Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    878
    Blog Entries
    2

    OT - College Football Opener



    If you have the SEC Network and you love offense, turn on the Texas A&M Aggies at South Carolina Gamecocks game right now. I am biased, but watching Kevin Sumlin's offensive scheme is a lot of fun. In an hostile environment, Aggies QB Kenny Hill (Ken Hill's son) is 21-26 for 241 yards midway through the second quarter.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    878
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: OT - College Football Opener

    Halftime: Aggies 31 - Gamecocks 14

    Aggie offensive numbers:

    Total yards = 393
    Pass Yards = 299
    Kenny Hill = 2 TD, 27-35, 299 yards




  3. #3
    Johnny Who?




  4. #4

    Re: OT - College Football Opener

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
    Johnny Who?
    My words exactly LOL Hill is destroying South Carolina's defense. Kevin Sumlin is a really good coach and he made Johnny Football, yes I said those words LOL




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,344
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: OT - College Football Opener

    Hill is a better QUARTERBACK than Johnny Manziel.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #6

    Re: OT - College Football Opener

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Hill is a better QUARTERBACK than Johnny Manziel.
    Don't say that you'll break Skip Bayless' heart LOL




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    878
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: OT - College Football Opener

    Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    My words exactly LOL Hill is destroying South Carolina's defense. Kevin Sumlin is a really good coach and he made Johnny Football, yes I said those words LOL
    This is a fair point. Jury is still out. I still think JM had a special ability to make something happen after the play is broken. He was very elusive too with his legs, as we all know. Now, without Kevin Sumlin's system, I don't think he wins the Heisman. It's an extremely QB-friendly system. Let's not forget the big OL either. You can see in this game today how an elite OL can dominate and demoralize the opponent.




  8. #8

    Re: OT - College Football Opener

    Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    This is a fair point. Jury is still out. I still think JM had a special ability to make something happen after the play is broken. He was very elusive too with his legs, as we all know. Now, without Kevin Sumlin's system, I don't think he wins the Heisman. It's an extremely QB-friendly system. Let's not forget the big OL either. You can see in this game today how an elite OL can dominate and demoralize the opponent.
    I'm definitely not questioning Johnny's talent like you said he can make things happen but at the same time Sumlin's offense is very QB friendly. I also agree that their O-line is dominant, I don't think I can say that about their defense.




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    878
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: OT - College Football Opener

    Kenny Hill has just broken Johnny Manziel's school record: He now has 483 yards passing.




  10. #10

    Re: OT - College Football Opener

    Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    Kenny Hill has just broken Johnny Manziel's school record: He now has 483 yards passing.
    Do you think Hill can potentially be better than Johnny from a true QB standpoint? (pocket presence etc..) Johnny is special from a play making standpoint.




  11. #11
    All that and the SC defense looks small without Clowney tearing people down.




  12. #12

    Re: OT - College Football Opener

    Damn Hill now has over 500 yards passing, great way to start the season against a top 10 team on the road.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland