Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dierdorf at it again..

Spent a rare Sunday at home and a friend used my tickets. Watching the game and had to chuckle more than once at Dierdorf. Here it is, early 4th quarter.. Ravens have dominated all day. And Dierdorf spent a 15 minute span fawning over the Jets defense. We had double the yards the Jets had at the time and there was ol' Dan, ignoring what had actually taken place on the field and slobbering all over Rex.

I don't think he made one positive comblement about the Ravens smothering defense all day. Just kept talking about how maybe the Jets should send in Matt Simms to jumpstart their offense.

I got my best laugh of the day when Dan says, "Geno Smith gives the Jets their best chance to win" and 2 seconds later he throws a horrible INT to Graham.

Re: Dierdorf at it again..

I kept a running count of his compliments.

Stopped after the first quarter at 20 Ravens compliments.

Dierdorf is like Chucky. He cheerleads whichever team is doing well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Spent a rare Sunday at home and a friend used my tickets. Watching the game and had to chuckle more than once at Dierdorf. Here it is, early 4th quarter.. Ravens have dominated all day. And Dierdorf spent a 15 minute span fawning over the Jets defense. We had double the yards the Jets had at the time and there was ol' Dan, ignoring what had actually taken place on the field and slobbering all over Rex.

I don't think he made one positive comblement about the Ravens smothering defense all day. Just kept talking about how maybe the Jets should send in Matt Simms to jumpstart their offense.

I got my best laugh of the day when Dan says, "Geno Smith gives the Jets their best chance to win" and 2 seconds later he throws a horrible INT to Graham.

One thing, that wasn't a horrible interception. It was an amazing play by Graham. Sure, he should've looked off, but I got the impression he expected the tight end to be open, based in pre snap reads, and the tight end totally would have been if not for an Ed Reed like play by Graham.

I feel like we got down on Graham way too quickly this season. He was lights out last year. No need to write him off after a rough patch. That was stupid of me, I was calling for his head. Not though, I can't wait until Asa Jackson gets in the lineup too! Unstoppable!

Two: What in the HELL was Dierdorf thinking keep saying to put in Simms? Is he crazy? That's the sort of decision you'd make if you had decided Geno was a bust already, which would be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Two: What in the HELL was Dierdorf thinking keep saying to put in Simms? Is he crazy? That's the sort of decision you'd make if you had decided Geno was a bust already, which would be ridiculous.
    Almost all commentators on CBS, ESPN, and Fox were pretty much saying the same thing during the pre-game shows. Cowher was the only one who said he would not change QB's UNLESS the game was out of hand.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Dierdorf compliments everyone. How many times did he excuse Rice's poor play? He also kissed Flacco's ass on numerous occasions. Gino Smith and Ed Reed were about the only players he criticized the whole game.

It's a shame he's retiring.

Well, he did call Torrey Jacoby, and there was another terrible fuck up he made. I think he may have CTE

You all are giving Dan Dierdorf legitimacy by giving him his own thread. SMH

Blog Entries

Dierdorf and Gumbel, honestly, were tolerable today. I didn't find themselves doing much that made me gag or slap my forehead.

Honestly, only guy who did that was Jeff Triplett, stumbling over a whole bunch of penalty explanations.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

IDK, Diedorf was Diedorf which is to say he fawned over the team playing the best.

He was very complimentary of the Ravens....even picked them to get the final wildcard.

As for his comments on the Jets defense was he wrong?

The dudes retiring so those that can't stand him will be happy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Well, he did call Torrey Jacoby, and there was another terrible fuck up he made. I think he may have CTE
    That was Gumble who did that

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Dierdorf and Gumbel, honestly, were tolerable today. I didn't find themselves doing much that made me gag or slap my forehead.

Honestly, only guy who did that was Jeff Triplett, stumbling over a whole bunch of penalty explanations.
    "15 yards for rushing the passer". I knew the day would come that it would be illegal!