Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco's Bad Habit

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Right. What is more plausible, that both Ryan and flacco have regressed to pre-rookie form, or they have no protection, no run support and no weapons.

Two QBs drafted in the first rd, with established 5 year track records, each with $100M contracts, suddenly pull a switcheroo and turn into garbage? Riiiiighhtttt.....
    I don't know why you keep bringing up Ryan. This thread was about Flacco and his propensity to predetermine where he is going with the ball, defense be damned. It has cost us games, whether you choose to admit it or not.

Blog Entries

Right. What is more plausible, that both Ryan and flacco have regressed to pre-rookie form, or they have no protection, no run support and no weapons.

Two QBs drafted in the first rd, with established 5 year track records, each with $100M contracts, suddenly pull a switcheroo and turn into garbage? Riiiiighhtttt.....
    While I don't disagree that the play around Flacco plays into his results...he also needs to compensate for the play around him.

Like I said, on the pick 6, he can't make the throw when Rice misses the block. When Dallas Clark is running with double coverage, he can't force the throw in there. Joe still throws the ball better than most of the QBs in the NFL, but he has to clean up his game.

As said above, criticizing his play is NOT the same as saying he's garbage. As Tony said in his article...his crticism comes from knowing that Joe is usually better than this, but seeing that something this year is not working well. Part of that is play around him, but another part is his own level of play. Joe is NOT having a good year, but we know that's not what we're used to seeing from him.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    no one said joey "turn into garbage?" LOL smh

i take it you didnt read the article like RWT suggested
    Of course I read the article.

Isn't it weird that tony and all the experts here are here....and not employed by the nfl?

Blog Entries

predeterming read = not trusting OL.

Staring down WRs = not trusting WR = forcing plays.
    completely disagree with that assessment, hell the pick six last week was to the fullback and had nothing to do with either.

“I saw Vonta (Leach) open in the flat and the next thing you know, I saw a guy run the other way with the football… he was just a lineman”, Flacco said following the loss to the Bears.“You’re not really paying too much attention to him. You’re trying to get a read down field and we had just a little curl-flat combo going, and Vonta came pretty open.”
    Maybe you SHOULD pay attention Joe!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Isn't it weird that tony and all the experts here are here....and not employed by the nfl?
    What the hell is THAT supposed to mean? Because Tony and the people posting critcism aren't NFL execs or coaches, our opinions are invalid? Are YOU employed by the NFL?

Analysts aren't employed by the NFL...because NFL doesn't employ analysts. Analysts are supposed to provide opinions on what they see on game play. Agree or disagree, it's your opinion, but we're providing our opinion on what we've seen.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I don't know why you keep bringing up Ryan. This thread was about Flacco and his propensity to predetermine where he is going with the ball, defense be damned. It has cost us games, whether you choose to admit it or not.
    because they are analogous situations. I could copy and paste comments from a falcons thread and you wouldn't be able to tell if they were talking about Ryan or flacco. Why? How could that be when they are clearly two different QBs?

Ryan is forcing balls into double and triple coverage, throwing pick 6s and losing games. Just like flacco. Weird how two different QBs are exhibiting identical issues. Or...not, given they have the same exact situation: poor OL, poor run support, loss of weapons.

iggyman555 Guest

:grbac:

oy vey

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    no one said joey "turn into garbage?" LOL smh

i take it you didnt read the article like RWT suggested
    Plus Ryan is playing better than he implies. QB rating of 89.9. Definitely down from last year, but not an off-the-cliff drop, and not even close to a bad year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    completely disagree with that assessment, hell the pick six last week was to the fullback and had nothing to do with either.
    It had to do with Ray Rice being pathetic.

Blog Entries

because they are analogous situations. I could copy and paste comments from a falcons thread and you wouldn't be able to tell if they were talking about Ryan or flacco. Why? How could that be when they are clearly two different QBs?

Ryan is forcing balls into double and triple coverage, throwing pick 6s and losing games. Just like flacco. Weird how two different QBs are exhibiting identical issues. Or...not, given they have the same exact situation: poor OL, poor run support, loss of weapons.
    And maybe Ryan is having the same problems. And Falcons fans are probably right to examine his play and hope that he can improve his level of play. Just like many of us are doing with Flacco.

Ryan's play is independent of Flacco's We like using him as a measuring stick because for the longest time, people said Ryan > Flacco. But honestly, they are just 2/32 NFL starting QBs who happen to be in the same class.

iggyman555 Guest

Matt Ryan

Yds

Y/G

TD

INT
    QBRat

Joey Flacco

Yds

Y/G

TD

INT
    QBRat

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Plus Ryan is playing better than he implies. QB rating of 89.9. Definitely down from last year, but not an off-the-cliff drop, and not even close to a bad year.
    That's because he started off the season with some good stats when he still had a bunch of freakazoids to throw to.

Matt Ryan has 5 touchdowns and 9 interceptions in the last 5 games, and has only thrown for 300+ yards once. (301 yards)