Thread: Pass Rush??

Pass Rush??

First of all, a belated Happy Thanksgiving to all out there in Ravens Nation! Don't get me wrong here, but will someone please explain to me why the team which leads the league in sacks could not muster even a Single sack on Ben last night?? I was at the game, of course, and enjoyed every facet of the game, from the tailgate, to the electric atmosphere, and finally, and most importantly, to the W! However, I've been posting for two weeks leading up this game, that Pees needs to be more aggressive concerning pressuring Ben. Again, I am thoroughly elated with the W, but I simply do not understand why this team, which could've probably won by 10+ points, always makes things more difficult on themselves. Explanations appreciated. Btw, why can not Flacco come out every game, and play like he did last night??
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Re: Pass Rush??

We are tied first in pass rush because the pass rush has been great mostly this year, people look at games and if we get no sacks, its as if we are terrible at rushing the QB.

Pees was too conservative imo because it was Pittsburgh, we were much more aggressive against the Jets. I think you'll see a more aggressive defense after the mini bye against a lesser opponent and QB.

The ravens designed their coverage to prevent Ben from taking any big shots down the field therefore they didn't blitz too much however when they did Ben did burn them a few times.
    Yes it's disappointing we couldn't get to Ben but I think some of that is because time and time again he makes plays with this his feet that kills the ravens, see first TD. There's definitely a little bit of a respect factor there.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    The ravens designed their coverage to prevent Ben from taking any big shots down the field therefore they didn't blitz too much however when they did Ben did burn them a few times.
    Yes it's disappointing we couldn't get to Ben but I think some of that is because time and time again he makes plays with this his feet that kills the ravens, see first TD. There's definitely a little bit of a respect factor there.
    Yeah - Pees kept the LBs and DBs in coverage. The DL, Suggsy & Elvis collapsed the pocket but never got to the Rapist. Kudos to the Pitts. OL and BR's happy feet.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Ngata in coverage on the third down in the redzone...

Anyways, I thought our pass rush (from the outside) was phenomenal last night. We almost got Big Ben numerous occasions (sack and/or strip fumble). Big Ben did a great job stepping up the pocket. Plus, the offense changed in the second half to quick strikes, especially hot reads to Miller and Bell.

This is more the testimony of our DC than our pass rush, Pees was awfully conservative even with Steelers having mediocre o-line in the game.