Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: Kubiak

Allegedly the owner wants to meet with Lovie Smith.

And if I was Mike Shanahan, I'd bring Kubiak into Washington ASAP

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    not many coaches survive 11 loss seasons when legitimate SB aspirations were expected...
    This is why the negative posts about Harbaugh, when the Ravens were 3 - 5, are laughable now. The Ravens were an Evans catch away from a Super Bowl appearance in 2011. It is so difficult to get back to that level the next season. Harb's team exceeded that, and are the current NFL Champions. When many were ready to bury the Ravens this year, they've come back to become legitimate playoff contenders. Guys like Kubiak get fired, HCs like Harbaugh gets a contract extension... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Allegedly the owner wants to meet with Lovie Smith.

And if I was Mike Shanahan, I'd bring Kubiak into Washington ASAP
    No way. Kyle is the least of their issue and is a pretty good OC in his own right. I'd entertain Kyle here if Caldwell gets tossed and we can't land Kubiac.

Plus, he's never going to fire his son.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No way. Kyle is the least of their issue and is a pretty good OC in his own right. I'd entertain Kyle here if Caldwell gets tossed and we can't land Kubiac.

Plus, he's never going to fire his son.
    Dont disagree but Shanny may not survive another year in Washington and bringing in Kubiak could be a way to buy time. They won some SBs together in Denver.

and YES I'd take any of the above over Caldwell

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im mixed on him... He had a lot of talent in Texas and some will say he didnt get the most out of it (some have used the "unimaginative" term that we hear around here). Kind of like Cam, good for the turn around but maybe not the best to take the next step forward. Id rather have a young fresh OC thats going to be more imaginative in general.

I agree with youth and maximizing talent.
    Nevertheless, I've highlight HOU's offensive league rankings below...

Attachment 1948

from Pro Football Reference
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

That team needs some real inspiration. Lovie Smith could provide that. He certainly won't put up with any bullshit for long.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I agree with youth and maximizing talent.
    Nevertheless, I've highlight HOU's offensive league rankings below...

Attachment 1948

from Pro Football Reference
    i know the numbers are good. Just repeating that some say they lacked creativity over that stretch. If it aint broke dont fix it, i guess, but im not sure the same would apply to our team. If were still doing the Wildcat by the end of the season id take Kubiak in a heartbeat.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Sure Kubiak HAD talent eventually, but lets not forget that he had Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels, and not much else to begin with. Arian Foster was an undrafted player who Kubiak essentially developed in his system. I'm not sure Foster has the career success he's had else where. I don't doubt that Kubiak would be able to get this offense to similar production, providing the Oline is upgraded next season.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Guys like Kubiak get fired, HCs like Harbaugh gets a contract extension... Bc
    Kubiak was fired in his 8th year of coaching the Texans. Harbaugh is in his 6th year with the Ravens. A year ago, when the Texans had the best record in the AFC and the inside track for the #1 seed, you could have gotten 100-to-1 odds that Kubiak wouldn't last through the 2013 season.

Things change in the NFL. Fast. Harbaugh's a very good coach, and I hope he stays around for a while, but what was it that another Houston coach said long ago?

There's two kinds of coaches, them that's fired and them that's gonna be fired

- Bum Phillips
    Harbaugh's day will come, too.

Blog Entries

The man took some backup QB from Atlanta and turned him into a Pro Bowl QB, getting a good amount of years out of him before his already lacking physical skills went on the decline, along with his brain.

By the way, did you see how many WRs were getting open last night? Imagine Joe running that with some vertical elements.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Kubiak was fired in his 8th year of coaching the Texans. Harbaugh is in his 6th year with the Ravens. A year ago, when the Texans had the best record in the AFC and the inside track for the #1 seed, you could have gotten 100-to-1 odds that Kubiak wouldn't last through the 2013 season.

Things change in the NFL. Fast. Harbaugh's a very good coach, and I hope he stays around for a while, but what was it that another Houston coach said long ago?

Harbaugh's day will come, too.
    Agreed. I think Tomlin's day will come even sooner though. Tomlin gets a lot of praise for being a good HC, but the Steelers are on the verge of missing the playoffs for a second straight year. HCs of teams that miss the playoffs for 3+ straight years are almost always on the hot seat in cities that are used to winning.

Let's get the rumor-mill whirling:

With the first pick: Zach Mettenberger

The coach? You got it, Zach's OC.

My choice/wish:

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE hire Mike Zimmer and get him out of the AFC North!!!