Great special teams block

On the play where JJ had a big return and the Jets bench got called for unsportsmanlike conduct, a Ravens STer laid out #58 on the Jets. It was right as JJ turned the corner towards the Jets sideline. Did anyone catch who that was??

Re: Great special teams block

It was Upshaw I believe

Correct!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

It was Upshaw. Isn't that type of crack-back a penalty now? Not that I agree with the rule, but I was shocked that flag wasn't on him.

And IIRC, the radio guys were figuring that the flag was for Upshaw's block (defenseless player/blind-side block). I did not see the block since I was in the concourse at the time, but then the ref refers to the coach's interference against the Jets rather than mentioning Upshaw.

Of course they did get him with the hit on the punter though.
    Captain Offense

I thought it was an awesome block by Upshaw! Unfortunately the morons at CBS didn't show the hit because they were too busy focusing on the coach blocking out the official. Thank goodness for DVR!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    I thought it was an awesome block by Upshaw! Unfortunately the morons at CBS didn't show the hit because they were too busy focusing on the coach blocking out the official. Thank goodness for DVR!
    That's odd. They showed it multiple times at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BSHU View Post
    It was Upshaw. Isn't that type of crack-back a penalty now? Not that I agree with the rule, but I was shocked that flag wasn't on him.
    I was almost certain it would be a PF for a blindside hit. But I've read the rule, and it includes verbiage about which direction the blocker is going, etc., so I stopped trying to interpret it and just enjoyed the play.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Thanks guys - I watched it several times on DVR but couldn't quite see the numbers. It looks like BR.com was reading my mind because they posted a much better clip about an hour ago.

Judging by the speed he was running, I was sure that it was a bigger safety (Miles). What a pleasant surprise :)

It wasn't so much a blind side hit as the Jet player was looking up field and had to of seen Upshaw. But the refs got the make up on the piss poor call of knocking down the punter. Great acting job by him.

Yeah that was an awesome block. I thought the flag was on him too. I was just getting good and pissed off, frothing at the mouth lamenting the flag football sissy mentality when they announced it was on the Jets, lol.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...