Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 113
  1. #91

    Re: Flacco's Bad Habit



    Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    So... what?
    So...what? Brilliant.





  2. #92

    Re: Flacco's Bad Habit

    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Naw how dare you make such a comment.

    Haloti92 is literally the "least" biased person here.

    I mean...he said so himself...so he must be right. He is always right, right? Sure carries himself that way.



    If he says so it is HAS to be true...right? We should all just accept that he is superior to us and everything he says carries more weight and is inherently more valid, if for no other reason than it came from the brain of Haloti92.
    I think some people have gotten seduced into thinking that they can explain or even "prove" football-related things using stats. But in such a short season, football stats are basically meaningless. Imagine trying to make some sort of reasonable argument about a baseball team halfway through the month of April -- it just doesn't work. You have to be able to look at GAMES and make sense of out what you're seeing. Some people do a better job of that than others. What I've seen for years is people simply not liking Joe Flacco, then trying to use stats to justify their preconceived prejudiced opinion. I don't know why -- the guy has done nothing but win. He brought home the most coveted prize in all of football. Yet he gets more shit than just about anyone to ever suit up in a Ravens uni. I usually don't even get into the fray because it's so absurd. But THIS season? With all the bottom falling out elements of the offense? To use that as some sort of battering ram against Joe? It's pitiable.




  3. #93

    Re: Flacco's Bad Habit

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Hey HALOTI 92

    DO I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION?

    YOU'RE DOING THAT THING AGAIN WHERE YOU COMPLETELY IGNORE THE FACTS, so that you can keep saying the same thing.

    Ryan "struggling a bit"...

    SINCE Julio Jones got injured, which are the only games relevant in this discussion since Ryan started out the season with three freakazoids to throw to...

    He beat the awful Bucs at home, congrats.
    Since then, he has 5 touchdowns and 9 interceptions. Oh, and two of those were garbage time touchdowns. In the last 5 games, his offenses have scored 13, 10, 10, 6, and 13 non-garbage time points.

    He is struggling more now than Flacco ever has in his career, except for the very beginning of his rookie season.

    By the way, he still has a better offense surrounding him.
    More of the "point to event/metric and consider it the only factor explaining the results"? Two can play at that game:

    Yeah, but, but they also played the Seahawks (2nd) and Panthers (3rd) and Cardinals (9th) and Saints (5th) defenses. See. That was the reason, not Ryan or Julio. Right? Those are tough defenses.

    And Ryan still has a QB rating of 79.3 since Julio being hurt, despite these defenses and no Julio.

    While Flacco has a 74.1 QB rating since that date.

    And last game to last game:

    Ryan vs the 5th ranked defense: QB rating of 97.4

    Flacco vs. the 24th ranked defense: QB rating of 53.4

    Yeah, as of this minute Ryan is struggling worse than Joe is, and worse than Joe ever has. Sure.
    Last edited by Haloti92; 11-24-2013 at 01:14 AM.




  4. #94

    Re: Flacco's Bad Habit

    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    no it all made sense tonight.
    You are the one that fucked things up with your holier than thou mentality and superiority complex that is painfully evident. You interjected not only yourself but your own invalid interpretations of the intent of MY premise.
    The only thing I fucked up was your dumb argument. Your insistence on making personal shots instead of making arguments is getting embarrassing.

    And which premise are we talking about? The one you started with or the one you changed it to after the original was criticized? If the latter, I never argued against that, in fact I stipulated it. If the former, already addressed, thoroughly.




  5. #95

    Re: Flacco's Bad Habit

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    I think some people have gotten seduced into thinking that they can explain or even "prove" football-related things using stats. But in such a short season, football stats are basically meaningless. Imagine trying to make some sort of reasonable argument about a baseball team halfway through the month of April -- it just doesn't work. You have to be able to look at GAMES and make sense of out what you're seeing. Some people do a better job of that than others. What I've seen for years is people simply not liking Joe Flacco, then trying to use stats to justify their preconceived prejudiced opinion. I don't know why -- the guy has done nothing but win. He brought home the most coveted prize in all of football. Yet he gets more shit than just about anyone to ever suit up in a Ravens uni. I usually don't even get into the fray because it's so absurd. But THIS season? With all the bottom falling out elements of the offense? To use that as some sort of battering ram against Joe? It's pitiable.
    Here is the thing though.

