Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: On to the Lions

Blog Entries

Re: On to the Lions

Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    Because the sports teams are successful PRIVATE enterprises while the pensions, etc. are from government entities...
    How many "successful PRIVATE enterprises" screwed their workers out of the pensions they were contractually entitled to & shoveled the money to their shareholders & senior (mis)management while they threw the expense of compensating the retirees onto dat eebil ole gubmint? Just curious, myself, but some former Sparrows Point employees down here might want to have a word with you about that...

Blog Entries

Gents, political commentary belongs in the political forum, not a Detroit Lions football page.

Let's not let the thread get derailed please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Back to the game. Yeah, it's got to be an aerial shootout. Hate to say it, but if both teams play mistake free, meaning no turnovers, I don't think the Ravens can keep up. Gonna take some Lion's mistakes and stupidity for us to win. But a couple Det turnovers giving us a short field or shortcircuiting their scoring drives. Or a poorly timed personal foul or two from Suh and the Ravens could take this one.

The Ravens really need to play a mistake free game though. Pitta being back certainly helps and the Lion's, for all of their talent, have shown an affinity for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Then, of course, there's the little we've sucked on the road factor to consider.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The Ravens are due to beat a team on the road.

They (hopefully) can beat Detroit. It won't be easy, but Detroit's defense isnt that good. Hopefully they can game plan effectively and negate Suh and Fairley.
    Their D isn't, but I just worry that their strength (D-line) is going to destroy our weakness (o-line)

Quote Originally Posted by Igotstoknow View Post
    Back to the game. Yeah, it's got to be an aerial shootout. Hate to say it, but if both teams play mistake free, meaning no turnovers, I don't think the Ravens can keep up. Gonna take some Lion's mistakes and stupidity for us to win. But a couple Det turnovers giving us a short field or shortcircuiting their scoring drives. Or a poorly timed personal foul or two from Suh and the Ravens could take this one.

The Ravens really need to play a mistake free game though. Pitta being back certainly helps and the Lion's, for all of their talent, have shown an affinity for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Then, of course, there's the little we've sucked on the road factor to consider.
    Stafford's middle name is turnover. If our defense can't get any against him, then we really are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Their D isn't, but I just worry that their strength (D-line) is going to destroy our weakness (o-line)
    Bingo.

Suh and Farley could have a field day pressuring Flacco. I also look for a Suh cheap shot against Joe because he's an idiot coached by an idiot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That's my major concern as well.

Thrown to the Lions.

Let's talk about Detroit.

I am very concerned, but slightly optimistic. If Jimmy Smith can do almost as well against Megatron as he did Brandon Marshall, then I think we can pull this out. But otherwise I don't see how we manage to stop their offense, and additionally I think their d-line is going to dominate and shut down our already anemic run-game.

Thoughts?

Re: Thrown to the Lions.

I think CHRIS will gets his catches even against Smith and rightfully so. But my worry is when he lines up elsewhere and has to take on Graham and Webb. Just a bad match up all around.
    Any word on Bush hoping he needs to rest a week.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

iggyman555 Guest

My damn phone not Chris I meant Calvin

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Let's talk about Detroit.

I am very concerned, but slightly optimistic. If Jimmy Smith can do almost as well against Megatron as he did Brandon Marshall, then I think we can pull this out. But otherwise I don't see how we manage to stop their offense, and additionally I think their d-line is going to dominate and shut down our already anemic run-game.

Thoughts?
    Yeah, I thought about Ndmakong Suh and Nick Fairley crashing through our O-line and shivered a little bit. I don't know how we'll be able to run against that D-line or save Joe's bacon. It's indoors; maybe with a healthy Pitta, Brown, Torrey and Dickson we can get into a shootout.

With Reggie Bush healthy, Joique Bell and that "tall guy" who catches all those balls our defense will be busy all night. (Brandon Pettigrew ain't no slouch either)

Detroit does seem to have a tendency to turn the ball over and that, plus a stellar performance by Flacco may get us a win next Monday.