Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: MNF 49'ers vs. Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I choose to remember Josh Wilson for this wonderful moment...

http://youtu.be/_yszADcxME0?t=29s
    No doubt. But last night he was horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Teams are not going to let RG3 out of the pocket anymore so he's going to have to learn to be a pocket QB. Their fans need to be patient this year, they're not making the playoffs anyway. Give the dude time
    Their fans may be patient, but the most important fan is not...and time has run out on somebody.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Their fans may be patient, but the most important fan is not...and time has run out on somebody.
    It'll be interesting to see their coaching carousel this offseason. Mike Shanahan has one year left on his deal after this year. He could choose to replace to OC...but that could lead to some real nasty family gatherings (Kyle Shanahan). Do they oust Mike Shanahan to put Kyle in as HC? Do they wipe the Shanahan dynasty away and roll the dice on a new coach? Heard Baylor just gave RG3's old coach a huge raise in an attempt to make sure he isn't pilfered for a college (or NFL) opportunity.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    It'll be interesting to see their coaching carousel this offseason. Mike Shanahan has one year left on his deal after this year. He could choose to replace to OC...but that could lead to some real nasty family gatherings (Kyle Shanahan). Do they oust Mike Shanahan to put Kyle in as HC? Do they wipe the Shanahan dynasty away and roll the dice on a new coach? Heard Baylor just gave RG3's old coach a huge raise in an attempt to make sure he isn't pilfered for a college (or NFL) opportunity.
    It will be interesting...you have to think they side with RG3...and if that is the case, you need to get the new coaches (system) in here yesterday. I don't see how they can go with the status quo for one more year. And it is not just their sophomore QB that is struggling...their defense is porous and their special teams may be the worst in the league.

Blog Entries

are you saying that Snyder may fire his coach? Not sure I'm following. If that happened I'd be pretty surprised but then again Danny does have a tendency to flip coaches every couple of years. Maybe he could bring Spurier back :)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

are you saying that Snyder may fire his coach? Not sure I'm following. If that happened I'd be pretty surprised but then again Danny does have a tendency to flip coaches every couple of years. Maybe he could bring Spurier back :)
    Look at it this way..you only have 3 more years before you need to fish-or-cut-bait with RG3. So he needs to develop into their franchise QB now...you can't wait for the last year of Shanahan's contract to run out next year and then decide to bring in a new coach, new system, etc.

This will be his 3rd losing season out of 4. Coaches usually don't last long with that kind of mark.

Blog Entries

Look at it this way..you only have 3 more years before you need to fish-or-cut-bait with RG3. So he needs to develop into their franchise QB now...you can't wait for the last year of Shanahan's contract to run out next year and then decide to bring in a new coach, new system, etc.
    Yeah that's fair, if they are convinced this is not the right system. I think Griffin is still not healthy and he's learning to do something he hasn't done before, stay in the pocket. I'd roll with these guys and keep some continuity unless there is really something to the reported 'friction' between QB and coach.

But if Danny can get a big name splash coach, he'll do it. It's more about making $ than winning games

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

If there's two owners who love cutting bait with their HCs early on...it's Jerry and Danny.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Teams are not going to let RG3 out of the pocket anymore so he's going to have to learn to be a pocket QB. Their fans need to be patient this year, they're not making the playoffs anyway. Give the dude time
    I'd agree with this if NFL fans were patient. I see RG III in a different team's uniform within 2 years.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