Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NFL Replay - Mike Perrara on Todd Heap's sideline catch.

I'm watching a replay of NFL Replay on NFL Network right now. Mike Perrara, who does the "Official Review" was talking about why Todd Heap's sideline catch on Sunday was reversed.

He said two things:

1) He's glad they reversed it because they got it right by looking at the replay.

2) He said, and I quote: "That was the best sideline catch I've seen anyone make in a long time."

Let me repeat that: "That was the best sideline catch I've seen anyone make in a long time."

Re: NFL Replay - Mike Perrara on Todd Heap's sideline catch.

Hey Stinger

Hope you're back for good.

As for Perrera.

I guess the refs are 1 for 2 in regards to Heap TDs this year.

PP

Stinger, thanks for the NFL Network update. I guess he thinks that he needs to kiss up since his guys blew it in week 1, although that was an incredible, 1 handed catch & still got both feet down. I just watched the game tonight on DVR, my 1st chance since Sunday, I was at the game. What an awesome catch!!!

Here in Southern York County, Comcast hasn't added the NFLN to our cable system. All I want is that 1 channel. I have 10 religion channels, 15 music video channels, 8 shopping channels, Spanish channels, but I can't get the NFLN. What a joke.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Hey Jeff, I just switched to dish network for my television programming. They carry the NFL network and NFL HD. NFL network is even available on the $29 package, which is much better than directv who only carry it on the $49 package.

Not only is Heap an impact player, But he makes such memorable TD's. I dont think any Raven fan will ever forget that Sd catch last year, and this one is not far behind imo.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

My seats are on that side of that endzone, but up high (532) and I couldn't believe they originally ruled it not a catch. From where I was, I could see both feet drag.

A question about the rule, while we are on the subject of Heap's freak-like ability to make circus catches:

Concerning whether the ball shifts in the hands of the receiver. I am fairly certain I remember the rule is, *if* the ball is caught, that is, secured by the receiver, the receiver *is* permitted to shift it in his grasp as he goes down, without penalty. He just can't bobble it, or let it hit the ground (duh).

If I'm right, and please someone correct me if I'm not, that reversal should have been a no brainer, and phooey on the tv crew for not mentioning that important point.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Hey Jeff, I just switched to dish network for my television programming. They carry the NFL network and NFL HD. NFL network is even available on the $29 package, which is much better than directv who only carry it on the $49 package.
    Thanks Kevlar, maybe I'll get it on the TV in the Ravens room & keep Comcrap for all the other stuff.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Good to have you back Stinger

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Good to have you back Stinger

Thanks man, you too PP. I'm getting up to speed. It's been hard not talking Ravens. :)

The officials are mind-bogglingly (is that a real term?) inconsistent in their calls from week to week in the NFL even though this is supposed to be the highest level of officiating.

With all the heat that has been coming down on refs in other leagues lately, you'd think these assbags would get their acts together and significantly reduce the amount of clearly inaccurate calls they make every week.

For one thing, it's helping to alter the outcome of games (see Heap's so-called OPI against Cincy or the "time out" by Denver against the Raiduhs Sunday for proof) and secondly, correcting the calls extends games unnecessarily.

I think what they need to do, is to make certain situations reviewable. I understand that they can't realistically allow a coach to challenge every pass interference and illegal contact penalty there is. But I believe when the penalty involves a touchdown, and especially a game changing touchdown, it should be reviewable and challengeable.

I believe 100% if the Heap pass interference play from the Bengals game was allowed to reviewed, it would have been overturned and the outcome of the game would have changed.