Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Is Doss back in the doghouse?

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Personally Id rather have the 3-4 catches underneath to Doss than the 1 big play from Jones every so often. Taylor... I think should be on the bench.
    In Denver though, JJ looked great doing the intermediate stuff too. I think Torrey, Jacoby and Marlon on the field at the same time, once they start to build a rhythm could be a juggernaut!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    ... Personally Id rather have the 3-4 catches underneath to Doss than the 1 big play from Jones every so often...
    3-4 catches for Doss? The guy has a grand total of 18 catches this season, and no TDs. Personally, I'd rather see JJ make one BIG play a game. At least that might have an impact on the outcome... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    In Denver though, JJ looked great doing the intermediate stuff too. I think Torrey, Jacoby and Marlon on the field at the same time, once they start to build a rhythm could be a juggernaut!
    I see the argument and clearly thats what the coaches feel as theyre getting him more involved. I cant fault it with how it turned out yesterday. Hopefully it remains that way but my thought is it probably doesnt. I think Jones leaves a lot to be desired as a WR for the most part. Yesterday he was good though so if he does maintain im content.
    -JAB

Signs point to yes: Harbs liked the way that being cut browned Doss' pants and lit a fire in him. I wouldn't say that he's been moved back to the doghouse but yesterday he was most definitely spanked for dropping passes (yesterday and a critical one vs. Chicago), and making bad decisions @ PR

dropping passes (yesterday and a critical one vs. Chicago), and making bad decisions @ PR
    Sounds like good reasons NOT to bring him back next season! I didn't want him back this season either!

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    Signs point to yes: Harbs liked the way that being cut browned Doss' pants and lit a fire in him. I wouldn't say that he's been moved back to the doghouse but yesterday he was most definitely spanked for dropping passes (yesterday and a critical one vs. Chicago), and making bad decisions @ PR
    I tend to agree here.
    Something is definitely up I believe.
    I sit right behind the bench basically where the mid-field entrance is into the Ravens locker room.

That game wasn't even over a nano second, everybody else was making their way to mid field to shake hands, have prayer or whatever else these guys do there after a game, but Doss high tailed off the field into the tunnel.
    Most of the team hadn't even gotten off the sideline to walk to midfield and Doss was in the tunnel.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Doss has made nice clutchcatches since his return - over the middle, third down and long, etc. Don't know the most recent rankings but up until lastweek he was also the leading returns in the league. I don't get the extremes in player opinions. Doss is suddenly returning to bust because 2 games without much statistical contribution? Meanwhile juice and furst are the greatest talents in the world that our coaches are apparently not smart enough to realize.

The reality is that no one on this offense is doing enough to be the consistent threat. Running game and blocking have been inconsistent and inadequate most of the time. This offense will put the best options out there depending on the situations. Sometimes that means heavy doses of brown, sometimes Jacoby, and sometimes it's been Clarke. Doss Has also had his days. Right now Torrey is the only one who will get consistent looks. I think Jacoby is playing his way into consistent looks too.

Who is Tandon Doss?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I think Doss is what he's always been: a guy who can really make some nice plays with the ball in his hands and over the middle against soft zones, but who will also drop a lot of passes and make a lot of mistakes. You'd like to be able to play him at PR but every time he goes back there you're holding your breath that he might turn the ball over. The same is true at slot WR; he very well could deliver a big catch down the seam or a nice catch and run, but is it worth risking him dropping the ball or running the wrong route?

Blog Entries

Said before, I think Doss is gone when Pitta is ready to come back. The bigger thing with him is the PR's, not his playing time at receiver. If he's not returning punts, he has no role here. Receivers like Doss are a dime a dozen. And, really, while he did have a couple decent PRs, he's nowhere close to Jacoby as a return guy. Not even in the same league...so I don't know why they'd continue to use him over Jones in that role unless JJ just can't handle the physical load of being both a full time PR and starting WR.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

There's such a steep drop-off in receiving talent after Torrey and Jacoby that you usually can't afford to put your #2 receiving option out there for kickoff returns AND punts due to the high probability of injury with that job (like the Denver collision for instance). However, at this point the Ravens have zero margin for error and have to play white knuckle with personnel and game time decisions (Joe running for the most yards since his rookie year as an example).

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Probably back to where he was in the pecking order before he got hurt.

Remember, in the opener, we threw to JJ12 quite a few times early in the game before he got hurt. He was running shorter possession routes, and really playing strong. Like others said, I think this is just him finally getting fully healthy, and Doss moving back in the depth chart.
    I think it's both. I agree that Jacoby is probably rounding back in shape from the knee injury, but I think that over the last 2 weeks, Doss has been blowing his chance to stay relevant. For as good as he looked there for awhile, he now appears to be regressing and, when given the chance, has failed to make a couple of very important plays the last couple of weeks.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap