Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Steeler fans

Blog Entries

Re: Steeler fans

I think it was a forward lateral. The football went nor nor'west by east. Since it flew edgeways instead of sidelong, then it's onward propulsion would justify the ref's non-amercement of the gambit. That is according to NFL rule #2186/5/b ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    I took a break from my usual Tampa bar this Sunday to try one of the more popular places in town and despite having good food and a good atmosphere I will never go back because of a contingent of about 5-6 steeler fans that were there.

Whereas normal fans whoop and holler when their team scores, these people would do it after almost every play that went in their favor. You would swear the Steelers had just won the Superbowl whenever they got a first down. They would get in peoples faces, cursing like drunken idiots.Then on the last play where they thought they had won the game, one of them flung the contents of his beer bottle onto people around him.

Just in general the most obnoxious people I had ever watched a game around, and I was very happy that Antonio Brown stepping out of bounds and Marlon scoring the last touchdown happened within seconds of each other. Made for a very nice exit
    Are you sure they weren't Patriot fans? If anything, its a tie between them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Are you sure they weren't Patriot fans? If anything, its a tie between them.
    You of all people should know why Pats fans are so obnoxious--they're Sawx fans in winter plumage...

Steeler fan here. I don't care if the Ravens win the SB this year. Honestly, I don't think that will happen, but it is a possibility. Now, don't think that all fans are that extreme; the same way a Steelers fan would recognized delusional fanaticism from a select few from the Ravens fanbase.

There are dumbass fans involved with every team.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Order has been restored after the Steelers besting the Ravens in 2008 and 2010. (Mainly the refs that helped the Steelers win in 2010.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=68&f=1897&t=12456474&p=3

Read this thread and there's no doubt that most of the Steeler fans on that site have nightmares of Joe Flacco winning it all for Baltimore, and being just so much more successful for three straight years and counting now. I have never seen so much hate in my life over a football game. Skinthatsmokewagon seems like he's ready to go on a killing spree if it means the Steelers will actually do something better than the Ravens. I remember last summer a few posters said they would watch me get stabbed in the face 40 times if it meant the Steelers would win an extra game each season. And those posters were not punished.

It just feels so great to know a fanbase hates us so much and that they hate Flacco so much. Patriots and Broncos fans have similar resentment towards Flacco, and I can't wait for the playoffs for Flacco to slay Brady and Manning once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    Steeler fan here.

Unfortunately this true, ask AP or AD. In the end though, they have to play each other unless there is a re-alignment in the divisions. So the dumbass fans will always be there.

Steeler fan here. I don't care if the Ravens win the SB this year. Honestly, I don't think that will happen, but it is a possibility. Now, don't think that all fans are that extreme; the same way a Steelers fan would recognized delusional fanaticism from a select few from the Ravens fanbase.

I've know some good Steelers fans and bad, I'm not going to paint the whole fan base with a broad stroke of a brush. I do take humor in the bandwagon fans who wear Steelers jerseys around the country without ever having stepped foot in Pittsburgh. That's a product of past success, same with the Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I've know some good Steelers fans and bad, I'm not going to paint the whole fan base with a broad stroke of a brush. I do take humor in the bandwagon fans who wear Steelers jerseys around the country without ever having stepped foot in Pittsburgh. That's a product of past success, same with the Cowboys.
    While I hate team Rapist as much as anybody, I can't agree that not stepping foot into a city makes you less of a fan.

I've only been to Baltimore once and I don't think anybody questions my loyalty. People choose football teams for different reasons. I picked the Ravens because I love literature and football.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Those steeler fans wearing jersey's this year,are true fans(even if they are obnoxious). I wouldn't wear it because these last 2 years have been brutal to the 6 time winning SB steelers. Their future looks uncertain with salary cap and old, over paid players. Hell, if the bengals embarrass them this sunday, their done for post season spot most likely(5-9).

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Those steeler fans wearing jersey's this year,are true fans(even if they are obnoxious). I wouldn't wear it because these last 2 years have been brutal to the 6 time winning SB steelers. Their future looks uncertain with salary cap and old, over paid players. Hell, if the bengals embarrass them this sunday, their done for post season spot most likely(5-9).
    Good point, my apologies to Darb72 also. Your both right, your team is not always a question of geography. I'm tolerant of anyone who's not an ass wipe. I'll be a fan of Italy in the next World Cup. Ciao.

Very true. I live just outside of Baltimore, and I know plenty of Ravens fans. My youngest daughter and my best friend included. My in laws can be rude idiots, not because they are Ravens fans, but because they are rude idiots. As a Steeler fan, living just outside of Baltimore, an a participant on this board, I will never defend ignorant Steelers fans. I will however respectfully put in my opinions (as with my initial reply) to point out that not all Steelers fans are like the ones featured in the linked thread. The vast majority are normal people, just like the vast majority of members on this, or any other board.

Dumbasses are dumbasses, no matter what color their jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post

Very true. I live just outside of Baltimore, and I know plenty of Ravens fans. My youngest daughter and my best friend included. My in laws can be rude idiots, not because they are Ravens fans, but because they are rude idiots. As a Steeler fan, living just outside of Baltimore, an a participant on this board, I will never defend ignorant Steelers fans. I will however respectfully put in my opinions (as with my initial reply) to point out that not all Steelers fans are like the ones featured in the linked thread. The vast majority are normal people, just like the vast majority of members on this, or any other board.

Dumbasses are dumbasses, no matter what color their jersey.
    You let you daughter cross lines? Interesting. I feel like if i had kids that expressed interest in being steelers fans they would face disownment and/or corporal punishment. Anyone else have an immediate family member on the other side?

Honestly, I really don't view is as crossing lines. She is free to pick and choose. I can say we get some looks when myself, my wife, and my oldest daughter are out and about wearing our Steelers stuff nd they see my youngest sporting the purple #5. That makes for some very interesting conversations! For the most part, most people get a kick out of it. There are however, some pinheads who like to try to be stupid. Not because they are Ravens fans, but because they are pinheads in general, not just during football season. We just shrug, smile, and laugh it off lightheartedly, and that is that.

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    You let you daughter cross lines? Interesting. I feel like if i had kids that expressed interest in being steelers fans they would face disownment and/or corporal punishment. Anyone else have an immediate family member on the other side?
    Last edited by Complex; 12-12-2013 at 10:50 PM.