Blog Entries

Titans dismantling?

This is all speculation, but saw a few tweets from Ian Rapoport...

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
    Name to watch for #Titans future QB: Jay Cutler. Sources: He’s on the radar & believed to be interested in being back in Tenn. if out in CHI

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m
    #Titans not expected to pick up 2015 option ($13M) for QB Jake Locker, @MikeSilver & I are told. Puts them immediately in the QB market.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m
    Why is Munchak coaching for his job? Philosophical differences between coaches and brass. Built as run-first team, playing as passing team

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m
    What @MikeSilver & I reported on #NFLGameDay: Big changes coming for Titans. Munchak coaching for his job. CJ2k expected to be cut after ‘13

So in 2014, could be new coach and RB, with new QB to replace Locker. Just wow.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Re: Titans dismantling?

Titans are going the way of the Raiders.

Spent way too much money in the wrong places are they have a lot of guys not living up to those contracts...namely CJ2K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

All of that sounds reasonable. Locker is not coming back, he's too fragile. Owner died so the new ownership probably wants a coaching change. They've seen what a Franchise QB can do for the fan base, even if you're not winning a lot (see Washington, even Buffalo).

They need a new coach and a new QB that can excite the base

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Serious business.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Well, Mike Munchak is welcome to bring his ass to Baltimore and coach our offensive line.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Titans are going the way of the Raiders.

Spent way too much money in the wrong places are they have a lot of guys not living up to those contracts...namely CJ2K.

The one major thing that separates Tennessee from Baltimore in that regard is the presence of a quality QB. Not that Rice received what Johnson did.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, Mike Munchak is welcome to bring his ass to Baltimore and coach our offensive line.
    :word

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't say the Titans are anywhere near worse off as the Raiders are/were two seasons ago (seem to be rebuilding at a steady pace I guess). They just need a better QB who can stay healthy. If they draft a decent QB prospect, they could easily compete with Indi IMO, the talent is there. They have a solid defense, some good young developing receivers, and a pretty good offensive line. They will obviously have to replace CJ2K, that wont be too hard to do, RBs aren't that hard to find in FA or the draft.

The Raiders just flat out sucked, and had holes at literally every position, but somehow were paying those guys way too much money, which yielded to an atrocious cap situation.