Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: For Those Who Missed the Game.....

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    When a receiver gets both hands secured around the football then doesn't catch it, it's a drop. Plain and simple. That's cool that Ed Reed made a great play. But guess what? Jacoby was allowed to make a great play too, and he didn't. I'm not holding it against Jacoby too much though, he's a great player. But I brought it up because on one of Flacco's "incompletions", he threw the ball like it was shot from a rocket launcher through a very tight window and found Jacoby's hands.
    On replay, Jacoby may have had 2 hands on the ball...but barely...he was just starting to secure the ball when Reed disrupted the catch. I have a hard time faulty Jacoby for that play. He never had a chance to secure the ball.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    On replay, Jacoby may have had 2 hands on the ball...but barely...he was just starting to secure the ball when Reed disrupted the catch. I have a hard time faulty Jacoby for that play. He never had a chance to secure the ball.
    Completely disagree with this.

Pitta probably makes that catch.

Jacoby only really seems to make catches when they are uncontested.

He should have caught that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    You need to take off those Flacco shades of yours. Ball traveled 60 yards in the air. Flacco released the ball from his own 25 and Jacoby caught it at the Jets 15. Maybe the ball travels a few more yards after that if Jacoby lets it drop but nevertheless it was a heck of a throw but let's not get crazy. Go back and watch the replay
    Yes, you're right about the distance. But look at the replay, and you'll see that Joe threw it nearly flatfooted. He barely stepped into it. That's insane.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Joe threw an INT that had nothing to do with the wind. He threw to a spot between Torrey and Marlon, I think it was, and ball was INT. Announcer didn't even know who the intended receiver was the guys were so close. Joe was then on the phone waiving his arms around while talking up stairs.

To me, it looks as if it was meant for Marlon. Torrey was wide open a good 2 - 3 seconds before the ball was ever thrown and you could tell Flacco was looking at Marlon when he threw. I don't even think Joe saw Torrey wide open.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Agreed. I thought that was a terrible call. Upshaw hit him straight on. Shouldn't be a penalty because the punter was looking a different direction.

If that is illegal, then punters/kickers should not be allowed to tackle returners (not that many do a good job at it). If they can't be blocked like other players, then they shouldn't be allowed to participate in the play after kicking.
    Thanks, I thought I was missing something...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Exactly.

Like I said, nobody makes that catch with Ed crashing into them. It was a small window and he had guys all over him.

At the Vault:

There were more than a few empty purple seats, owing to temps in the 30's and stiff winds I'm sure, but the crowd was pretty fired up and enjoyed the Ravens effort. It was probably the coldest home game in the last couple of years but the Fans quickly warmed to the fine PD plays turned in by Smith and Graham, the tremendous block by Upshaw, and the receptions & ST play of Jacoby Jones. Mr. Tucker proved once again he is as clutch as they come.

Jonathan Ogden got his Hall of Fame ring at halftime in a pretty cool ceremony with the Band forming #75 and Ozzie Newsome standing close by in his yellow HOF jacket. They did a close-up of JO's hand and he was wearing the SB 35 ring, the SB XLVII ring and the HOF ring. The dude's mitt is huge and the rings actually looked normal sized on him lol!

In the stands, that TD catch by Jones was fan-freakin-tastic and well worth gettin' nekid for! The stadium went nuts and the ensuing cheer was about the loudest of the season.

All in all I thought it was a helluva setup for our annual grudge match against our arch enemy the Pittsburgh Steelers on Thanksgiving Night! I hope the air is freezing cold and the temper's burning hot! This hasn't been the greatest year but I think this will be a good week to be a Ravens Fan. As the crowd poured down the stairs at the end of the game, everybody talked about how stoked they were for Thursday night.

GO RAVENS!!!
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Raving Sports Fan View Post
    no it was into the wind. Ravens had the ball in the 4th with the wind
    The wind above the stadium was against the long pass but on the field it was going mostly the other way, but swirling, which sent the pass to the left into Jacoby's path as he adjusted very well to it.

The wind on the field is often the opposite of outside the stadium because it comes into the 4 opening in the middle deck corners and hit the other side and heads back in the other direction.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    You need to take off those Flacco shades of yours. Ball traveled 60 yards in the air. Flacco released the ball from his own 25 and Jacoby caught it at the Jets 15. Maybe the ball travels a few more yards after that if Jacoby lets it drop but nevertheless it was a heck of a throw but let's not get crazy. Go back and watch the replay
    The truth is in between. You are measuring from one yard marker to the other in a straight line but he threw it at an angle and thus it went further than it would have exactly perpendicular to the yard lines.

It was with the wind, however.

The best pass he threw was the one to Torrey down the sidelines in which Torrey did a great job catching and holding onto it as well. That ball was dropped into a bucket.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The truth is in between. You are measuring from one yard marker to the other in a straight line but he threw it at an angle and thus it went further than it would have exactly perpendicular to the yard lines.
    But not all that much farther. A 60-yard downfield throw with a 20-yard offset travels [(60^2)+(20^2)]^.5 = 63.25 yards in the air. Pythagoras was a stingy barstid.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    But not all that much farther. A 60-yard downfield throw with a 20-yard offset travels [(60^2)+(20^2)]^.5 = 63.25 yards in the air. Pythagoras was a stingy barstid.
    My head just exploded.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    My head just exploded.
    Does that happen every time you see "stingy barstid"? :D

Seriously, one man's 'splodin' skull is another man's fun & games. (Or as we useta say in the stats wars, One man's meat is another man's Poisson...) I do the figgerin' so yinz don't hafta--it's why y'all love me here...:p