Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Steeler fans

Re: Steeler fans

Would love to read the Steelers fans implode but that site is so hard on the eyes.

1993 called and would like its message board back

I read the steeler nation board every few days. It makes me laugh for the most part. In fact i am a member of several different teams boards and generally am treated ok everywhere else but a Steeler board.

Most of the posters there are inbred hostile retards (on the internet) but there are a few who have some football insight. I am glad that this board is pretty accepting of other teams fans as long as they are not trolls.

I don't post on that board anymore since it never mattered what i said about anything. I was always berated and treated like shit no matter what i posted. There is one Raven fan there though who they seem to tolerate, even accepted and that edreed4prez.

I live in NW Pa so i am in the Steeler, Browns, Bills market area. Most of the fans of those teams around here are pretty cool. I regularly hang out with my neighbor who is a HUGE steeler fan. He has decorated his living room with empty Steeler ice cream containers among other things Steeler related, and guns.

I find that most of these guys are fine in person but put the behind a monitor and they turn into Timmy Tough Tits and want to talk shit all day. The internet is like a 12 pack of beer. Instant courage to say the things you would never say sober or in person.

Blog Entries

"Keep em classy, HarBITCH."
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens825 View Post
    I regularly hang out with my neighbor who is a HUGE steeler fan. He has decorated his living room with empty Steeler ice cream containers among other things Steeler related, and guns.
    Did you ever ask him what that stuff tastes like? Tar? Urine? Or both at once?

(Hey, don't look at me like that--some otherwise reasonable folks buy green tea ice cream, & we're talking about Eerie country here...)

The internet is like a 12 pack of beer. Instant courage to say the things you would never say sober or in person.
    Back in the day I saw a T-shirt for sale with the legend

INSTANT ASSHOLE
    Just Add Alcohol

--& I had a fair number of, mmm, acquaintances who needed badly to be wearing one when they went out in public. (Not badly enough that I'd spring for it, though...)

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Did you ever ask him what that stuff tastes like? Tar? Urine? Or both at once?

(Hey, don't look at me like that--some otherwise reasonable folks buy green tea ice cream, & we're talking about Eerie country here...)

Back in the day I saw a T-shirt for sale with the legend

INSTANT ASSHOLE
    Just Add Alcohol

--& I had a fair number of, mmm, acquaintances who needed badly to be wearing one when they went out in public. (Not badly enough that I'd spring for it, though...)

Its called Blitzburgh Crunch by Turkey Hill and actually looks pretty tasty i just can't bring myself to spend money on something that has the Steelers on it.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I'm hoping the Steelers hate the Bengals pretty badly after Sunday night.
    I picked your guys in my football pool. Honestly though, I'll take a tie as everyone will lose that game and it won't matter. I'd love to take the division & hope we can overtake your guys but I can't root for Pitt without feeling nauseous.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I picked your guys in my football pool. Honestly though, I'll take a tie as everyone will lose that game and it won't matter. I'd love to take the division & hope we can overtake your guys but I can't root for Pitt without feeling nauseous.
    I can, because it screws with their position in the draft. I'd be happy to see them miss the playoffs via the fifth (?) tiebreaker every year.
    I've upped my standards. Up yours.

On a day where this happenned:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/wash...ex-field-snow/

anybody who says Ravens Fans are the worst fans in the NFL can suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    On a day where this happenned:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/wash...ex-field-snow/

anybody who says Ravens Fans are the worst fans in the NFL can suck it.
    Oh, please, how many people left the Bank after Gerhart's touchdown? Or before the Pitta score? Skins fans have no hope; just when it looked like there was light at the end of the tunnel, it turned out to be an oncoming train.
    I've upped my standards. Up yours.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens825 View Post
    I just can't bring myself to spend money on something that has the Steelers on it.
    Yeah, once you get past bedpans, trashcans & spittoons...

Can you get a waterproof Steely McBeam decal sized for the bottom of a commode? Maybe superimposed on a bullseye?

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Yeah, once you get past bedpans, trashcans & spittoons...

Can you get a waterproof Steely McBeam decal sized for the bottom of a commode? Maybe superimposed on a bullseye?
    Tomlin/BigBen toilet paper anyone?
    I want a Flacco jersey! Johnny Bench wore #5

I took a break from my usual Tampa bar this Sunday to try one of the more popular places in town and despite having good food and a good atmosphere I will never go back because of a contingent of about 5-6 steeler fans that were there.

Whereas normal fans whoop and holler when their team scores, these people would do it after almost every play that went in their favor. You would swear the Steelers had just won the Superbowl whenever they got a first down. They would get in peoples faces, cursing like drunken idiots.Then on the last play where they thought they had won the game, one of them flung the contents of his beer bottle onto people around him.

Just in general the most obnoxious people I had ever watched a game around, and I was very happy that Antonio Brown stepping out of bounds and Marlon scoring the last touchdown happened within seconds of each other. Made for a very nice exit

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Skins fans have no hope; just when it looked like there was light at the end of the tunnel, it turned out to be an oncoming train.
    Well, I've often thought of that franchise in Washington as a train wreck, so your metaphor is fitting. Whenever I've felt bad about the way the Ravens have performed in a particular game this year, reading the sports section of the Washington Post always cheers me up. Their editorials regularly skewer that joke of an organization. Lots of fun reading.

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    I was very happy that Antonio Brown stepping out of bounds and Marlon scoring the last touchdown happened within seconds of each other. Made for a very nice exit
    Would pay to see a video of that. A lot, actually.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin