Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: OT: Free The Birds

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy View Post
    I used to be the guy at every opening day and now I get free tickets and give them away everytime.
    Angelos has ruined all of baseball for me making summers very long.
    I have access to 4 club level tickets with parking passes I can't even give away when they are given to me. Angelos destroyed Baltimore Baseball & the sad thing is when he's gone, his kids will control the team. Where's Eli Jacobs when we need him? While he never tried to win the division, at least he tried to finish 3rd!!!!

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    As much as I disliek the way the Orioles are run, he has a point. It is as much abotu Nestor as it is his beloved O's. It is at a minimum 50% ego driven.
    I disagree, I think its just nestor's personality type. I do think that he has an ego but everything he says about the Orioles is 100% right on the mark.

It is so unfortunate what has become of the Orioles. It's like a marriage that has lost its spark and has just faded slowly over time. My love for the team started to wane in 1989 with the Glenn Davis trade. Nothing has been the same since the Memorial Stadium days. I think Oriole Park is beautiful, but the old Oriole Magic isn't there. The best 2 games at OPACY was Cal's 2130 and 2131 games. It seemed like old times then. This ownership does not and never has catered to the Joe 6pack crowd. That was the crowd that supported the Orioles since 1954. The ownership cared about the fans and did everything possible to win. Our farm system was top-notch and we always had stars in the making. Players made Baltimore their home. It was a true love affair with the city. Now, we have ownership that is ashamed to have Baltimore on their jerseys. They cater to Washington, Boston, New York and anyone else who is from out of town. Angelos is probably going to move the team at some point, as soon as he can get released from the stadium lease. He is silently building his case with the lack of attendance. This team will never be successful unless he lets go of the decision making. He is an example of poor corporate governance and the tone at the top is make money at any cost and winning does not matter.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Angelos is probably going to move the team at some point, as soon as he can get released from the stadium lease.
    No he isn't because there isn't a place to move that would make him more money. If there are any teams that will move it will be a FL team. Beyond that there are at least a dozen teams that would move before the Os.

Also, if I'm not mistaken the 30-year lease the Orioles signed to play in Camden Yards as as rock-of-Gibraltar solid as it can get. His law practice is here, too. He isn't going anywhere.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012