.

If Green Bay figures out how to play defense they're a contender.

If Chicago gets a defense again they're a contender.

If Detroit gets some discipline they're a contender.

I don't think the AFC is going to win a Super Bowl any time soon.

Re: The Ravens probably won the last Super Bowl for the AFC for a long time

I see a lot of if's there. Seattle is good, and they'll be contenders. But injury, FA, and the cap equalize everyone sooner rather than later. I still think we are poised to get right back in contention soon. We need to rebuild the line, maybe grab another WR, and get our RB's healthy, and finding a pass rusher in the draft wouldn't hurt. With a good draft and a steal or two in FA I could see us being back at the top of the division and contending for a trip to Arizona.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

I'll believe it when I see it. Lot of parity in the league and anything can happen before the end of next season. Several AFC teams could get tougher and better next year. Those damn steelers could do something, never say die with brady, and colts have a shot with the right players. KC , maybe, Ravens with a lot of help and committed players. NFC will be tough, but only one team from that league goes to the SB. The AFC team could have a great day and win.

That's a lotta IFs. And they all appear to be tall orders.

As long as the AFC teams only have to win one game (the SB) against the NFC, it's a non-issue.

There are too many one dimensional teams in the NFL and too many unproven QBs.

I actually REALLY like the Ravens chances moving forward.

In a QB driven league, who are the best QBs in the AFC?

Blog Entries

Heard them talking about this on SiriusNFL this morning. I get the points and they are real, but who knows what injuries, penalties, bounce of the ball might happen.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Parity

If you believe that you should be willing to give odds - which I would be more than happy to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Look at the NFC it's loaded with contenders and potentials that would dominate in the AFC.

Seattle's obvious they've got an excellent young QB and took a bunch of rejects and turned them into one of the best defenses ever.

If Colin Kaepernick can mature as a pocket passer the 49ers can be a Super Bowl contender.

If the Panthers get some help at Wr and the secondary while retaining Greg Hardy they're contenders.

Arizona could've won a division if they were in the AFC and their biggest problem is finding a QB to succeed Carson Palmer.

If Sam Bradford can stay healthy and play at a consistent level the Rams can be a contender.

Blog Entries

If we get freezing rain and snow tonight OPM may close Federal offices and I can sleep in. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Good points. I read something earlier that said the last two AFC winners of the SB were the Ravens and the Steelers, and the theory as to why is that they were two of the toughest teams in the league at that time. It does appear that the NFC is the stronger, younger, more physical conference. This is all the more reason not to model our franchise after Denver and New England. Get back to Ravens football.
    Last edited by Terpsfan82; 02-04-2014 at 06:59 PM.

The reason I believe that the NFC is more able to win Super Bowls than the AFC is because of all the teams with strong defenses. Heck Tampa Bay had one of the best defenses in the league they just had a bush-league coach and a poor QB.

Sorry, but there is NO WAY this can be predicted. With today's salary cap restrictions and league parity, every team has the chance to improve. This is largely due to why no team has repeated as SB champions since the early '00's Patriots. And we have a fairly competent front office and owner that should keep us competitive moving forward.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post

Oh damn it... one more "if" and you would have broken the all-time record... Bc