    Often one side has stats and X, the other side has only X.

    Even if stats are worth 0, and people would debate that, the latter side can't win. By definition.

    And it is the latter half getting their panties in a bunch when people do not swallow their side as obvious that is the main initiator of the arguments. As Tony so correctly pointed out.




  6. #96

    Re: Flacco's Bad Habit

    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Don't be modest now. Just tell us all how you and only you can be right.
    You should have hit Cancel instead of Post Quick Reply on this one.

    You missed the point, then wallowed in that fact.





  7. #97
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Flacco's Bad Habit

    No one mentioned JOe's worse habit which has nothing to do with mechanics

    All the chemicals in those chicken McNuggests he ate at McDonalds celebrating his $120M contract finally effected him.

    Only 50 percent of a McNugget is actually chicken. The other 50 percent includes corn derivatives, sugars, leavening agents, and completely synthetic ingredients that no home cook would have in her pantry. Dimethylpolysiloxane is an anti-foaming agent made of silicone. Tertiary butylhydroquinone (TBHQ) is a chemical preservative so deadly that just five grams can kill you.

    And that's just one McNugget.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-24-2013 at 01:35 AM.




  8. #98

    Re: Flacco's Bad Habit

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Telling me that no other QB is playing for the Ravens is meaningless. Obviously.
    We can just stop right there. At no point did I ever bring up the issue that no other QB is playing for the Ravens. So why in the world would you even bother to mention that? I know why. Because what you do, as others have pointed out, is make things up, then use that as some sort of talking point. But the thing is...IT DOESN'T EXIST TO BEGIN WITH. You just made it up. That's all you do -- take people's words, make up your own talking points that have nothing whatsoever to do with what's been said that you are supposedly quoting, then you proceed to go on and on about absolutely nothing.




  9. #99
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Flacco's Bad Habit

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    The only thing I fucked up was your dumb argument. Your insistence on making personal shots instead of making arguments is getting embarrassing.

    And which premise are we talking about? The one you started with or the one you changed it to after the original was criticized? If the latter, I never argued against that, in fact I stipulated it. If the former, already addressed, thoroughly.




  10. #100

    Re: Flacco's Bad Habit

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    So...what? Brilliant.

    Cute. Would like to hear who you think is responsible. Well, I would have liked to. Apparently you're incapable of conversing civilly, and/or properly quoting my post...




  11. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,146
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Flacco's Bad Habit

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    More of the "point to event/metric and consider it the only factor explaining the results"? Two can play at that game:

    Yeah, but, but they also played the Seahawks (2nd) and Panthers (3rd) and Cardinals (9th) and Saints (5th) defenses. See. That was the reason, not Ryan or Julio. Right? Those are tough defenses.

    And Ryan still has a QB rating of 79.3 since Julio being hurt, despite these defenses and no Julio.

    While Flacco has a 74.1 QB rating since that date.

    And last game to last game:

    Ryan vs the 5th ranked defense: QB rating of 97.4

    Flacco vs. the 24th ranked defense: QB rating of 53.4

    Yeah, as of this minute Ryan is struggling worse than Joe is, and worse than Joe ever has. Sure.
    Yeah and of course you don't mention flacco had a qb rating of 94.4/82.4 and 97.1 against the top 10 pass defenses of CLE and PIT. Guess that doesn't mesh with your rheotric.




  12. #102

    Re: Flacco's Bad Habit

    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    post #10 is about all I ever wanted to add to this thread. I thought it was a simple enough comment. I guess I underestimated your desire to make Flacco look as bad as possible. My word have you have embarrassed yourself tonight. You don't like being wrong huh? Always need that last word? Man...just look about how much respect you've lost tonight. you just come across as a cantankerous blow hard.
    Sentence #1: And #10 was relatively innocuous. Yet, you posted 15-20 escalating posts after that. I didn't respond to post #10. In fact I barely responded at all until you started with QB rating excuses and aDOT stuff.

