Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Underclass an declaration thread

Both Marcus Mariota and Hroniss Grasu will return to Oregon.

Blog Entries

Re: Underclass an declaration thread

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Both Marcus Mariota and Hroniss Grasu will return to Oregon.
    Wow.

That limits the playing field for QBs big time.

Louchez Purifoy, CB Florida - declared.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Baylor QB Bryce Petty is staying in school. Not a surprise.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132644/bryce-petty
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Colorado WR, Paul Richardson (6'1" 180lbs) declared for the draft.

2013 stats: 79 receptions, 1,289 yards, 10 touchdowns.

He runs nice routes and has good hands and speed. He is a bit on the small side though. If he can bump his weight up into the 190's without losing speed, that'll do him a lot of good. I see him as a mid round pick...maybe 4th or 5th rounds.

Blog Entries

Florida cornerback, Loucheiz Purifoy (6' 192lbs) declares.

Nice size. He is a good press-coverage corner. Nice ability as a tackler as well. From what I've seen, he doesn't have outstanding "hip swivel" though and that could hurt him.

I think he is probably a mid-2nd to late-2nd round pick right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Florida cornerback, Loucheiz Purifoy (6' 192lbs) declares.

Nice size. He is a good press-coverage corner. Nice ability as a tackler as well. From what I've seen, he doesn't have outstanding "hip swivel" though and that could hurt him.

I think he is probably a mid-2nd to late-2nd round pick right now.

I'm just picturing him opposite Jimmy, with Webb as the nickel. Thats two very big/physical corners on your team, ala Seattle. We have more pressing needs, and have two very good corners already, but I'd rather draft him in the 2nd rd, over say a Travis Swanson (who I am actually a fan of btw).

I'm sure he'd also have chemistry with Elam already, with two of them playing in the secondary, the communication could be improved back there. Florida is producing a lot of talented defensive players lately, big fan of that defense lately.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm just picturing him opposite Jimmy, with Webb as the nickel. Thats two very big/physical corners on your team, ala Seattle. We have more pressing needs, and have two very good corners already, but I'd rather draft him in the 2nd rd, over say a Travis Swanson (who I am actually a fan of btw).

I'm sure he'd also have chemistry with Elam already, with two of them playing in the secondary, the communication could be improved back there. Florida is producing a lot of talented defensive players lately, big fan of that defense lately.
    I actually agree with you. Cornerback is a very underrated need for the Ravens both next year and long-term, and Ozzie loves drafting corners. Corey Graham is a free agent after this season and Jimmy Smith is entering a contract year. That's 2 of our top 3 CBs at risk to walk over the next 2 years, and the only depth behind them is Asa Jackson (Chykie Brown is also a FA after next year.)

I don't think they'll retain Graham, not with Smith's contract looming large on the horizon. Spending a 2nd rounder on a guy like Purifoy who can probably win the #3 CB job outright in 2014 sounds like a great idea to me. The good thing is this is a GREAT draft for DBs. Both Florida guys look like 2nd rounders, but one of them might slide to the 3rd, and there should also be good prospects like Deshazor Everett and Andre Hal in the 3rd and beyond.

Another guy I love in the 2nd is Lamarcus Joyner. He's one of my favorite prospects in the draft, despite his small stature. He could be a guy who splits time between safety and CB, much like how Matt Elam sometimes comes down to play man coverage over the slot. With him at FS, Elam at SS, and Webb at CB, you have 3 guys who can all play safety, inside corner, and outside corner. That gives you a lot of options for interesting blitzes and coverage schemes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

Hey, Corey Graham is a free agent and we all know how "good" ( ) Chykie Brown is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I actually agree with you. Cornerback is a very underrated need for the Ravens both next year and long-term, and Ozzie loves drafting corners. Corey Graham is a free agent after this season and Jimmy Smith is entering a contract year. That's 2 of our top 3 CBs at risk to walk over the next 2 years, and the only depth behind them is Asa Jackson (Chykie Brown is also a FA after next year.)

I don't think they'll retain Graham, not with Smith's contract looming large on the horizon. Spending a 2nd rounder on a guy like Purifoy who can probably win the #3 CB job outright in 2014 sounds like a great idea to me. The good thing is this is a GREAT draft for DBs. Both Florida guys look like 2nd rounders, but one of them might slide to the 3rd, and there should also be good prospects like Deshazor Everett and Andre Hal in the 3rd and beyond.

Another guy I love in the 2nd is Lamarcus Joyner. He's one of my favorite prospects in the draft, despite his small stature. He could be a guy who splits time between safety and CB, much like how Matt Elam sometimes comes down to play man coverage over the slot. With him at FS, Elam at SS, and Webb at CB, you have 3 guys who can all play safety, inside corner, and outside corner. That gives you a lot of options for interesting blitzes and coverage schemes.
    Two other corners I like a lot are Aaron Colvin and Justin Gilbert.

Someone of the br,com board done a mock with us taking purifoy in the second, he's putting everything behind drafting him to play outside and slide Webb inside where he excels in coverage, blitzing and tackling

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Colorado WR, Paul Richardson (6'1" 180lbs) declared for the draft.

2013 stats: 79 receptions, 1,289 yards, 10 touchdowns.

He runs nice routes and has good hands and speed. He is a bit on the small side though. If he can bump his weight up into the 190's without losing speed, that'll do him a lot of good. I see him as a mid round pick...maybe 4th or 5th rounds.

He had that production coming off an ACL too. Had a very nice game vs Oregon and IEO; basically no team in the Pac-12 could contain him even though he was option #1 in the Colorado offense. I think he'll rise in the draft process and be a day 2 pick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    He had that production coming off an ACL too. Had a very nice game vs Oregon and IEO; basically no team in the Pac-12 could contain him even though he was option #1 in the Colorado offense. I think he'll rise in the draft process and be a day 2 pick.
    He verywell could. Esp if he runs well in the 40.

I just worry about his frame. He has nice height and long arms, but he is narrow.