We punted 1x vs. Pgh

While I think that settling for three instead of seven will cost us a playoff berth if we do it continually, this speaks well of the offense's ability to generate positive yardage and get into scoring position. While we are not lighting the scoreboard up, this is reason for optimism. With Dennis pitta returning next week, perhaps he is part of the solution.

I did not realize we only had one punt,until a minute ago when I looked at the stats from the game. That is impressive.
    Last edited by BillickFan; 11-29-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Re: We punted 1x vs. Pgh

The offense definitely looked better. Especially considering Oher's penalties. But they also had favorable field position on several of those drives, which otherwise would have ended out of FG range.

If it continues to improve, and as you said, starts turning one or two of those FGs into TDs (with Pitta), we could go places. But that is still a big "if" in my mind, especially if we keep wasting downs running the ball for little gain.

iggyman555 Guest

Re: We punted 1x vs. Pgh

The offense was clicking last night. We have to convert more red zone opportunities into TDs, but overall they looked pretty fluid.