Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

WRs ....the 2014 version

Welp...here we are again :DeadHorse:

Remember when some foolishly optimistic dumb-ass said this?

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Oh...and I guess that I should hope that our WR threads are few and far-between for 2014, b/c Torrey has pulled down something like 80 for 1200, Pitta grabbed the lion's share of Boldin's 2012 targets, and DT has become a better than expected complement on the backside or in the slot.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 11-27-2013 at 01:57 PM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Re: WRs ....the 2014 version

Mentioning PSU's Allen Robinson first, not b/c he's my top guy, but b/c a comparison (or "comp", going forward) immediately came to mind: Keenan Allen.

Nevermind, their mirrored names, they share incredibly similar college systems, physical builds and YAC dynamism.

See http://draftbreakdown.com/players/?position=WR for per target cut-ups.

And oh...Keenan is rocking a 50 of 72 for 737 and 3 TDs. That's a 69% catch rate and 14.7 YPC. However, his YAC/Rec is only a middle-of-the-road 5.4 (SEA's Tate lead the NFL with 8.7). So it seems like he will have success in an NFL offense that's far beyond the hitch and slant heavy offense that he had at Cal. Of course, having a real QB helps too. Whatever the case, he's providing excellent 3rd round value and is actually SD's #1 WR due to multiple injuries at the position (Floyd, Alexander).

*pats self on back*

Back to Robinson...has anyone watched a lot of him yet?
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 11-27-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

From what I've seen, he is intriguing. Maybe as a mid 2nd rounder. Keenan Allen is a good conparison.

What I like about his is he is a hands catcher, even in cold weather. I think when you play in an outdoor stadium in the north east then that is something that should be considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I am very very very very high on Odell Beckham

very high

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I am very very very very high on Odell Beckham

very high
    Same here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I very much like the fact that a WR the caliber of PSU's Allen Robinson will probably be available in the second and perhaps even third round.

Big fan of Beckham as well.

I'm very very high on this WR class. I'd be disappointed if Ozzie & Co. don't draft more than one.

Yup. Beckham is very good. I liked him early on based solely on his 2012 tape.

I love his aggression and how he attacks the ball in the air.
    He and Brandin Cooks (all 5'9 of him) seem to shine the brightest in this area.

@BigPlayReceiver

Cooks among the best at attacking the ball in the air? I don't see it.

Love Brandin Cooks. He profiles very similarly to Percy Harvin in terms of physicality and quickness. I'm not totally sure he's a great option outside the numbers, but he's a great playmaking WR and that's what we need. Allen Robinson is a good player, and I particularly like how well he runs in the open field, but he's not fast enough to play outside in this offense IMO.

The Ravens really need another Torrey Smith type on the outside. Hopefully one with better hands--Torrey's concentration lapses with the ball in the air are killing me so far this year. Sammy Watkins is still my top choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Cooks among the best at attacking the ball in the air? I don't see it.
    For reals? He gets more out of his 5'9 frame (he's listed at 5'10, but no way) than the vast majority of 6'+ college cats that I've ever seen. I'll add some timestamps of what I'm talking about when I can.

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    For reals? He gets more out of his 5'9 frame (he's listed at 5'10, but no way) than the vast majority of 6'+ college cats that I've ever seen. I'll add some timestamps of what I'm talking about when I can.
    Completely for reals. I can think of 4-5 guys off hand in this draft that are better at snatching the ball out of the air and/or attacking it at its high point.

I think you're attributing greater ability to the guy than he actually has because he's a personall favorite. I think he's a poor man's Tavon Austin.