Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Jacoby Jones next year

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Lol, should've read this before posting the exact same thing.

You forgot Thompson though.
    No I didn't.

He is fast, but he can't beat out Doss and Stokely for playing time.

Things aren't looking great for Thompson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Cut him and sign Ricky Proehl!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    No I didn't.

He is fast, but he can't beat out Doss and Stokely for playing time.

Things aren't looking great for Thompson.

I'd argue that Thompson has a better shot of being here than Doss next year.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I would sincerely argue that Ihedigbo is a better safety than Jacoby is a receiver.
    I did post "productivity." While I like Dig, you're not really going to compare his BIG PLAY capability over JJ are you? JJ was surely #2 as the Super Bowl MVP, and can change a game with one or two plays @ WR or return man. Dig is good, I'm not doubting that, but he's not a game changer (like Ed Reed at 30)... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Exactly right. We're looking at a very tight cap. The money won't be there to compete with other teams. It's possible given his age that Jacoby Jones won't get many good offers and like Leach this year end up coming back. It's all going to come down to money.
    I agree, but would add that Leach's situation was slightly different given the diminishing market for fullbacks in today's game. Jacoby won't have that problem, and despite the fact that he'll be 30 next year I expect him to garner more interest in free agency than Leach did.

Virtually no chance Jacoby will be back next year. This is the year for the Ravens to finally buy into the passing game, and they'll need an early-round WR who's ready to play opposite Torrey right away. I'd take Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, Marqise Lee, or Brandin Cooks in the 1st/2nd rounds, and give that guy every chance to win #3 or possibly even the #2 job.

Marlon Brown is a keeper long-term. Mellette is an intriguing size/speed prospect that could contribute in the red zone. Beyond that, they'll pick one of Doss/Thompson... probably Doss as Thompson isn't even good enough to be active on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Virtually no chance Jacoby will be back next year. This is the year for the Ravens to finally buy into the passing game, and they'll need an early-round WR who's ready to play opposite Torrey right away. I'd take Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, Marqise Lee, or Brandin Cooks in the 1st/2nd rounds, and give that guy every chance to win #3 or possibly even the #2 job.

Marlon Brown is a keeper long-term. Mellette is an intriguing size/speed prospect that could contribute in the red zone. Beyond that, they'll pick one of Doss/Thompson... probably Doss as Thompson isn't even good enough to be active on Sundays.
    Yeah, I agree they need a difference maker on this offense somewhere to compliment Torrey. All the best offenses in the league have one or several. Gronk, J. Graham, Megatron. Denver has like three of them. Nelson & Cobb in Green Bay. I realize these guys don't grow on trees, but the offense just isn't going to reach it's potential with Torrey (who I love, and who is bordering on being a true #1 but let's face it, he's not Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson) and a bunch of Doss/Thompson/Marlon Brown type guys unless one of them really blossoms into a special player. I like Brown a lot but I'm trying not to inflate expectations for an undrafted guy just because he's made a couple of nice plays.

Getting a difference maker probably means investing a 1st or 2nd round pick. If you're going to pay Flacco $120 mil, you have to protect him and give him guys to throw to. Has to happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

Evans, Watkins or Lee in round 1.

Fiedorowicz or Ebron in round 2.

You would be getting two impact positions with difference makers right away.

Or Amaro in the first and Cooks in the second :-). Any one if those variations. The Raven grab a real weapon at inline TE allowing Pitta to play the move role exclusively and add a legitimate #2 WR who can separate or has a ridiculous catch radius like Evans while allowing Marlon Brown to be a big slot then they can make a real jump offensively. Worrying about Jacoby is aiming too low imo. He should return as no higher then the 4th receiver and on a close to minimum deal imo.

I would sincerely argue that Ihedigbo is a better safety than Jacoby is a receiver.

And I would argue that you are wrong....seriously, dude, did you even watch the Super Bowl?
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Jacoby Jones next year

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    And I would argue that you are wrong....seriously, dude, did you even watch the Super Bowl?
    At this point, this season, Dig has been the better player.

This is something that a lot of fans have trouble with. What happened last year has little bearing on what should happen in the future. Jacoby was great in the playoffs and the Super Bowl. He has made some decent plays this year, but ultimately he is not someone that they should go out of their way to resign after this season.

As far as the defense is concerned, Dig has made a lot of impact plays and while he isn't outstanding in coverage, he's not terrible at all. This defense would be a lot worse without Dig than the offense without Jacoby IMO.

Last edited by wickedsolo; 11-25-2013 at 09:57 PM.

At this point, this season, Dig has been the better player.

This is something that a lot of fans have trouble with. What happened last year has little bearing on what should happen in the future. Jacoby was great in the playoffs and the Super Bowl. He has made some decent plays this year, but ultimately he is not someone that they should go out of their way to resign after this season.

As far as the defense is concerned, Dig has made a lot of impact plays and while he isn't outstanding in coverage, he's not terrible at all. This defense would be a lot worse without Dig than the offense without Jacoby IMO.

You watched the game yesterday too?
    Big game, big plays......Denver, SF, the Jets.
    ".........pay attention to guys who make crucial plays at crucial times. -Gil Brandt
    Oh yeah, thats your sig.
    Way Down South in New Orleans