Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: WRs ....the 2014 version

And Mariota stays in school. Good for him: he hasn't shown that he can deal with adversity in the form of a pass rush or being behind. Fix that next year and he's the #1 pick in 2015.

Blog Entries

Assuming we sign Monroe long term, I will be super pissed if we don't draft a wr or TE in rd 1.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Assuming we sign Monroe long term, I will be super pissed if we don't draft a wr or TE in rd 1.
    It kinda fits doesn't it?
    No FS, ILB or C will have the value... despite being needs.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

What do you guys think about Jalen Saunders?

He looks like a rich mans Andrew Hawkins to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    What do you guys think about Jalen Saunders?

He looks like a rich mans Andrew Hawkins to me.

I need to watch him much more...like right now on ABC for starters.

Generally, I think a smaller scat-WR would be a good match-up in our division. Such a guy could be used like Ray was once effectively used in the passing game...despite being less of a run threat. From just generally stacking our board w/o a 4th and 5th rounder (Monroe), I think that our anticipated 5th round comp pick would be the earliest we'd take someone like him.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

With all the depth in this class, especially with if a lot these juniors declare, I think I'd pretty bummed if we didn't come out with one of those top 4 TE's and a starting level WR. Hoping we can keep Monroe, that would be the first step to making this a reality. Any combo of the receivers you guys have named with Amaro, Ebron, Fiedorwicz, or Austin-Seferian would be outstanding.

Is this guy Kelvin Benjamin for FSU eligible to come out this year?

This guy looks like a monster.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Is this guy Kelvin Benjamin for FSU eligible to come out this year?

This guy looks like a monster.

Yep, he's eligible.

I've read some words that he could be a 1st round pick, even a high first round pick. He can be compared to Mike Evans, being tall and everything. And he may very well become a top WR in the pros. I'm a little wary though. Comparing Evans to Benjamin, while they are both redshirt sophs, Benjamin is 2 1/2 years older. He's 22, 23 in February. I don't know details but that strikes me beings as pretty late to all of a sudden develop in college. Evans meanwhile has 1 year only of high school ball, redshirted his freshman year then becomes all-SEC immediately upon stepping on the field this year. I'm probably wrong but comparing the two makes me think that Evans is the one with a high ceiling and the real deal.

Yea Benjamin has been really overlooked but he's made plays all season. Terrific at the catch point, solid speed, will go across the middle. I think he'd be a nice get.

Blog Entries

Benjamin is thick too. He's like 6'3" 235lbs or so.

Decent speed for his size. I have him as a late second rounder right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

About where I have him too wicked, he's a good looking prospect!

Delete.