    Sentence #2: It was simple and not too bad. The motivation was transparent obviously, but also not very surprising. It was the next several posts where you started implying equivalence and veering towards "what else can we expect, look around" defensiveness.

    Sentence #3: You mean your panties are bunched because someone implied Flacco might be somewhat responsible for his results. And maybe even that those results are worse than they should be. Get looser panties is my suggestion. As it is, you are Exhibit A of Tony's point, even if you are oblivious to that fact.

    Sentence #4: Hilarious irony. Another personal shot from the guy with his panties up his crack.

    Sentence #5. Relevance to the current discussion? Between the two of us I am the only one making points.

    Sentence #6: More beautiful irony, as for going-on a half dozen posts you haven't done anything but repeat addressed arguments, move goalposts, employ fallacies, and make personal shots. And also claim you were leaving only to re-appear for more personal shots and non-arguments.

    Sentence #7: Yeah, look at "how much respect" I lost tonight. Did you really just post that? You can't help yourself can you? You've been hitting the sauce?

    Sentence #8: Cantankerous is a two-way street, unfortunately. And there is no contest who is the bigger blow hard, you have me crushed. I actually make supported arguments. You just flail and resort to immature personal shots, over and over and over. Including Sentence #8.




  13. #103

    Re: Flacco's Bad Habit

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    We can just stop right there. At no point did I ever bring up the issue that no other QB is playing for the Ravens. So why in the world would you even bother to mention that? I know why. Because what you do, as others have pointed out, is make things up, then use that as some sort of talking point. But the thing is...IT DOESN'T EXIST TO BEGIN WITH. You just made it up. That's all you do -- take people's words, make up your own talking points that have nothing whatsoever to do with what's been said that you are supposedly quoting, then you proceed to go on and on about absolutely nothing.
    Of course you did. When you mention no one else has Gino or Caldwell or this or that, all you are saying is no other QB plays for the Ravens. Ummm.....hello?

    The rest of your post is obviously foolish nonsense, so no need to address it.




  14. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,146
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Flacco's Bad Habit

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Sentence #1: And #10 was relatively innocuous. Yet, you posted 15-20 escalating posts after that. I didn't respond to post #10. In fact I barely responded at all until you started with QB rating excuses and aDOT stuff.

    Sentence #2: It was simple and not too bad. The motivation was transparent obviously, but also not very surprising. It was the next several posts where you started implying equivalence and veering towards "what else can we expect, look around" defensiveness.

    Sentence #3: You mean your panties are bunched because someone implied Flacco might be somewhat responsible for his results. And maybe even that those results are worse than they should be. Get looser panties is my suggestion. As it is, you are Exhibit A of Tony's point, even if you are oblivious to that fact.

    Sentence #4: Hilarious irony. Another personal shot from the guy with his panties up his crack.

    Sentence #5. Relevance to the current discussion? Between the two of us I am the only one making points.

    Sentence #6: More beautiful irony, as for going-on a half dozen posts you haven't done anything but repeat addressed arguments, move goalposts, employ fallacies, and make personal shots. And also claim you were leaving only to re-appear for more personal shots and non-arguments.

    Sentence #7: Yeah, look at "how much respect" I lost tonight. Did you really just post that? You can't help yourself can you? You've been hitting the sauce?

    Sentence #8: Cantankerous is a two-way street, unfortunately. And there is no contest who is the bigger blow hard, you have me crushed. I actually make supported arguments. You just flail and resort to immature personal shots, over and over and over. Including Sentence #8.
    Wow. Look at yourself. Is this really who you are? Like, you conduct yourself in real life in this manner? Wow.




  15. #105

    Re: Flacco's Bad Habit

    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Wow. Look at yourself. Is this really who you are? Like, you conduct yourself in real life in this manner? Wow.
    By "conduct myself" you mean address your post point by point? Or should I say childish insult by childish insult? Yeah, I guess I do. The goal being that if your immaturity is pointed out to you enough times, you'll recognize it and grow up.

    Maybe this post will do it? What do you think? I am optimistic.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland