Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: On to the Lions

Blog Entries

On to the Lions

Finally we don't have to worry about weather or (hopefully) delays in a game. This is on the fast surface in the dome and it's time our team takes advantage of the outside speed and Pitta's presence.

Lions can score a lot of points indoors, they're in the top 10 in points and top 5 in passing and total yards. Ravens will need to score TDs.

I sincerely hope the Ravens ask Flacco to throw the ball 60 times, that is not too much IMO. He threw it 50 yesterday in the snow.

Game opens with Detroit -6

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: On to the Lions

Im looking forward to watching Smith on Megatron. Im not under the impression hes going to shut him down by any means, but just seeing how he plays against him will be great to watch and a true sign of where hes at.

If he does shut him down... well that would be nice.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Finally we don't have to worry about weather or (hopefully) delays in a game. This is on the fast surface in the dome and it's time our team takes advantage of the outside speed and Pitta's presence.

Lions can score a lot of points indoors, they're in the top 10 in points and top 5 in passing and total yards. Ravens will need to score TDs.

I sincerely hope the Ravens ask Flacco to throw the ball 60 times, that is not too much IMO. He threw it 50 yesterday in the snow.

Game opens with Detroit -6
    Can the Ravens win on the road? I'm not convinced. 1 and 5 so far. That's horrible.

I've seen every Lions game this year and their key player is Reggie Bush. He is an enormous difference maker and when he's on it's almost impossible to stop the Lions offense. The issue has been that he is hurt a lot. Last week it was a muscle pull in warm ups that kept him out. If Bush shows up healthy we're in big trouble. If not the Ravens offense needs to stop with the late starts and start scoring early. That's how we can win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Unless the power goes out....

iggyman555 Guest

lions have a top 10 run D so the game is on flacco and the WR/TE

I'm not sold on our Defense shutting them down, just slowing them so our offense better be ready to keep pace and score TDs. FGs won't do it. And also continue to win the TOP game.

Anybody going? There are many face value tickets available, and relatively well-priced air fares available to Detroit Metro and other nearby airports. Just thinking out loud.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Can the Ravens win on the road? I'm not convinced. 1 and 5 so far. That's horrible.

I've seen every Lions game this year and their key player is Reggie Bush. He is an enormous difference maker and when he's on it's almost impossible to stop the Lions offense. The issue has been that he is hurt a lot. Last week it was a muscle pull in warm ups that kept him out. If Bush shows up healthy we're in big trouble. If not the Ravens offense needs to stop with the late starts and start scoring early. That's how we can win.
    I agree with everything you say here, that's why I think the Ravens have to have a game plan of pass pass pass. It's the only hope IMO.

Tampa played low scoring ball and got out of there with a win, but I think that's a risky approach

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Why do they still even have a team? They can't afford to pay their pensions or their servicemen, but yet they still have four of the Major Four sports team?

Blog Entries

The Ravens are due to beat a team on the road.

They (hopefully) can beat Detroit. It won't be easy, but Detroit's defense isnt that good. Hopefully they can game plan effectively and negate Suh and Fairley.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

11. Re: On to the Lions

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Anybody going? There are many face value tickets available, and relatively well-priced air fares available to Detroit Metro and other nearby airports. Just thinking out loud.
    I am heading up to Detroit from BWI on Sunday. It's a group of 5 and we're sitting in sec 132. Tix were $125 each on stubhub. We were wondering if there was a central Ravens fans tailgate party going on near/at the stadium?

Our last two road games attended were Seattle (outcome was not so good) and New Orleans (outcome was monumental).

A

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    Why do they still even have a team? They can't afford to pay their pensions or their servicemen, but yet they still have four of the Major Four sports team?
    Because the sports teams are successful PRIVATE enterprises while the pensions, etc. are from government entities......

That's why it's so cool that 1/6 of our economy is now being taken over by the govt. They do things so much more efficiently!