Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dennis Pitta vs the Vikings

I know there are a couple other threads going on him, but I want to address his presence and performance yesterday. I'm sure it will get plenty of play this week, but what a difference with him out there. Ravens probably don't win without him. You could see him kicking off the rust early (it's only been since the SB that he was in a game), but at crunch time he was huge.

A gamer and a playmaker. You could just feel Flacco's confidence with him out there. 6 catches and a TD. Does Clark even have a 6 catch game this year? I know Dickson doesn't.

Laying out full horizontal to convert a big 3rd down into a 1st after a serious hip injury. Clutch TD on 4th down during that bizarre last 2 minutes. Even the way he sold the PI to get us close on the final drive. Resign the guy. We need him. Joe needs him.
    Last edited by Igotstoknow; 12-09-2013 at 07:15 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: Dennis Pitta vs the Vikings

I think his return bodes very well for the offense. Flacco's thrown a lot more to the wide-outs since Pitta was out than has been his norm, and it's not like there's a Boldin in that bunch.

To use one of Terrell Suggs' lines......

The white tight end..... he's everywhere you need him to be!!! :happyanim
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Igotstoknow View Post
    I know there are a couple other threads going on him, but I want to address his presence and performance yesterday. I'm sure it will get plenty of play this week, but what a difference with him out there. Ravens probably don't win without him. You could see him kicking off the rust early (it's only been since the SB that he was in a game), but at crunch time he was huge.

A gamer and a playmaker. You could just feel Flacco's confidence with him out there. 6 catches and a TD. Does Clark even have a 6 catch game this year? I know Dickson doesn't.

Laying out full horizontal to convert a big 3rd down into a 1st after a serious hip injury. Clutch TD on 4th down during that bizarre last 2 minutes. Even the way he sold the PI to get us close on the final drive. Resign the guy. We need him. Joe needs him.
    clark did have a 7 catch game 80+ yards... on 12 targets. one of those where the stats look better than anybody would say he actually played in that game as he had huge drive ending drops.

Pitta didnt put up huge numbers, but every catch he made was huge. Thats a prime example of stats not telling the whole picture.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

what's cool is you literally saw the rust come off him through the game. Earlier on, he had one he just missed off his fingertips, and I jokingly said "A fully healthy Pitta in a non-snow game makes that catch"

Then later on, he made one of those catches

Then, he got his TD with the BIG shot on him making the catch.

You saw Pitta go from testing it out to playing like his old self. In one game.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I'll state the obvious that the weather conditions couldn't have been worse for him coming back. Can't wait to see this offense next week on the fast track in a dome. They should throw the ball all day, forget the run. Throw it then throw it again

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Pitta was huge in this game. I am so glad that man is back. Defenders will have to account for him. Clark was serviceable at best, and for the most part did pretty good. But he was just a bandaid for Pitta.

I for one was pleasantly surprised how productive Pitta was. It looked like he was in mid season form given such bad weather. And did you know notice something else? We started using the deep middle of the field again. I'm relieved he was able to get up and keep playing after he made that catch where he laid himself out. I thought to myself now that's a test on that hip.

I for one was worried about Pitta coming back too early, especially for a game with such bad weather, but it seems like I was worried for nothing.

Resigning Pitta should be the #1 priority this off season. This offense is on a whole different level with him playing on it.

And I loved how having Pitta allowed Marlon Brown to get more open than usual. And in future games, opposing teams are gonna have to put a lot more effort into covering our TE/slot receiver which will allow Torrey and Jacoby more room as well.

Pitta's absence spelled out how important it is to have two good TE's. We only have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'll state the obvious that the weather conditions couldn't have been worse for him coming back. Can't wait to see this offense next week on the fast track in a dome. They should throw the ball all day, forget the run. Throw it then throw it again
    Ehhhh, I would still give Rice 15 carries and Pierce 5. The Eagles carved the Lions up on the ground yesterday. Obviously we aren't as effective on the ground but Rice was running well at the end of the game yesterday. I think we are getting to the point where our run game can average 3.2ish which is good enough.