Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Current wildcard standings / Tiebreaker explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    all of this is meaningless at this stage - beat Pitt and then we can start tracking it. They still play Pats and Bengals too
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

I don't why anyone would care where they currently stand with 8 teams in the running.
    Survive and advance....survive and advance.

Re: Current wildcard standings / Tiebreaker explanation

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    'Sokay, it was kinda buried. I did the heavy figuring for bracketology here last season & sorta committed to doing the same again this year, but am holding off on the WC stuff until the team gets back to .500. If they crap the bed Turkey Night it ain't gonna matter much.
    It certainly wasn't my intention to step on any toes. For a while I've simply been curious about how the tiebreakers would shake out in a scenario like this late into the season where a bunch of teams are grouped together with the same record, and this seemed like a good opportunity to check it out. I also thought that walking through everything might help some people understand the tiebreakers better, as there has been confusion about them both now and in past years, but we seem to be the only two people who give much of a crap about the nitty-gritty details. Oh well.

Oops. You are correct, sir--it's not necessary for all the contenders to have played one another, only that one has & has beaten all the rest of them. Next time I'll look closer at each one's schedule...
    It's an easy mistake to make. I nearly missed it.

Sorry if you read it as a potshot at you. It was actually aimed at my own well-established reputation as the site's poster boy for fulminating logorrhea.
    Ha! No problem.