Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duck Gino

Re: Duck Gino

They will definitely test Gino. What D coordinator wouldn't? He has been the weak link in that O line all season. I will say though, he has played better the past couple of games. I hope that trend continues.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

What every keeps missing is the Bears dropped more guys into coverage and didn't bull rush Gino as much. They defensed Joe and beat him w/o rushing Gino. So anyone will improve with no one coming at him. Jets didn't blitz as much either because Joe had a rating of 137.5 when they didn't blitz. Joe lost a TD when he threw into a tight window and Reed crashed into his receiver causing him to drop the ball. Not blitzing Joe as much is what won the game. Joe got more time because Rex didn't blitz as much and that was very unusual.

Lombardi said the way to beat the Baltimore Colts is to defense Unitas and that's how they beat us all those times and teams are focusing on defensing Joe, at least the Bears and Jets blitzed less. So everyone thinks the o-line is improving.

Squeelers will bull rush Joe with 350 pounders he can't handle.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-28-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    What every keeps missing is the Bears dropped more guys into coverage and didn't bull rush Gino as much. They defensed Joe and beat him w/o rushing Gino. So anyone will improve with no one coming at him. Jets didn't blitz as much either because Joe had a rating of 137.5 when they didn't blitz. Joe lost a TD when he threw into a tight window and Reed crashed into his receiver causing him to drop the ball. Not blitzing Joe as much is what won the game. Joe got more time because Rex didn't blitz as much and that was very unusual.

Lombardi said the way to beat the Baltimore Colts is to defense Unitas and that's how they beat us all those times and teams are focusing on defensing Joe, at least the Bears and Jets blitzed less. So everyone thinks the o-line is improving.

Squeelers will bull rush Joe with 350 pounders he can't handle.
    Question: Does that difference in PR reflect directly on Gino? In other words, you're putting it all on Gino and that stat is talking about blitzes, in general, not blitzes on Gino. Also, why did Rex choose not to test Gino? He is smart enough to know that Gino has been a weakness. That puzzles me?

Any way, I agree with your point in principle. When Joe has time to throw, he is a much better QB.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Surprising that the Jets blitzed so little. Maybe Rex doesn't have confidence in his secondary? Anyway, Lebeau certainly will, but I don't think it matters. We win, 23-13.

Joe's rating is 16.5 when they blitz and you know they'll be blitzing.
    FFS, that was against the JETS, who have one of the best front 7's in football. You keep regurgitating, yes regurgitating that stat like it's his career numbers against the blitz.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Question: Does that difference in PR reflect directly on Gino? In other words, you're putting it all on Gino and that stat is talking about blitzes, in general, not blitzes on Gino. Also, why did Rex choose not to test Gino? He is smart enough to know that Gino has been a weakness. That puzzles me?

Any way, I agree with your point in principle. When Joe has time to throw, he is a much better QB.
    Thanks.

I said it's not all on Gino but he hasn't handled the bull rushing too well when it
    comes up the middle.

Gino is getting better......lets wait till 11pm before we decide how he does.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

We usually lose up there and win here
    about the game.
    3 of the last 4 seasons, we won up there and lost here, with 2011 being the exception where we won both places.

Move Joe out of the pocket sometimes, away from Gino.
    Al

Nowhere in here or the linked article have I seen how many plays the Jets blitzed.

For reference, if it was only two pass attempts against the blitz then a stat line of 1/2 for no yards and an INT would be a 16.7 rating. But that is such a small sample that you learn next to nothing from it.

Blog Entries

Flacco can read the blitz as good as any QB. If they bring the house they better get there or he will make them pay

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The Jets definitely blitzed a number of times and came right up the middle. The difference was that Flacco was able to buy some extra time or break away. The play in which he completed a third-down throw to Dallas Clark was one of the times the Jets blitzed. There was another play in which Flacco made a good adjustment and completed a pass to Ed Dickson on a hot route.

As for tonight, I expect Lebeau to blitz up the gut because those cross blitzes are a big part of their game plan.