Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: On to the Lions

Re: Thrown to the Lions.

This game could go a bunch of different ways. Overall I have to give the Lions the edge at home. I'm surprised they are six point faves though. I would have expected, anywhere from 2-4.

Besides, it would be just too easy and too convenient to win a big road game like this. That's just not the Ravens way, they need to make us sweat it out every way possible.

Lions 31
    Ravens 20

This will be a tough game. Will be interesting to see if Bush goes. If not, Calvin is really the only thing they have. Keep him from taking over the game at all costs (easier said than done). I think Jimmy is perfectly suited to covering him... as well as any corner can be.

The defense is going to have to come to play. They will have to get pressure (will Dumervil be ready?). Stafford is competent enough to pick us apart from a clean pocket and launch the ball deep to Megatron. We really need to force a turnover or two and capitalize.

I think the offense will move the ball well enough with Pitta back. I'd like to see us continue the marginal improvements in the running game we've been seeing the past few weeks. A fast start would be nice. Really don't want to get into a hole and let that front 4 pin their ears back on Joe.

Have I said enough obvious things yet? This should be a good one. Looking forward to it.

Depends on which Lions team shows up. They can be very good, or pretty bad.
    I am a little worried that they just lost pretty ugly in Philly last week.
    On the plus sided is their Defense (esp their DLine) will not be able to intimidate the Ravens. They seem to rely on intimidation instead of being fundamentally sound for 4 quarters.

My concern is our own pass rush. Stafford is one of the least sacked QBs I'm the league (only 15 times all season) and our pass rush has been virtually nonexistent the last 2 weeks. If we let him just stand back there all day it's gonna be a long one

Re: On to the Lions

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im looking forward to watching Smith on Megatron. Im not under the impression hes going to shut him down by any means, but just seeing how he plays against him will be great to watch and a true sign of where hes at.

If he does shut him down... well that would be nice.
    Not me. I can see him going for 10 rec for 200+ on this D
    I believe last time Ravens went into Detroit they committed the most penalties in NFL history, or something close to that

Our offense needs set the tempo by starting out fast. We need to score at least 24+ points to have a chance. Anything scoring from Special teams and defense would be huge.
    Reggie Bush drives that offense based on the kind of year he's having. He may not be 100% and possibly might not even play. This would a big advantage to the Ravens

Just win baby.

Quote Originally Posted by schneiderbro View Post
    I am heading up to Detroit from BWI on Sunday. It's a group of 5 and we're sitting in sec 132. Tix were $125 each on stubhub. We were wondering if there was a central Ravens fans tailgate party going on near/at the stadium?

OK ... I bit the bullet and decided to go to the game next week. I used to attend 3 to 5 road games per season, but have not done one in several years due to a health glitch which had me down for awhile, but all is OK now. I once made the Ravens annual yearbook as the "Road Tripper".

As to your tailgating question. There is likely low Ravens fans' demand for this game. I don't expect to see more than a couple hundred fans. Detroit is not New Orleans, Miami, Charlotte, Nashville etc., and it's getting close to Christmas. Monday Night on the road is also going to be problematic for many.

I'll check in with Cole at ravens.trips.com to see if he has any slots available for his groups' tailgate party. That's normally part of his package, but sometimes he has space for stragglers such as myself who don't plan ahead. Otherwise, we will just hang out somewhere in Greektown (very appropriate for an Ouzo drinker). If you want to do the same, let me know.

btw: If you want any more tickets for your group, PM me before COB Wednesday to get them at face value. The lady is sitting on a few adjacent to our seats until then.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

The lions, this is going to be a good one. Now we haven't done anything on the road this far, but it's time to make a statement, We Are Here on National television. Detroit can be tricky. And we have played better to win. Or at least found a way to win. This could be tight cause the ravens are on road and we seem to make a teams strength stronger at times.

I'm feeling the Ravens are making there move. Maybe everything finally look it's best all units together. Calvin is a beast, and it will be nice to see Jimmy or Webby do there thing. I sure hope Doom plays. Fast track for him.

On offense, we should be able to let Flacco bomb it away. Run Ray to outside and easy check downs behind suh. Use Pitta in the redzone, we going to need TD'S. With Pitta and Brown in middle and Jones and Torrey on outside, I really like where we headed.

On D, pass rush, but also my one biggest worry in every game, SCREENS!!! We are the worst at tackling screens. That's a serious worry for this game, really the next two for sure. Elam has be cool and just don't let anybody behind him. I think it's time for a big statement game. We haven't blown any body out yet. Let's get it done. Purple pride

Also I didn't see the game, do A Brown really do look lost on the field? I know he is out faster LB, is he really lost and not playing up to his potential yet?

Elam scares the shit out of me for this game. He just isn't reading and reacting well at all as a FS. Honestly, I know Dig is too slow to be a regular FS, but for this game I'd have him switch roles with Elam. The extra speed that Elam has is negated by his read and reaction delay. And he is passive b/c he ain't trusting what he sees (We all saw the 1 Winning Drive show when Teryl Austin was critical of Elam on the sidelines during a game b/c he was too passive). Also Dig @ 6-1 helps more than Elam @ 5-9 against Calvin (even though it probably doesn't matter against that freak).

Quote Originally Posted by esporter113 View Post
    The defense is going to have to come to play. They will have to get pressure (will Dumervil be ready?). Stafford is competent enough to pick us apart from a clean pocket and launch the ball deep to Megatron. We really need to force a turnover or two and capitalize.
    I assumed they kept him out as a precaution due to the looming crap weather and the strength of the Vikes Offense being their running attack.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Let's talk about Detroit.

I am very concerned, but slightly optimistic. If Jimmy Smith can do almost as well against Megatron as he did Brandon Marshall, then I think we can pull this out. But otherwise I don't see how we manage to stop their offense, and additionally I think their d-line is going to dominate and shut down our already anemic run-game.

Thoughts?
    I agree that the Ravens are going to have all kinds of trouble running the ball. IMO, Caldwell should take a page out of Sean Payton's playbook and design multiple creative ways to get Ray Rice the ball in space. Maybe the Ravens won't be able to run the ball up the middle, but they should be able to run a variety of screen passes to Rice. I want to see more creativity than the usual check down pass to get the ball into Rice's hands. The Ravens are going to have to do something to slow down that Detroit pass rush. The guys they have up front are nasty.